100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Iron tonyd9366 is on a distinguished road

Vcam settings and properties for the protee

I had a question on the settings for the vcam. I was getting wacky readings with the vcam. Hitting a 7 iron I was getting 54 degrees of launch and then the ball would dissappear and fall down to half the distance with a reading of 120 mph. Par 2 pro told me that the vcam was reading the club instead of the ball and told me to lower the brightness setting in the properties section of the vcam. So I moved the slider down to about 20. And moved the gain to around 7. Then I hit apply and closed out and saved everything in the interface and exited out completly. When I went back in to check the absolute mode and auto setting were checked on again and the settings I had before had changed. Is there a way to turn off the absolute mode permanently in order to keep the settings I want the same.??? Secondly, positioning of the vcam is a bit confusing. Protee tells me that 7 ft is the optimum distance from camera to ball, yet par 2 pro tells me that 4 to 7 ft is fine. In order for me to go to 7 ft I have to place the camera behind me and switch to reverse cam in the interface which I rather not do because then the camera is inharms way. I'd rather have the camera in front of me at 5 ft to get it out of harms way and sitting underneath my desktop.. which way is best as far as the position of the vcam, and will it work either way?? With the vcam behind me it was pretty accurate better than before, but if par 2 pro says at 5 ft then I should work the same right??? Well not so much.. behind me works a little better. In my sim room the only lights I use is the two overhead lights that came with the protee. Everything else is dark. . thanks any help or advise is appreciated..

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    ProTee is the manufacturer. I would listen to them. I have not touched my settings since ProTee made them right with a couple of remote sessions almost a year ago..
    Camera behind you is the way to go. It will work better - you said that yourself.
    Why do you say it is in harms way? It does come with a protective shell.

Thanks AJ.. I seem to have found the problem.. the horizontal line was not perfectly parallel to the floor when I had it set ip. I still have it in front of me at 5 ft and 1 ft to the left with the ball in the box set perfect and the readings are much better.. I put the brightness down to about 20. If I have anymore issues I'll do a remote with protee. I know the camera has a case.. what I meat by harms way is that me the camera sits in the middle of the room and my 2 year old plays out there and can knock it over or throw it around lol... so in front underneath my computer in front of me the camera is hidden.. thanks for your advise..

Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    ProTee is the manufacturer. I would listen to them. I have not touched my settings since ProTee made them right with a couple of remote sessions almost a year ago..
    Camera behind you is the way to go. It will work better - you said that yourself.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and thanks for all your sound advise... !!!

AJ. If your set up is like mine I assume you only use the lights that came with the protee.. Could you please send me a pic of your vcam settings in the interface?? I just want to check mine with yours to see if we are more or less the same.. I use both lights and have the putting one in front a little dimmer than the one for the sensor pad. Thanks appreciate it. Tony..

Hi Tony,
    I've always had problems understanding how to upload pics or docs to this site. Please PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a Word file that contains a PrtScrn image of my VCam settings.
    I suspect the problems you are having are due to where you are placing the VCam, in front, not behind as is recommended. Also, the darker the background the better.
    Yes, I only use the ProTee Halogen lights.

Aj, I put the camera behind me to 7 ft and just towards the screen about 6 inches to the left so the ball is right between my stance so there's no interference with my legs. The camera points towards the screen. Then I used the right exclusion slider to black out the screen and it worked well. You were right it does work better from behind. I just have to leave the camera behind. Small consession to make to make it work right.. The last thing is when I tee up fairway woods like my 3 and 5 the ball launches much higher than normal.. Any adjustments for that at all or do I just hit it without teeing it up. I get a much lower lauch reading when not teed up.. thanks AJ

AJ. Just an update for you.. I went into the ALT E settings of the interface and after re positioning the camera behind me to 7 ft perpendicular to the ball and 1 foot to the left, I changed the vcam setting from pt4 to pt1 which is the default setting and the sim works perfectly now. Correct launches on every shot. I was going to try pt5 because it says it's the preferred setting, however like the saying says if it isn't broke dont try to fix it.... so I'm going to leave it the same at pt1. Thanks for all your advise and now that I have it all dialed in, I look forward to playing with you online some day. Take care and have a safe and happy New Year. Regards... Tony

Nice to hear that you've got it working!
    Happy New Year! See you on-line!

Nice to hear that you've got it working!
    Happy New Year! See you on-line!
    AJ, when playing on the tgc. When putting which number do I pay attention to, the distance above the flag or the one below.. not quite sure which one is the correct one.. thanks. . Tony.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Pay attention to the distance/elevation that is under the "flag" symbol. The other one sometimes is close but I believe it shows what the aiming marker elevation/distance relative to your ball is, and those two don't line up most times. Another thing TGC sim should correct and just show the 1 correct distance/elevation.

Thanks goatbarn... I will it's a bit confusing.. but the TGC has great graphics. Def the next generation in sim technology..

Thread Information