CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge lm2016 is on a distinguished road

GC2 for personal use

Hi all. New to this site but sounds like some good information on here. I am looking to get a system that is accurate as a simulator and can work out on the range a well. Seems like GC2/HMT is the way to go. Any advice would be appreciated.

4 Iron psgolfer is on a distinguished road
    Depends on what information you are looking for. Mthunt seems to know the most when it comes to the HMT add on piece.

I have a GC2 and love it. I have yet to take it to the range with me, but will once the weather gets a bit better.

Are you looking to buy new or used?

Not to sure yet. Not usually one to buy used. Prefer Prefer warranty. That being said are there used systems available.

If you buy used, yes there is no warranty, but to buy new now you have to pay an additional $1,000 SDK fee if your not planning on buying any of the foresight software. This is a new tax due to people using their GC2 with third party software (foresight doesn't make any money).

So just keep that in mind. If you want new, contact par2pro they might work out something with you.

Haven't heard of an SDK fee. How do I co tact par2pro and what price for used. Who sells those.

Just google par2pro. Used GC2's are typically only on ebay. You might get lucky and find on craigslist or used(insert your area) or kijijii.

Does anyone use Creative Golf. The guy at Golf Town mentioned that software. I think it was only $1500 or something like that. What is TGC I read about that.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    You need to read up on the forums first. There's a lot of info here. Look for GC2 with FSX, GC2 with The Golf Club Game and GC2 with Perfect Golf. All three are really good. All three are priced differently. FSX is the Foresight software. The other two are third party.

Google the three and you'll find other forums.

Thanks will do

Well have been doing some research now. Seems like Skytrak is now out with TGC. Is there any reason why I would still buy GC2 for simulator play? how is the new Skytrak TGC software performing?

GC2 is better but quadruple the price. The skytrak is fine

Yes, GC2 is Three times the price of a skytrak. GC2 is much more accurate, has a larger field of view (FOV) and will read high launch angles.

I've owned both a skytrak and GC2 and I would buy a GC2 10X over again. That being said, skytrak is a good piece of equipment.

For Sim software, I haven't played TGC, I've asked for a demo but no go. I won't drop a $1K US ($1400 CDN) on something I can't try before I buy. So I've been playing Perfect Golf, which is still on $20 on early access and connects to the GC2 with ZERO issues.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, it's the same for all instances in life. Take a look on youtube, lots of videos for both Sim platforms.

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    If money is no object then go with GC2. They do have a longer history and it's an excellent machine. Personally, at this point, i would never pay 4x+ more to get the GC2 over the skytrak. I currently have the skytrak with TGC and have used GC2's a ton. For me, i see no difference. However, i have a pretty average SS at 95 and I'm a fairly consistent ball striker, so I have not had some of the issues that others have had. For me there were enough reviews of skytrak with TGC from those "in the know" to be confident with the purchase and I wasn't interested any further in waiting on something to be released such as PG. Unfortunately, i did the waiting with TGC to be released.
    Quote Originally Posted by lm2016 View Post
    Well have been doing some research now. Seems like Skytrak is now out with TGC. Is there any reason why I would still buy GC2 for simulator play? how is the new Skytrak TGC software performing?

Thanks to all who replied. I've decided and purchased my GC2/HMT with the new FSX Software. Next step is to figure out how to and if it's worth adding the TGC. I've read a bunch and heard both good and bad. Heard it isn't really that realistic but its fun like a video game. Others say its accurate. Me from what I've read and researched on my own I would be surprised if it was actually accurate.

I feel if you need to set up the clubs to match what your game is how is that accurate. At the end of the day i want to be a better golfer not a better gamer.

Would appreciate any feedback on this before I may my decision.

I'm not sure if i understand you correctly, but you don't need to do anything with clubs in TGC? The only time you need to select a club is if you are off the green and want to putt. At least that's what you need to do with skytrak. Also, in regards to realistic, that is going to all be personal opinion and you will get many.

Thanks to all who replied. I've decided and purchased my GC2/HMT with the new FSX Software. Next step is to figure out how to and if it's worth adding the TGC. I've read a bunch and heard both good and bad. Heard it isn't really that realistic but its fun like a video game. Others say its accurate. Me from what I've read and researched on my own I would be surprised if it was actually accurate.

I feel if you need to set up the clubs to match what your game is how is that accurate. At the end of the day i want to be a better golfer not a better gamer.

OK thanks. I must have misunderstood. Is there a way to demo a couple courses before you buy it. Figure I may as well go for it either way but I would like to try it first if it's possible.

If I don't like it can I just sell it to someone else?

I would look in your area to try one. Currently they don't have a demo, but recent discussions, they may be investigating that option, but who knows when. From my understanding you can sell TGC to someone else.

O

I'll put it to you like this. I took my laptop with TGC and GC2 to the range at my club. I set up the LM to the target greens that were the same distance and hit balls. The shape and landing was the same on the screen as it was IRL. I'm not sure there's a better test than that. Not sure why you think it's not accurate.

I'm wondering if he's thinking about systems that use the protee hardware with TGC and seeing comments on those?

I agree with the GC2 or even skytrak (at least for me), they are accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    O

I'll put it to you like this. I took my laptop with TGC and GC2 to the range at my club. I set up the LM to the target greens that were the same distance and hit balls. The shape and landing was the same on the screen as it was IRL. I'm not sure there's a better test than that. Not sure why you think it's not accurate.

Thread Information