CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter wundej is on a distinguished road

Foil faced insulation and Doppler LMs

Hi everyone.
    Just picked up a used X2 that will be here in a few days. I'm going to be putting something dedicated together (probably a new room off the basement) in the spring but wanted to get something setup to test it out and hit some balls over the winter.

I'm in the process of finishing my basement and some of the walls have RMax Thermalsheath3 insulation on them. This is an aluminum foil faced, rigid foam insulation. http://www.rmax.com/products/wall-pr...hermasheath-3/
    I haven't dry walled yet so the insulation is exposed.

I think I know the answer, but how will this affect the radar? I'm going to be putting up a mesh tarp from Harbor Freight to hit into, so the foil will be covered by the tarp. http://m.harborfreight.com/12-ft-x-1...arp-60584.html

I know there are issues with metal garage doors but curious if anyone has run into this before? Once dry walled, this shouldn't be an issue, right?

Thanks all, really excited to see what this thing can do.

Sand Wedge Godfather68 is on a distinguished road
    I have something similar, in the UK it is called Cellotex, we bought it to go under the concrete slab on the floor, we had some left over and used it in the walls directly opposite the X2 Flightscope, circa 25 ft away, the rest of the room has normal glass fibre based product in the walls and ceilings. I have not had any issues with the X2 reading at all.

I tried it without covering, it read some shots but missed ~75%.
    I took some leftover plywood I had laying around and leaned it up there to cover it. Working really well now.

Now that spring is almost here I'm going to start figuring out what to to about a permanent area. The basement only has 8' ceilings so I can only hit up to an 8i punch.

Sand Wedge Godfather68 is on a distinguished road
    That is going to be tough, not just from a swing but from a ball hitting the ceiling point of view. I have circa 9"6 and have only had one friend clip ceiling with his driver. The bigger issue is with wedges and short irons the ball hitting ceiling before it hits screen, so giving lots of thought to your ceiling cover is going to be important.

Right, which is why I can only hit up to an 8i punch shot. I can make full swings w/ sand, gap, pw, 9i. Ceiling is floor joists w/ fiberglass insulation between them, I have the mesh tarp mentioned in the first post loosely hanging on the ceiling, draped over a steel cable and then hanging down for the impact net. Sometimes when I hit a high SW it will hit near the steel cable where the ceiling/vertical net meet. Not a major issue, but this is only temporary. We are building a patio this year and hope to pour footings and a slab for a room off the patio. We'll see how it goes. Wish I would have done 10' finished ceiling in this area because it would be perfect.

Thread Information