CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Barnie

Cities w/ the most Golf Courses Per Capita??

According to this website there are more golf courses per capita in the Ottawa and surrounding area than anywhere else in North America other than Myrtle Beach. Does anyone know of the top ten or twenty areas in North America? Any info would be much appreciated and up-to-date stats is what I would need.

Major Poster EDSGOLF is on a distinguished road
    I Google'd it and could not find a "list" but North Dakota and Saskatchewan came up quite often ???
    http://www.EatDrinkSleepGolf.com
    Myrtle Beach Golf

6 Iron golfngord is on a distinguished road
    In the Early 80`s there was an article about the best public golf in the USA and the magazine stated that Chicago was the best atribiting the quantity and quality to the MOB.

I live in Kingston and our golf SUX. About 10 courses in 30 minutes but only 1 or 2 are worth anything.The only new course near by is Loyalist but it is short.6100 from the blues,6500 from the tips.When Smugglers glen opens it will at least offer another choice.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Minnesota

Utah?
    http://www.searchsaltlake.org/utahgolfcourses.htm

Sounds like golf club manufacturers. Longest and best driver on the market.

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    Dunno if this helps but its got some cool info. www.golf2020.com. This is an organization made up of small organizations working together to grow the game of golf. They have a goal of # of golfers by the year 2020 I don't remeber what it is. We talked about it a bunch at school (i took the PGM program at Humber) but I can't remeber. Anyway take a look if your interested in the game and its development into the future.... Cheers!

Hall of Fame Ginker is on a distinguished road Ginker's Avatar
    You also must be able to find a copy of participation surveys in Canada and the US, through the RCGA and USGA. I am sure there are links online somewhere. I have hard copies of all the RCGA stats if someone really wanted a copy. They are really interesting to look at. Shows how many rounds are played in Canada and by whom. The break golfers up into catagories. They even break down how much golf is played by househould with certain incomes... Anyway I am sure you could find these online somewhere, again if you really want them I have them somewhere.

7 Iron PinHigh is on a distinguished road PinHigh's Avatar

Thumbs up Its a per capita question

I think a few posters misread your question and think you want to know where they think the Best golf is. I think the next most populous "per-capita" area in Canada would be P.E.I. it is not a city per say.. maybe Charlottetowne... but it has a winter population of one hundred and eighty thousand people. And it has over 40 courses. It also has my personal favorite - the links at crow bush cove.

Pinhigh
    "Well, I got a lot of stuff on order. You know... credit trouble"

Barnie
    The Links of Crowbush Cove.. One of my favourites as well my man.. I was just thinking that Ottawa is such a hotbed for golf. So many courses to choose from which leads to some decent green fee prices.... comparatively speaking anyway! Does anyone know of any other areas like Ottawa in the states or Canada? Close to the same population size with tons of public courses to choose from? For Canada my guess would be perhaps Winnepeg but I don't know of the golf course situation there.. Calgary perhaps but I think a lot of the courses there are private, perhaps I'm wrong though. PEI like PinHigh suggested but the population is much less than Ottawa but I think the closest that Canada has to Ottawa. Anyway just curious. Thanks for all the replies and any more that come. Barnie

7 Iron HiG4s is on a distinguished road
    Minnesota, Utah, cities?

Not sure about cities, but the State with the most courses is Florida.

Here is the link to saskatchewan.
    http://www.saskgolfer.com/tourists.php

Or Rockford. http://www.rockfordparks.org/golf.html

Rockford received first place rankings in Golf Digest's Places to Play in 1998, 1999 and 2000, and also earned top ratings in 1998 when Golf Digest ranked Rockford as the best mid-sized city for golf, and 12th overall among 309 qualifying cities surveyed in the United States based on quality of courses, holes per capita, and affordable golf fees

It is like drivers. They all are the best.

http://www.mensfitness.com/rankings/282

Milwaukee has the lowest number of public basketball courts per capita of any city in our survey. It's second-lowest in tennis courts.

On the other hand, it has more public golf courses per capita than any city we surveyed.

Barnie
    Great thanks for all the info everyone.. Much appreciated that's for sure. Enjoy the weather this weekend.. Looks promising for some gizzolf!!

9 Iron scottymac is on a distinguished road scottymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Cantin
    Here is the link to saskatchewan.
    http://www.saskgolfer.com/tourists.php

I JUST GOT BACK FROM REGINA AND THEIR IS 1OO'S OF GOOD AND GREAT COURSES WITH IN 1 1/2 HOURS FROM THE CITY I THINK IT'S BETTER THAN OTTAWA!!!
    SCOTT

Thread Information