+ Reply to Thread
    In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar

eQuinelle Management

Katharine Usher-Vollett is leaving eQuinelle and moving to Amberwood.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    saw that. Too bad - she was great to deal with and really knows what customer service is all about.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I,m pretty sure that was the very nice lady i talk to when i was at Equinelle. Your right Jeff, big loss for them.

Hybrid DaleLeo is on a distinguished road DaleLeo's Avatar
    Can't believe they let her go. She was unbelievable to customers.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    They did not let her go. TMSI will be managing Amberwood now and Katherine will be moving over there. She is still with the company and has been for many many years (as long as I can remember).
    Last edited by Kilroy; 01-08-2016 at 10:28 PM.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Hybrid DaleLeo is on a distinguished road DaleLeo's Avatar
    Glad to hear that, as she has to be a very valuable employee.

Ace Felix is on a distinguished road Felix's Avatar
    Who is taking over for Katherine ( she is a trooper and a people person )

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Thunderbird Management Services Inc. to manage the affairs of
    Amberwood Village Golf and Country Club in 2016

Thunderbird Management Services Inc. (TMSI) is pleased to announce, effective immediately, it has partnered with the Amberwood Village Golf and Country Club (AVGCC) to manage the entire golf operations for the 2016 season.

TMSI will be working with the Amberwood Board of Directors to develop and implement a strategic business plan to rejuvenate the golf, pool and tennis programs by bringing TMSI’s experience, expertise and proven formula for success to the beautiful nine-hole golf course, situated in the heart of Stittsville.

“We feel Amberwood has so much potential and we’re committed to putting the course back on the map,” explained Rob Knights, Vice President of Operations and Business Development at TMSI. “Amberwood is a scenic and challenging course, open to the public and provides golfers of all skill levels a great place to get in a quick nine holes of golf.”

While the perception of the golf industry is that it is struggling, TMSI has increased its presence in golf in the Ottawa area by 100% over the past 18 months and has seen steady growth at each of its facilities. Amberwood is a perfect addition to TMSI’s portfolio of courses.

“Amberwood has something to offer to everyone from golf, tennis and the pool to a great dining experience,” said Knights. “We will be changing the story at Amberwood as we have done at all the golf facilities we are involved with and are excited about the opportunity.”

TMSI is presently involved with the management of eQuinelle Golf Club, Perth Golf Course, Thunderbird Sports Centre, the Superdome at Ben Franklin Park, the Superdome Sports Centre, as well as the Tennis Centre West Ottawa.

The focal point of Amberwood Village, the Amberwood Golf and Country Club features a challenging layout for all skill levels, with water hazards on every hole, three tennis courts and a full-sized, outdoor, recreational pool.

“The AVGCC Board of Directors is pleased to be partnering with TMSI Sports Management to administer and manage the affairs of Amberwood Golf and Country Club in 2016,” said Ralph Milligan, President of the Amberwood Village Recreation Association, the group that owns the golf club. “We feel TMSI’s experience and expertise is exactly what the club needs to continue to improve our operations.”

Katharine Usher-Vollett, a 25-year employee of TMSI, will take on the position of full time, on-site General Manager for the club. Mrs. Usher-Vollett was the leader for TMSI at eQuinelle Golf Club in Kemptville since the club’s opening in 2009 and will bring her experience and expertise to Amberwood starting immediately.

“I’m looking forward to the challenge that Amberwood brings and I’m excited to be part of a great facility,” explained Mrs. Usher-Vollett.

Meanwhile, PGA of Canada professional Phil Rankin will take over as Director of Golf at eQuinelle, bringing his 23 years of experience in the golf industry to Ottawa’s premier golf facility. Rankin is familiar to the members and public players at eQuinelle, having been the teaching professional and involved in supporting member events and leagues since 2013.

Amberwood Village Golf and Country Club will be open for play once again in the spring, and will be featured at the Ottawa/Gatineau Golf Expo as part of the TMSI family (including the Superdome at Ben Franklin Park).

Ben Franklin Park
    613-829-3663
    191 Knoxdale Rd.
    Ottawa, ON K2G 3J1
    www.benfranklinpark.ca
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Par il-terrifico is on a distinguished road
    Katharine is awesome. Hopefully they are relying on her great personality to revive Amberwood, and then they will get her back to the big club where she belongs.

Thread Information