+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Soup94 is on a distinguished road Soup94's Avatar

Best Courses in Ottawa/Gatineau

Hello all,

I am moving to the Ottawa/Gatineau area in April for work. I'm an avid golfer and enjoy competitive play, as well as good social play. I have done some research on the "top courses" in Ottawa/Gatineau but was curious to hear any and all advice. I'm looking for suggestions regarding the best clubs around this area, both course design and personnel/staff wise. Looking to make some new golf friendships in the meantime and join a challenging, yet gettable/fun course! Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Are you looking at private or public? Also, what's your budget?
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Thanks for the timely reply- I should have mentioned... Private or public honestly. I currently play out of a public course in Muskoka Ontario but usually play a few private clublink courses a year. So it doesn't really matter, as long the course is well maintained and the general vibes associated with staff and other members are good, I'm happy. I'm looking to spend no more than $800- $1700 a year. I will be 22 this upcoming year so I generally fall into the Intermediate category price wise! Thank you!

I haven't kept up with the membership rates at Clublink, but I think the higher end private clubs (Hunt, Royal Ottawa, Rideauview, Rivermead) will be out of your price range.

Greensmere is semi-private and is pretty good value for the $$$. Stonebridge, also semi-private now, has a pretty good intermediate package.

As far as public goes, tops in the city are Equinelle, Loch March, The Marshes (see I can be objective!).

I've spoke to the clublink sales rep and a membership at Club De Golf Hautes Plaines is $1300 annually which includes the initiation fee and Eagle Creek in Ottawa will cost me $1700 annually including the initiation fee. Overall pretty good. Thanks for the quick list! Where do you play out of? or best prefer to play?

I'm a member at Rideauview.

My favorite course in Ottawa is Eagle Creek but it's too far out of town for me to play there as a member and the combination of course and membership at Rideauview is hard to beat.

Hybrid TLB is on a distinguished road
    Another option you could look at is trying out one of the many associations here in Ottawa. At a very good price, you can sample dozens of courses your first year and decide from there ...

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    Pine View's Intermediate Membership is $1025 with no F&B minimum. We have 36 holes and also include a Corporate Golf/Golf-Select membership that allows you to play 70 courses in the Ottawa area at reduced rates.

We have 2 weekly match play leagues (Sunday & Thursday) as well as Men's night (Wednesday) and other fun events for members.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Thread Information