CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut sabzor is on a distinguished road

Iron Shaft Fitting

Thinking about getting myself a new set of Titleist 716 CB/MBs and was looking to see what people suggest is the best option for getting fit for the right shaft. I'm currently playing KBS Tour V's in my Apex MBs and I'm not all that thrilled with them.

I'm mainly just looking to see what options are available through a fitter to determine what shaft is best for me. I'm thinking I'll sit in CTaper or PX but my issue is that Golf Town often doesn't have said shafts in a variety of flexes to try out, or are often limited in their available fitting carts.

Maybe GT is the best bet but I wanted to see if anyone had a recommendation of someone here who might have more options.

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Don Irving at Artisan Golf in Kanata has a simulator along with plenty of shafts, heads you can test out..he does club fittings, equipment checks, any adjustments, repairs, orders, etc..only thing with him is he'll be taking his annual 3 month trip away from the shop coming up very soon.

http://www.artisangolfco.com
    I like to call it a power fade

Out of Bounds shortdrive is on a distinguished road
    The fitting rep from Titleist does club fitting at the Golf Town stores. There is a schedule when he will be there. He has a variety of shafts with him.

Terry

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Nov. 28 is the next time Titleist will be at Golftown.

Golf Nut sabzor is on a distinguished road
    Awesome - Trainyards?

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by sabzor View Post
    Thinking about getting myself a new set of Titleist 716 CB/MBs and was looking to see what people suggest is the best option for getting fit for the right shaft. I'm currently playing KBS Tour V's in my Apex MBs and I'm not all that thrilled with them.

I'm mainly just looking to see what options are available through a fitter to determine what shaft is best for me. I'm thinking I'll sit in CTaper or PX but my issue is that Golf Town often doesn't have said shafts in a variety of flexes to try out, or are often limited in their available fitting carts.

Maybe GT is the best bet but I wanted to see if anyone had a recommendation of someone here who might have more options.

FYI. The good news is KBS shafts are designed to be tip trimmed to attain a frequency within a certain range based on the flex and weight of the model required.

Here is the bad news. This is only possible with parallel tip .370 shafts. For example, the C Taper R flex model can be set up to play anywhere from a 3.5 to a 5 witch is a wide span as far as frequencies are concerned.

The shaft can be tip trimmed from Softest (3.5) to Stiffest (5)

7i tipping is anywhere from 3'' (3.5) to 6" (5). A full 3 " !

You simply can't achieve this with taper tip shafts nor can an OEM super certified fitter of the month guy offer this this to you.

Good luck with your demo cart fitting.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I agree with downhillslider, I have been fitted by a "demo cart" OEM guy and it did not come close to the fitting that the I received from Les (downhillslider), there is no substitute for certified club fitter especially compared to a guy that is usually in his 20s given a crash course, puts in numbers and spits out the "recommendation" Don't buy off the rack without bringing your clubs to get checked and certainly get a real fitting with a real fitter for real results.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information