100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tournament idea

3 Wood Shortswing is on a distinguished road

Tournament idea

Hello

I am looking for tournament format that you played in at your home course and enjoyed!

I need new idea for members tournament for the upcoming season.

Thanks for your time

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    I've seen tournaments where players are only allowed to carry 5 or 6 clubs, plus a putter. Makes things interesting
    I like to call it a power fade

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Mixed tourney or 2 persons . . . 2 drives, use the best drive and alternate from there. Both could putt when on the green (or not)

3 persons tournament are fun
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
    Hello

I am looking for tournament format that you played in at your home course and enjoyed!

I need new idea for members tournament for the upcoming season.

Thanks for your time
    At Greensmere in October (near Halloween) we play one called Tombstone.

You get Par+your handicap # of strokes and play until you run out of strokes. You then place your personalized tombstone at that point. This could be anywhere from 16/17 if you play poorly to starting the course again. and make it to the second hole or more if you having a great round.

You really feel a lot of pressure when you're running out of strokes and haven't seen a tombstone yet, no one wants to die first!
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    At Greensmere in October (near Halloween) we play one called Tombstone.

You get Par+your handicap # of strokes and play until you run out of strokes. You then place your personalized tombstone at that point. This could be anywhere from 16/17 if you play poorly to starting the course again. and make it to the second hole or more if you having a great round.

You really feel a lot of pressure when you're running out of strokes and haven't seen a tombstone yet, no one wants to die first!
    Thats a real fun tournement Stevek. We used to play it at the Canadian. Had forgotten about it.

Putter Cartwright is on a distinguished road
    Growing up, my old home course would host a 4 player scramble for halloween, where there would be a plastic pumpkin on each tee, with tickets reading (Wood, 3iron, 4iron, 5iron, 6iron, 7iron, 8iron, 9iron, Wedge) Each person would draw a ticket (without replacing) and that is the only club they could use until on the green. Wood = any wood/metal in bag, Wedge = any wedge in bag. Even on collars, they must use their selected club. Putters allowed once on green. This made it really interesting, as that big driver could be taken away if they always pulled wedge, or the short game master was taken away when they always pulled 3iron. It was also funny watching greenside bunker shots with long irons.
    Now this was 16 years ago, so I'm not sure how you would work this tournament with all the different hybrids and such.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    We do a tombstone at Metcalfe as well. This tournament and the Ryder Cup weekend tournament seem to the most well-attended member events every year.

Thread Information