CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Paulajewels is on a distinguished road

Need Help with DIY simulator enclosure

Hello,
    I am so glad I found this site. I really could use some help. My plans are to buy a P3proswing simulator this week from Par 2 pro. I ordered and just received my Golf Airmesh Impact Screen 9.8 ft x 11.4 ft (3 m x 3.5) from Khamp sports $119. I also went to Joann fabrics and bought on sale 2 rolls of thick black felt 6 ft x 30 ft long $60. My plans are to hang the Impact screen from our ceiling in our basement 18 inches from the wall. The impact screen will only be attached from the ceiling it will be free floating on the sides. Than I will attach to the ceiling 2 - 3/4 inch pipe, perpendicular from the Impact screen and slide 12 clip rings on each pipe. Than attach the felt to the clips so there will be 10 feet draping down on the right than 10ft across the top and 10 feet draping down on the left side. My questions are:

1. Is it okay that the impact screen isn't attached on the sides? I was going to Velcro the felt to the screen. I was hoping I don't have to build out a frame. Does anyone have any experience with not having a frame.

2. I've read that there should be something behind the impact screen. Can I hang a large comforter behind it, will that do? Trying to save money here for the big purchase.

Thank you

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Just buy archery netting to go behind. It's cheap and works great. IMO, not attaching on the side won't work. You'll need something to support the screen from the sides. Maybe build a pvc or metal frame.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Paula:
    I don't think it's a good idea to leave the bottom of the screen without support, so I agree with mthunt. Mthunt is also right about the archery netting, works quite well. There are also some golf netting options that would work as well. If the netting is setup right it will tend to support the sides, although the one setup like this I saw seemed to wrinkle a lot. I don't have this setup, but the issue seemed to be getting the right amount of bounce back and still have a good image. Hopefully, others with more experience with this type of setup will chime in.

In any case, I hope you like your P3proswing.

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    If you don't have any side support, i think you will see the net get pushed back quite a ways and as mentioned, you will more than likely have issues with lots of wrinkles/waves in the screen. If you are trying to stay on budget, pr20 from west coast netting is a pretty decent.

6 Iron Rickyg is on a distinguished road
    I have a impact screen that' is very thick I picked up in the stats and have it hanging on bungee cords for the side walls I used 2 painters tarps I also have a painters tarp hanging in the back of the screen and have no problems hitting golf balls into it or any problems with wrinkles my sides army attached to any thing

Putter Paulajewels is on a distinguished road
    Thanks everyone for your insights. I have an idea what I need to do. This is a great site.

Thread Information