CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood petah is on a distinguished road

Projector question

I have recently setup a basement range with a CCE mat along with the vector pro. I am currently hitting into a net and displaying the path through a 32 LCD TV. I only have 7.5 foot ceiling space and won't be able to swing my driver or woods hence I have no intentions of setting up a full blown sim. Having said that, it would still be nice to be able to project the vRange screen and "feel" like I am hitting into a range. I have a lot of width and length, just no height. Would I still get a decent image if my screen is only going to be 7 feet high? What kind of projector should I be looking for?

Thanks.

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    You should be able to get a decent image, albeit only 7 feet high. Not sure what viewing ratio the VRange is set up for, but you can probably adjust the projector's image to suit.
    With your limited ceiling height you should look for a short throw projector which will end up being close to the screen and not cause shadows from the golfer.
    A great resource for projector selection is http://www.projectorcentral.com/projectors.cfm which is the Search by Feature page of this excellent web site.
    Choose short throw and 1080HD under resolution and then start playing with the numbers for screen size (in your case Height) and see what you come up with. It'll take some patience and some fiddling but it should be worth the effort.

3 Wood petah is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the suggestion. I did find projectorcentral but it required flash and the damn iPad doesn't run the site properly. I will try it on the pc to see what I can find. Thanks again

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, try it on a real computer...

Putter CintiGolfer is on a distinguished road
    I just purchased a Viewsonic PJD5353LS and am very happy with it. It is a short throw projector (.6) so I get a 7.5' tall picture with the projector only about 6' away from the screen.

Thread Information