CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road

New ES16 is $4000 + . Did everyone think that range?

The ES16 Launch Monitor has been announced at $4000 for unit and $300 for software.
    Really interesting as this is directly compared to Skytrak.
    Is it work almost $2000 more? Did you think it would have cost that much? (they told us $2500)

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    I was hoping it would've been less more in the 3k range. There are now also other concerns with it, requiring club selection for every shot to supposedly help with camera images. No one really knows what the impact of that is going to be. Also, need to confirm chipping and putting still.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    The early rumours were club face and path and AOA but now it's looking like a lot less. Need to see it working first. If it's as accurate as a GC2 with some club tracking it's worth 4k. If it's another Skytrak its not.

Quote Originally Posted by wbond View Post
    Also, need to confirm chipping and putting still.
    That's not confirmed yet? The club selection thing is a let down. But they were telling everyone only a month ago it would be $2500. I even read $7000 is the official cost after February??(what's up with that?)

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Not sure where you saw $2500. Talk has been about $4000 for some time now. The discussion is somewhat moot as the cost is supposedly $4000.

Everyone was guessing and hoping for 2500. Ernest never said anything about price.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    Actually they did. I was told by someone very high up in Ernest Sports that it would be "...around 2500". Others were told the same.

So it was either bait and switch to create buzz or they now changed their minds about what the market will accept. If it is a gc2 killer then their pricing is probably fine. If not it seems overpriced.

5 Iron tonyd9366 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyClubs View Post
    Actually they did. I was told by someone very high up in Ernest Sports that it would be "...around 2500". Others were told the same.

So it was either bait and switch to create buzz or they now changed their minds about what the market will accept. If it is a gc2 killer then their pricing is probably fine. If not it seems overpriced.
    I have a quick question about this es16. If I have the protee set up does the ES16 replace the sensor pad of the protee?? In other words do I just hit off the mat and get rid of everything else the sensor pad and the vcam??? . etc... and does it come with its own software of can I use it with the protee interface and the TGC.??? Thanks. If so that would be nice upgrade for the future..

Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    Everyone was guessing and hoping for 2500. Ernest never said anything about price.
    Only about a month ago the higher ups in Ernest told me it might even be around $2000 without software! (He was kinda certain) I was shocked in a way to see such a dramatic price jump in that small period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyd9366 View Post
    I have a quick question about this es16. If I have the protee set up does the ES16 replace the sensor pad of the protee?? In other words do I just hit off the mat and get rid of everything else the sensor pad and the vcam??? . etc... and does it come with its own software of can I use it with the protee interface and the TGC.??? Thanks. If so that would be nice upgrade for the future..
    It's a launch monitor. You can hit off of any surface. It's all you need. No one knows how the software will be sold or connected.

5 Iron tonyd9366 is on a distinguished road
    Got it thanks..

Thread Information