CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    4 Iron psgolfer is on a distinguished road
    Understand thought with TGC there aren't multiple tee's and the greens run on a set stimp of I believe 6.0, where with Perfect Golf, you have multiple tee's and stimp settings ranging from 6 to 14.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    Actually that's changed recently. TGC green speeds and firmness are adjustable as wide or wider range than PG. The default is now stimp of 7 but it doesn't matter since it can be changed to your liking. I use stimp of 9.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    TGC greens run at anything you want. Of all the sim software's I've owned, I've used multiple tees all of zero times when available. It seems like that's a feature that matters most to people who don't like TGC. If playing with different users each using a different tee is important, don't buy TGC.

Sand Wedge brattenj is on a distinguished road
    Different tees is EXACTLY why I chose PG over TGC.
    I'm sorry. I don't hit the ball a long ways and my wife enjoys playing rounds with me.
    Should we both suffer because the game can't offer seperate tees?

Quote Originally Posted by brattenj View Post
    Should we both suffer because the game can't offer seperate tees?
    No. You not buy TGC. That's exactly what I said. Pretty sure we said the same thing.

Sand Wedge brattenj is on a distinguished road
    Exactly. Guess I could've just put "what he said".

mthunt, just curious, did you buy PG when it went full release? I know you played it alot and really seemed to like.

I'm not playing any sim golf in the summer so I didn't buy it. Maybe in the fall. It's great software though.

Too bad, seems that those who bought it are going to be renewed yearly at $199.00. Maybe PG will offer a similar discount in the fall.

Putter mattmrb is on a distinguished road
    Question for Perfect golf with Skytrak. I was thinking about purchasing both, but limited by my internet connection. Its only 2mb down with 40ms latency. Skytrak said it would work just take 10-20 sec to load (each shot I assume), but wanted to see if anyone knows the kind of bandwidth it uses and if the connection is needed all the time? I plan on using it mostly for local connection multiplayer and range work

Thanks
    Matt

2 mb down should be just fine. This is what I would suggest, for $36 you can buy the game on steam and see for yourself. There are guys who play online with slower speeds, the only issue you might run into is hosting an online game, but if someone like myself who has 25mbps down and 5mbps up can host and you can join with minimal effect of latency on your end.

6 Iron Rickyg is on a distinguished road
    How are the tournaments on PG compared to TGC I will be ordering a skytrak this fall and I am debating on what golf game to purchase I like the fact that PG is cheaper

Rickyg, your going to get an overwhelming response from those pro JNPG and those pro tgc. I'm in the JNPG camp, you get real time API and the stat tracker is absolutely great. You can review past rounds and has a ton of great features. So that being said, I have never played tgc so I can't comment.

There are a couple of guys who own both. Two of the guys that bought it when it went full release don't play tgc tournaments anymore. I don't know anyone who owns JNPG and only plays in tgc tourneys..... take it for what it is.

It's true that some people go on and on about how great one is over the other. The reality is both are great. There's very little wrong with either. Both tournaments are very similar. TGC has a lot more courses and JNPG has more features. Read up and decide what is more important to you.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    With the latest 3.0 update to TGC I'm not sure we can say any more that PG has more features. TGC added green speed, firmness, time of day, new camera modes and of course still has the ability to record rounds, replay, ghost balls and a bucket load of statistics. Anyway, both are great, I'd be happy with either one.

Not sure how best to characterize them now. Other than courses and multiple tees maybe the biggest difference is actually the pricing structure. PG is cheaper to rent but has no outright buy so the rental costs add up. Also PG charges extra for stuff but TGC includes everything.

In the end people just have to decide for themselves which way to go. Hard to go wrong with either one.

There's some big updates coming to Perfect Golf in the very near future, here's a preview (I'll also add the new ball physics are AMAZING!!!)

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:25 AM

Wanted to give you all a quick update on what we have been working on...
    We have recently released The Grove a real course in the UK that hosts the British Masters. We have another real course in Texas coming soon (the first new public golf course in Texas in several years) and hopefully a couple of other PGA Tour courses.
    We have also been working with Nicklaus Design and hope to announce soon a three course Asia pack of Nicklaus Designs and a 5 course Nicklaus Signature Course pack
    On the game front we have been hard at work on a significant rewrite of the bounce physics, which we have done in conjunction with some PGA Pros as some Trackman folks. This removes one of the more significant weaknesses in our current game and advances it to the next level of reality in simulation golf.
    We have also rewritten the Computer Golfers from the ground up and are happy to say that the computer golfer experience is now significantly enhanced. Faster and with a greater degree of flexibility than before.
    We have also separated out the Green Firmness from the Fairway firmness allowing you to play combinations that were not possible before as well as introducing a green quality setting which reflects how bunpy the greens are. the more bunpy they are the more chance on longer putts that your putt will stray offline due to the unevenness of the green or for those of you who miss a lot of putts the more chance it has to be deflected into the hole.

Putter Tdog1977 is on a distinguished road
    I just got JNPG sim for my TM4. All I can say is that it blows everything else away. Great work!

Thread Information