CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge Crow is on a distinguished road

ProTee?TruGolf?ParT? Getting a headache.

Decisions decisions decisions. With what's available out there I'm getting a headache trying to decide what would be the best model for my basement. I have 9 ft ceilings believe floor space I have is fine. Looking for something with great course selection (famous ones) great picture would be nice can't afford top end HD. Don't have much interest in what the clubs actually doing just want to play golf. Don't really want to spend more than $15,000

No showrooms near me to view or try different simulators (Kitchener ON) drove 2 & 1/2 hrs to check out ParT simulator at a country club.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Mark

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Protee, if you are somewhat handy. Once set up it's pretty well trouble free. The new software, TGC has courses galore and the number is only going to increase, plus it's sim features are are also being improved. Don't know what you mean by top end HD though.
    ProTee also has very good customer support.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    IMO, HD is over priced and not worth it. Same goes for AboutGolf. Trugolf technique is good value and easy to set up. The guy is in Montreal and you can test his stuff. Another option in your price range is the Forsight GC2. The guy is in Kitchener and has a show room. Protee is in Europe and requires a lot of self setting up which is ok for most. Tru and Protee have floor sensors and the GC2 is difficult for switching between left handed and right handed players.

Bottom line is this has been discussed to death here so read past posts.

Thanks, as for the HD. As I haven't had the chance to view any in person other than the ParT I assumed to get into HD I'd be looking at the ones starting at $40,000

Thanks, AJA and mthunt. 6hr + drive to Montreal wish something was closer may wait till golf show and hope there's a few there. As for Foresight in Kitchener with GC2 was told $15,000 would be a the low end of anything they do. Want something that's convenient for left and right handed golfers. Golf town had one of their GC2 units set up on blue tooth so it could be moved from side to side easily their quote for Foresight was $32,000

Will have a look at other posts but still appreciate advice anyone has to offer.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Read as much as you can Crow. Tonnes of info to help make your choice. Testing systems out will alo help. After reading ask specific questions that pertain to you needs. Mthunt and Aja have both given good advice. Those are high quotes for Foreight in my opinion. What were they quoting you get for 15-32k?

Thanks Bubba will do, the quote for $32,000 was from Golftown for the system they have in place at their stores.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Way to high a quote. You can source things yourself and save tonne of money. Pick mthunt's brains if you go GC2 way. Look at par2pro for some different things like impact screen etc. ProTee is a great option. It requires a bit of a setup. Truegolf is another good option. GC2 is good a well. I wouldn't recommend Par T.

A GC2 is $7000 USD give or take from the guy in Kitchener. He supplies golf town. Software is 1-4k. A mat is 300-600. A projector is 500-1000. A screen is 300-600. The rest will be 500-1000. To get to 32000, you'll be giving someone a lot of profit and paying for a lot of labour. Do it yourself and save.

Lastly, I believe you will like Protee, Trugolf or GC2. The others are designed for bars and sim centres. They are expensive and have been around longer than the ones I recommended. The recomened are really accurate and that's what matters.

Definitely want something that gives me a good idea of distance hit per club, good course selection as well as ease of use for left and right handed golfers as its half left and half right handed in my family.

If I can get everything in a package deal I'll probably go that way for the convenience of it and knowing that I will have everything I need.

Trugolf seems to be one that offers a good package other than the small number of courses you get. Still have to get down to Kitcheners Foresight distributor to see what he could do for me in my price range.

Did like the idea of not hitting off a sensor mat with the ParT model I tried, but the space it took up worried me along with the possibility of hitting sensor system on ceiling with a wedge shot.

Thanks again Bubba and mthunt

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Too bad I don't have a ProTee system to show you...I live just outside Kitchener. I have an older device from a manufacturer that went out of business (Golftek) and plan to replace it with ProTee if/when my system dies. The only reason I would go that route rather than GC2 is that I want right/left handed co-play supported. My and my two sons are both right handed but occasionally i'll have a couple left-handed friends over to play.

Quote Originally Posted by rdh View Post
    Too bad I don't have a ProTee system to show you...I live just outside Kitchener. I have an older device from a manufacturer that went out of business (Golftek) and plan to replace it with ProTee if/when my system dies. The only reason I would go that route rather than GC2 is that I want right/left handed co-play supported. My and my two sons are both right handed but occasionally i'll have a couple left-handed friends over to play.
    Do you use Golftek with TGC?

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    Yep - I had to write my own integration program for it since golftek is out of business, but protee was very helpful and supportive with that.

Cheers rdh it's looking more and more like I'll have to wait till spring golf show and hope there's some good simulator representation there.

Like yourself the convenience of playing left and right without having to change anything is a big plus.

Really surprised at the lack of representation for sales of simulators in Ontario. Hard to believe there's not someone in Toronto area with a showroom representing a number of them.

I don't think there is a showroom with different simulators anywhere in the world. It's a tiny tiny market.

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    Contact the rep for the respective companies (Foresight, HD, aboutGolf, Full Swing, etc) and he will set you up with a facility or private home that has their product to demo. The incentive for home owners to demo their sim is generally a free download of a golf course. Do not purchase until you have had demos on all of them. One would not buy a car without a test drive.

Surely looks that way mthunt. Thanks torreypines will try that suggestion, would rather see in private home over an indoor golf facility.

I live in Oakville if you want to try TGC/ Protee/ Perfect Golf with a GC2.

Thanks for the offer mthunt, maybe in the New Year I can arrange to. Can't see me doing the GC2 due to the expense of that unit alone but it would be nice to see the ProTee, your set up etc. I'll message you in the New Year and see when we can set something up that works for you.

Anytime

Have come across a 5 year old GOLFOTRON unit for sale 60+ courses. Any idea what it should be worth today and can they still be serviced or updated? Says's unit was $50,000 new. Haven't been able to find much info here, wasn't to impressed with there website, can't find any video footage either. Any insight would be appreciated. HAPPY NEW YEAR (did get an email off to Golfotron waiting on a response)

Gap Wedge m3w is on a distinguished road
    Considering you could have a rock solid GC2 simulator for $12,000-$15,000CAD, I wouldn't pay any more than that for a used Golfotron.

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    And you might want to see what the courses actually look like. The new sim offerrings have much nicer graphics that previous versions.

A while back I investigated purchasing a used Full Swing simulator. Decided to not go that route and have spent far less than the used price was to build my own using the ProTee sensor.

Tip off on the sim I was being offerred was that it ran on a Windows XP computer.

Technology prices and capabilities change pretty quickly, so buyer beware.

Thanks m3w and AJA probably going to have a look at it after I've called Golftron to see about servicing and updating possibilities. Will post results after I've seen it.

WOW haven't been able to find any news recent on Golfotron. Sent them 2 emails and left a voice message even sent a couple of emails to golfotron centres in Quebec to see if they're still in business and find out how the service and simulators have been for them. NOTHING really putting me off even going to see this used one

5 Iron tonyd9366 is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE=Crow;530286]Decisions decisions decisions. With what's available out there I'm getting a headache trying to decide what would be the best model for my basement. I have 9 ft ceilings believe floor space I have is fine. Looking for something with great course selection (famous ones) great picture would be nice can't afford top end HD. Don't have much interest in what the clubs actually doing just want to play golf. Don't really want to spend more than $15,000

No showrooms near me to view or try different simulators (Kitchener ON) drove 2 & 1/2 hrs to check out ParT simulator at a country club.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Mark[/QUOTE

Go with the protee those are my pics.. Both AJA and I have this and for what you want it works great.. hope this helps..
    Attached Images

Thanks Tony Golfotron sim was $6500 but quite dated so passed on it. Did include Enclosure and everything else but had not success in reaching Golfotron manufacturer so that was another reason I passed. If anyone wants to check it out themselves it's being sold on Kijjii hope this link gets you there http://www.kijiji.ca/v-golf/london/g...ationFlag=true London Ontario.

Have reached Golfotron and they've been quite helpful. Their new site should be up within the next few weeks. Can't believe how much information is out there, how many forums there are, reviews there are and on and on Bubba22, mthunt and zmax you guys are everywhere. Still leaning toward an overhead system if I can, the GC2 is very intriguing but how feasible is it for left and right handed play? TGC, PG both look great but St. Andrews is a must in any software, it's a Scottish think lol. Still no closer to making a final decision probably more confused with everything that's out there. From this site GC2 and ProTee seem to be the choice.

9 Iron kwass is on a distinguished road
    It might be worth buying the Golfotron just for the enclosure and projector and everything else. You could always add the GC2 to it later.

Keeping an eye on it kwass to see if it lowers in price. Don't really need the enclosure and it is 9' 3" high my ceiling is 9'. Wasn't that impressed with picture/graphics quality either. Not upgradeable either.

Thread Information