100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tecumseh

Sand Wedge marty99 is on a distinguished road

Tecumseh

Hello all,

I am moving near Tecumseh golf course. I have never played there before and am curious as what the opinion is of it on this forum. You guys are always bang on with your assesments and your opinions are highly respected by me. I am with Reservation Masters and probably would only play there in the evening when the green fees are in the $25 dollar range, otherwise I would stick with the courses on Ottawa golf. I usually play Chateau Cartier, Le Sorcier, Champlain, Les View Moulins and De Gatineau.

BTW. I am really happy to be a reservation masters member and highly recommend it to anyone. I also am on this site all the time and am thankful to have such a great resource for anything to do with golf.

Keep up the good work lads,

Jamie

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Tecumseh

Hey Jamie, I am playing there on Monday but I have played the course many times. It is not terribly difficult and the course is usually kept in very good shape. They never have any water problems to irrigate seeing the river is right there. The course is owned by the Mill next door (Bowater) and most of the members are from there as well. The course is challenging enough from the tips with thick rough, water on many holes and the greens are medium+ speed. There is not much trouble but the creek running throughout the course makes it important to look at the tee boxes to figure out where they cross your line to the hole.

My only problem with the course is their policy to allow 5somes. I usually play early in the a.m. on weekends and thereby avoid being stuck behind a group of 5 but dont be surprised if you see it.

I like the course, good luck.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie Marmotte is on a distinguished road Marmotte's Avatar
    Welcome to Gatineau Mills!
    I have played the course for many years now. It is one of the "membership" club in the area with a very well established membership base. I enjoy the course because it has a good design with some challenging holes and lots of water in play. It is conveniently located (accessible by city bus, like Champlain and Chateau Cartier). It used to have a good program for kids and juniors and has a well established inter-club competitive program.
    The only downside,and it is a major one, it that it tends to be overbooked (5somes) and has many tournaments and events. Combined with the fact that it has more members than daily starts, it is challenging to get a start at your convenience. If you are a "lonesome" player, expect to be merged into foursomes.
    If you can make a habit of playing on a regular schedule with one or two members, Tecumseh may prove to be a wonderful home for your golf game.
    Since my schedule is hectic and I like late afternoon golf, I prefer Le Sorcier... which is, in my case, at the same distance from my home... and I play with mostly former members of Tecumseh.
    [COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=2][FONT=Palatino Linotype]If you bury my ashes on a golf course, just make sure that they are out of bounds, that will be a natural continuation to my life[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Thread Information