CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Just FYI, $400 is most likely an annual "lease", if anything. Can't imagine they'll sell it outright for $400, unless they plan on charging fees for all the courses outside of a core group included in the $400.

A little misleading, in my opinion, but it's all speculation until PG releases their product out of beta and unveil the pricing scheme.

Lob Wedge 21actual is on a distinguished road
    So if par2pro did a perfect golf video with skytrak it would be ok?
    I only saw a video of par2pro interviewing Seth Seth with a demo of skytrak and tgc, that seemed to be ok to show on the other site??

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    PG will be a one time purchase of 400? Wow.

Crap. Missed that. 400/year.

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    I'll take it as just more speculation. Way too much guessing with any of these guys anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 21actual View Post
    So if par2pro did a perfect golf video with skytrak it would be ok?
    I only saw a video of par2pro interviewing Seth Seth with a demo of skytrak and tgc, that seemed to be ok to show on the other site??
    Yeah I don't know. It was said that it was taken down because of advertising. So I guess Par2Pro is a paid sponsor, so his advertising is OK?

Lob Wedge 21actual is on a distinguished road
    He has the current tgc pricing correct, not sure why he'd come out with a random 400 number. Wasn't it going to be 250.00 for a yearly pass and that was pulled? I think pg has to have a lot lower price than tgc for one time purchase if the want to build up a user base. Is skytrak the only official pg hardware partner?

GC2 will never be official, by it's mean of integration not being blessed by the company.

Trackman I believe has blessed the integration, as well as Skytrak obviously.

Rumors are $250/yr. Might be a monthly option, might be a buy out option, and might be a pay per course option, I heard user created courses may be free, who knows. $400 for any buy option has never been mentioned by those in the know, that are on the forums. So I don't know how much I would believe this guy. Also he's comparign TGC full buy out at $1k, with $400 for PG (which would never be the full buy out price). He's not comparing apples to apples. Probably why Protee does not want that video on their site....which circles back to my complaint that it's not advertised as a Protee site.

Gap Wedge m3w is on a distinguished road
    Whether it's $400 outright purchase or $400 per year - neither would surprise me. Way back before PG was released on steam, they said the simulator version would cost exactly the same as the PC version. But if TGC is considering a $550 per year rental or $1,000 outright purchase - $400 outright purchase for TGC isn't too much of a stretch, considering they suggested the yearly rental would be less than half of TGCs yearly rental price.

I'm just crossing my fingers that the outright purchase price ends up being $400. At that price, it's a no-brainer.

Either way, if PG is way lower than TGC, TGC's price will drop. That would only make sense. Currently, TGC is the only next -gen graphic option for GC2, unless you include FSX, which I'm not cuz its a billion dollars. So hence why TGC can be sold for $1k, hell a year ago it was $2k.

4 Iron psgolfer is on a distinguished road
    Hey double_bogey, good to see you here. We've had some good discussions in the past. Cheers

Sand Wedge double_bogey is on a distinguished road double_bogey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psgolfer View Post
    Hey double_bogey, good to see you here. We've had some good discussions in the past. Cheers
    Glad to be here and we can continue our discussions here =)

Had to use double_bogey as someone else apparently took the doublebogey name...

Quote Originally Posted by goatbarn View Post
    Yeah I don't know. It was said that it was taken down because of advertising. So I guess Par2Pro is a paid sponsor, so his advertising is OK?
    Yeah but a bit extreme to ban the 2 guys no?

Quote Originally Posted by double_bogey View Post
    Yeah but a bit extreme to ban the 2 guys no?
    A little... But at least it sparked a bit of a renaissance for good ol' OttawaGolf.

Quote Originally Posted by m3w View Post
    A little... But at least it sparked a bit of a renaissance for good ol' OttawaGolf.
    Just curious - why Ottawa Golf? Is this like a golf forum specifically for Canadian golfers?

Just curious - why Ottawa Golf? Is this like a golf forum specifically for Canadian golfers?
    No, nothing like that. But this used to be the go-to place for golf sim information way back before the Protee forum changed names and became more popular.

Either way, if PG is way lower than TGC, TGC's price will drop. That would only make sense. Currently, TGC is the only next -gen graphic option for GC2, unless you include FSX, which I'm not cuz its a billion dollars. So hence why TGC can be sold for $1k, hell a year ago it was $2k.
    Yes, FSX is out of the questions. PG pricing isn't set yet. I'm hoping for 3 options. Monthly, yearly and outright. I don't think they will have an outright purchase.

That being said, even at $250/year, I'd be much more willing to go that route than a $1,000 initial.

Plus, what everyone seems to forget too, is that TGC won't run well on a stock CPU where PG WILL. So now add another $1,000 (go low ball).

TGC Total = $2,000 with new cpu
    PG= $250/year

Also, when TGC 2.0 comes out, who knows how much it will cost to get that?TGC is 'one cost' but not really, only this version.

I'm not an accountant but it seems pretty straight forward to me.
    Last edited by psgolfer; 02-12-2016 at 01:46 PM.

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Not that straightforward. PG has very limited courses currently, correct. How long before they get all the top name courses that people generally want to play? How long will it take to build up even a halfway decent course list? As we are continually reminded in this industry, nothing moves at even a snails pace. Even with TGC's inflated number of courses, they apparently have a very large number of the most popular courses at playable lengths available now. And they do appear to make updates more frequently than any of the others, PG/E6/FSX and even opti and P3. So if it is 250 a year, it may be years before some of the courses you want are actually available. Might not as well. Just don't think it's that cut and dry.

Yeah definitely not that cut and dry. Plus there is the fact that one will look "better" to you visually. To me, currently, TGC looks better to me.

Notice I didn't say more realistic. Others may think shadowing here, water reflections here...look more realistic. I'm not an artist. I've played both, and right now, I prefer the look of a well designed TGC course.

Quote Originally Posted by wbond View Post
    Not that straightforward. PG has very limited courses currently, correct. How long before they get all the top name courses that people generally want to play? How long will it take to build up even a halfway decent course list? As we are continually reminded in this industry, nothing moves at even a snails pace. Even with TGC's inflated number of courses, they apparently have a very large number of the most popular courses at playable lengths available now. And they do appear to make updates more frequently than any of the others, PG/E6/FSX and even opti and P3. So if it is 250 a year, it may be years before some of the courses you want are actually available. Might not as well. Just don't think it's that cut and dry.
    Just to muddle up the talk, PG also has many already created courses that haven't been released as well. See: http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic...gt-pg-courses/

Quote Originally Posted by wbond View Post
    So there are alot of courses coming out for Perfect Golf. I think at the end of the day, if you haven't committed to TGC then wait for PG to be in full release and then judge the golf course selection.

As for updates (being a current beta tester), there are lots of frequent updates. Try to be patient, see if you can get a try before you buy and then make your decision.

Just to muddle up the talk, PG also has many already created courses that haven't been released as well. See: http://www.perfectparallel.com/topic...gt-pg-courses/
    Note that most of the "not yet rated" or ones that aren't yet released are user created courses with multiple tee options. Most are sim friendly and very nice golf courses.

Also note, what you don't see are the PGA tour courses that PP has ready.......not sure when those will be released or how they will be released. LOTS of GREAT golf courses to be played.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    What I look for in a good sim is:

Multiple tees so anyone can play together from separate tee boxes.

A working mini map where you can click on to see yardage and uphill or down hill in feet or yards to your landing location. Not just the elevation at the green.

Use of elevation settings in a course to calculate ball carry at higher elevations if that course is set up at that elevation.

Click to aim anywhere on mini map or on course.

Real mapped courses to replicate the real courses.

Solid on line play with no delay, almost instant feedback and the exact same image to be seen at the same time.

Start on any hole or play only the holes you want to.

Pick pin locations to play as well as set your stimp for greens as well the fairway and green surface hardness.

PG has this, and even some more good ones coming.

If TGC could get these it would make it a lot better for them too and that would make some of the great user created courses they have that much better. TGC may have the edge on the course design ease of use but I have yet to see PG's and how easy or hard it is to use.
    Last edited by SFR; 02-13-2016 at 01:48 AM.

What I look for in a sim:

-accurate readings when I hit a ball

-the ability to play a variety of golf courses

-the ability to play in online tournaments

-a range with targets and feed back where I hit the ball and simulate real leaf shots. Club feedback would be nice.

-a cost that doesn't break the bank is nice

-the ability to create courses is nice

-good graphics

-the ability to buy something once and use it until I want to buy something else

-good courses to play in the winter and a place to hit balls year round

-room for others to be

Lob Wedge GambleGamble is on a distinguished road GambleGamble's Avatar
    Who would know better about golf sims than those who are under snow 5+ months a year?

I think that would be great. I want it to be clear here seeing as I can state facts without being banned (hopefully):

Luv2golf/psgolfer = same person - true statement

1. I am not a golf sim re-seller (I have a Home Theatre Company and we install golf sims - maybe 2 a year).
    2. I have NEVER tried to sell GC2's with PG TO ANYONE. I am a player and enjoy playing. That's it.
    3. I bashed Skytrak because of their slow progress. I had enough, so I share my experience.

Take everything you read with a grain of salt.
    luv2golf + Xanax = psgolfer ??

Just kidding. I am glad to see the nice side of you. Regardless of our banter, getting banned for posting a link is egregious. Like "Kim-Jong-Un-level" egregious.

Quote Originally Posted by GambleGamble View Post
    Who would know better about golf sims than those who are under snow 5+ months a year?

luv2golf + Xanax = psgolfer ??

Just kidding. I am glad to see the nice side of you. Regardless of our banter, getting banned for posting a link is egregious. Like "Kim-Jong-Un-level" egregious.
    Gamble, I have alot of knowledge regarding this industry and ya at times I can be harsh, but I NEVER....EVER have posted or commented anything to sway people one way or another. My views and experiences with skytrak are factual and I never trolled the forums as gsf admin posted.

I appreciate your comment and agreement that those of us who got banned should never of been banned for posting a link. But again, that's the right of the admin, it's not a right to be on these forums, it's a privilege.

I've tried to get a TGC demo, guess what, still waiting. I've been playing PG for over 2 months (come check it out when you get your GC2) for $20 it's worth it just for comparison reasons.

Be happy to play a round with you online........

Lob Wedge GambleGamble is on a distinguished road GambleGamble's Avatar
    Gamble, I have alot of knowledge regarding this industry and ya at times I can be harsh, but I NEVER....EVER have posted or commented anything to sway people one way or another. My views and experiences with skytrak are factual and I never trolled the forums as gsf admin posted.

I appreciate your comment and agreement that those of us who got banned should never of been banned for posting a link. But again, that's the right of the admin, it's not a right to be on these forums, it's a privilege.

I've tried to get a TGC demo, guess what, still waiting. I've been playing PG for over 2 months (come check it out when you get your GC2) for $20 it's worth it just for comparison reasons.

Be happy to play a round with you online........
    Although i generally am pretty sarcastic I really do appreciate your perspective, especially because it guides others to make an informed decision. I am going to check out PG when I get it too since you guys have praised it and $20 is a rounding error in regards to sim build costs.

I understand that the admins control the forum, but outside of acting like some of the actual trolls on gwrx there are very few people that should get banned from a forum.

We should get a few rounds on PG at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by m3w View Post
    No, nothing like that. But this used to be the go-to place for golf sim information way back before the Protee forum changed names and became more popular.
    Ok guys, so how do we make this forum more popular for sim users again? I'm sure the name "Ottawa" Golf cannot be helping...

We need more users to make this forum more useful for all and hopefully more open in being able to comment on various sim options as well as share useful links (I assume Ottawa Golf is not associated w any particular sim SW or platform right?) - and truth is I was also a little bit turned off by the ""Kim-Jong-Un-level" egregiousness of the other forum...

Quote Originally Posted by SFR View Post
    What I look for in a good sim is:

Multiple tees so anyone can play together from separate tee boxes.

A working mini map where you can click on to see yardage and uphill or down hill in feet or yards to your landing location. Not just the elevation at the green.

Use of elevation settings in a course to calculate ball carry at higher elevations if that course is set up at that elevation.

Click to aim anywhere on mini map or on course.

Real mapped courses to replicate the real courses.

Solid on line play with no delay, almost instant feedback and the exact same image to be seen at the same time.

Start on any hole or play only the holes you want to.

Pick pin locations to play as well as set your stimp for greens as well the fairway and green surface hardness.

PG has this, and even some more good ones coming.

If TGC could get these it would make it a lot better for them too and that would make some of the great user created courses they have that much better. TGC may have the edge on the course design ease of use but I have yet to see PG's and how easy or hard it is to use.
    I'm def leaning towards PG over TGC - to me playability (i.e., local multi-player using different tee boxes and all of the above mentioned) is much more important than fancy graphics requiring a supercomputer and 80k courses or even ability to design own course. Give me 20-30 good courses w good playability and I'm all good. The $250/year (or $400 outright as speculated) is also more attractive than the TGC price.

LOL, double bogey, Ottawa is the capital of our great country Canada (you know the one north of the USA!!).

I'll tell you though, it's great to see the support of non banned forum members. I'd like to start another thread for Perfect Golf seeing as that alot of these posts refer to that topic.

There was a topic but was deleted, guessing a some point forum rules were broken. Let's maybe let this thread fade away until someone else gets banned by "Kim-Jong-Un-level" egregiousness of the other forum.."

Thread Information