100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sand Wedge Chanman is on a distinguished road

Software question

Hi there, I have just purchased a gc2 and now am deciding which software to use with it ? It's sounding like the tgc software has the best simulation play and graphics but not the best for driving range , but for less then half price then the fsx software. I will charging my simulator out as a little business to help pay for it as well so the 80 000 courses that come with the tgc seem appealing to me tand as well as the tournament and multi player part of the software. But I am a little torn on the use of a third party software and if there will be problems associated with that? And as well are my customers going to be looking more for simulation play or more of the driving range and practice side of it? thanks guys appreciate your feed back

4 Iron psgolfer is on a distinguished road
    You should check out Perfect Golf, it's still in beta so it's only $20. Has a descent range and 13 courses.

Worth the $20

Edit: Sorry, didn't see you'll be charging it out......if that's the case, you won't be able to use PG Beta as is it's not for commercial use.
    Last edited by psgolfer; 02-11-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Using third party software in a commercial environment may be a challenge as it's ultimimately a work around. You'll likely spend a lot of time teaching people how to use it. Something designed for a commercial environment is more user friendly.

Ah I see , thanks for the replys, yeah that might not be a good thing , yeah pretty much have to charge this thing out to warrant me having one . Which software in your guys opinion has the best graphics?
    Thanks

Well you bought a GC2 so your options are FSX or really old FS1 for non 3rd party.

Really hey , what kind of problems can I expect if I were to go the way of third party? Thanks again, How are the graphics on the new fsx ?

Third party is perfect golf or the golf club game. They are both amazing but ultimately video games converted into simulator software. As such figuring out yardages to water Ect needs some instructions on how to do it. Both need Bluetooth.

have you tried the new FSX software? Any good?

I've tried it. It's great. It's pretty easy to find a place to demo I'd think.

Your other option is E6, I believe they are commercial friendly, not 100% sure. Try contacting Trugolf to see if that's an option.

As far as Graphics go, I've only played PG and they are GREAT!!! E6 graphics are sub par to both PG and TGC.

Yes I have heard of the E6 , I will try talking to them , so how much a round would you guys Charge or would you charge hourly? Thanks ,oh and what kinda hitting screen is the best? Looking for good image

Sand Wedge double_bogey is on a distinguished road double_bogey's Avatar
    My club (and most places I would think) charges hourly. FYI my club charges only ~US$12/hour (but I think that might be on the low end since it's a private club so fee is prob kinda subsidized).

And agree w others, would be very careful using 3rd party SW (esp if not authorized by Foresight) in a commercial environment - potential legal liabilities are just not worth it.

Good luck!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing , just wish those foresight fellas would be a bit more reasonable on there software price ! Yeah that sounds a bit low , was hoping to charge around the 25 dollar mark! Thanks

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by psgolfer View Post
    Your other option is E6, I believe they are commercial friendly, not 100% sure. Try contacting Trugolf to see if that's an option.

As far as Graphics go, I've only played PG and they are GREAT!!! E6 graphics are sub par to both PG and TGC.
    Duh! You've only played PG but know that E6 graphics are sub-par to PG and TCG. Doesn't sound like an informed opinion.

Did you know that there is a E6 demo that is available. It's the most mature sim software, especially when comparing to PG and TCG.

E6 is used by quite a few commercial and high end simulators and has a long track record.

Sand Wedge double_bogey is on a distinguished road double_bogey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    E6 is used by quite a few commercial and high end simulators and has a long track record.
    Yeah my club's sim bays use Trugolf E6.

Guys, this thread is about a GC2. E6 is not compatible. You need the Protee stuff to connect a gc2 to E6 and its not simple.

Par Dax is on a distinguished road
    I thought the only thing that the GC2 is compatible with is FSX, thus why only rule out only e6?

The GC2 will work with Perfect Golf or TGC seamlessly as well. That was discussed earlier in the thread. The only way to use E6 is with the TGC interface. The others were suggested against use in a commercial setting which is what the thread is about. Ergo, everything was ruled out except FSX.

Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    Guys, this thread is about a GC2. E6 is not compatible. You need the Protee stuff to connect a gc2 to E6 and its not simple.
    Thanks mthunt, I didn't know that you needed add ons for E6 with GC2.

Pitching Wedge Docpjk is on a distinguished road
    I have Fs1, FSX and TGC with my GC2. TGC has the best graphics and the most courses but takes a tiny bit longer to load and as a new user Once in awhile I have some trouble getting it started. I also have been getting much different yardages on my drives and long irons with TGC (For example GC2 unit screen tells me drive went 270 and It only goes 180 on TGC). I know once I tinker with TGC it will ultimately be the best but right now I just want to hit balls instead of messing around with settings. I currently use FS1 for driving range and for rounds I'm about 50% FS1 (have champions package) 40% FSX (only have Treton pines course and haven't upgraded to latest version) and 10% TGC. I somewhat new to this simulator stuff and what I am looking for is to pay someone to come to my house (Northville, Michigan) and tweak TGC for me!

I have noticed that the "misreads" are almost exclusively on low launch angle draws/hooks.

If you want to throw another wrinkle into your sim play, there's also Perfect Golf. Right now it's currently in Beta and the cost to play and participate is only $20. Yep Twenty bucks, not a typo.

As for your other questions, sorry, but I am not familiar with any of the foresight software or TGC.

Quote Originally Posted by Docpjk View Post
    I have Fs1, FSX and TGC with my GC2. TGC has the best graphics and the most courses but takes a tiny bit longer to load and as a new user Once in awhile I have some trouble getting it started. I also have been getting much different yardages on my drives and long irons with TGC (For example GC2 unit screen tells me drive went 270 and It only goes 180 on TGC). I know once I tinker with TGC it will ultimately be the best but right now I just want to hit balls instead of messing around with settings. I currently use FS1 for driving range and for rounds I'm about 50% FS1 (have champions package) 40% FSX (only have Treton pines course and haven't upgraded to latest version) and 10% TGC. I somewhat new to this simulator stuff and what I am looking for is to pay someone to come to my house (Northville, Michigan) and tweak TGC for me!
    Not sure that you need some one to tweak TGC. If you want to check the distances that TGC gives you go to one of its driving ranges. In courses enter 'edge' as the search term and then on the second page of results choose the accuracy range. When the range comes up press ESC and choose the 'auto-rewind' option and set it to 'enabled'. You can now use the range.

The range has no elevation changes and should give you a better indication of the distance that TGC calculates for your GC2 input.

I use TGC and for a while I also thought I was being penalized distance wise but I believe the difference is that when you play a course, TGC takes into account elevation changes and lie conditions which affect what you see on the screen. When I tested on the driving range I found my values pretty close to what they should be.

I have noticed that the "misreads" are almost exclusively on low launch angle draws/hooks.
    Whoops! Noticed this after replying to your first post.

This is a known issue which is being addressed in the latest update according to information I have read.

Lob Wedge 21actual is on a distinguished road
    Hi, I have fs1 as well. Since you have fsx what is it about fsx range/fitting that keeps you going back to fs1 for practice?

Probably just the familiarity with it as I've been using it awhile at golftec lessons. Maybe fsx can be tweaked but I like that fs1 gives me more information onscreen after each shot. Although I will say I do like the onscreen shot count with FSX

what would you say is the best software to run off poor quality Internet , it's quite slow, also best software for practice?

Thanks

Fs1 if you don't mind sacrificing a little on the graphics. I love "practice mode" and you can practice on range or a course and there is always a box on upper left that gives you stats for last shot, best shot, worst shot, and average. No internet needed (I think). I've given up on TGC. I know it is great graphics and tremendous course selection but it's ten clicks and two minutes just to get started and I'm just not smart or patient enough to tweak it to get my yardages right. Fs1 and FSX I'm hitting balls in 3 clicks and 30 seconds and it always works right off the bat.

I'm a newbie so take it for what it's worth. MtHunt's advice is worth more than mine.

Every software I know of runs off line somewhat. I assume you are looking at a GC2. Protee, FSX, FS1, E6 are totally offline. TGC runs some courses offline and will run off line. Right now, PG, which is in beta, as far as I know needs to be online as its steam.

Thread Information