+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Used Skytrak UK

Putter LeeRob23 is on a distinguished road

Used Skytrak UK

Hi All,

I was wondering if any Skytrak users could help me out with a few questions. I have been looking into getting the Skytrak as i am about to move into a new house with a detached garage and have the ok to build my golf sim in there (from the big boss indoors but said she can buy some new shoes to balance out the deal ). I was going to buy one from American Golf when i move for £1650 but have just been offered a used one for £1100.

Is there any reason or problem with buying a used Skytrak that anyone knows of?

The £500 saving would get me a decent mat.

Thanks in advance.
    Lee

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Do you have the option of testing it first? If so, take it to a range with a laser rangefinder, pick a target, confirm distance and hit away and see if it's working properly. I'm wondering why they are selling it at that price, there really aren't too many used ones on the market yet, seems they could get more.

Hi wbond, thanks for the reply. No there isnt the option to test it first as i am buying it online. There is a 14 day return policy and i will be paying through Paypal so should get some protection with them hopefully.

I was going to take it up the driving range when it arrives to test but havent got a laser rangefinder so wont be able to thoroughly check it but can pick a few targets and roughly check the distances. Do you think this will be good enough or could it still be completely out and do you know if there are any registration issues when buying a used model?

Thanks,
    Lee

Gap Wedge m3w is on a distinguished road
    It's not absolutely necessary to have a laser rangefinder. If the distances are way off, you'll know. And if they're only off by such a small distance that only a laser rangefinder would notice the difference, then it's close enough to keep.

ok thanks m3w. Does anyone know about re-registering it or any warning lights or faults to look out for when testing?

4 Iron psgolfer is on a distinguished road
    Both those prices are dirt cheap, less than brand new from skytrak.

See if the unit that's used is under warranty, if it is, then you don't need to worry.

Hey psgolfer, it retails at £1650 pounds here brand new from Skytrak distributors. The £1100 is for the used one, the item description says it has been used for roughly 300-400 shots. I will check the warranty with them. Thanks for the advice, how long do they normally come with is it 6 months?

Sand Wedge double_bogey is on a distinguished road double_bogey's Avatar
    Yeah normally 6 months.

4 Iron psgolfer is on a distinguished road
    Yep, 6 months, unless you pay the $99 US for the extra 6 months, then you get 1 year.

Even the new price is cheap compared to what they sell for in Canada and the US.

If you are really keen and want to know exactly how many shots on it, I have a version of the PC software that shows the shot counter, firmware version and a few other little tidbits.

Hi psgolfer, i've taken the leap and brought it. He was really helpful and seemed genuine and sent instructions on how to re-register it and sent tracking numbers. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about as he explained about the sim connection and that he didnt use it so i will be able to register it for the demos. Where can i get the version of the PC software that you have listed?

Again thanks for your help.

Thread Information