CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar

Visual Sports Simulator

I had the chance to spend some time with the folks a Visual Sports http://m.visualsportssys.com/?ref=ht...ortssys.com%2F.
    I thought it would be a good idea to get an update as to what they ar working on.

They have made some good advancements in the golf simulation world with some really nice technology advancements. They not only do golf simulation but also have various sports options such as baseball, hockey, soccer, football, cricket! Zombie dodgeball, carnival games and basketball. They really are concentrating on the golf at his point.

The unit traditionally was a 4 cam high speed ball measuring simulator. It traditionally would estimate spin based on ball characteristics including the bounce back from the screen. They originally used Red Chain software but now use E6. They now have added a fantastic club camera called the Swingtrack club. Let me tell you guys, this thing is amazing. It runs at 600 fps with a well lit area (about a 8 inch x 8 inch hitting area). No marking of the club needed. What you get is a very nice video of exactly what the club is doing. You can review in HD frame by frame of your exact club. You see club face angle, club path angle, face to path and club speed. You also clearly see how far behind the ball you hit. What is also seen but not measured (I discussed measuring this with them and highly suggest the start doing this) is the horizontal position the ball is hit on the club, ie. towards th heel or toe. This would be very helpful for practice, club fitters/teachers a well as calculating spin from a potential gear effect. Of ourselves this is more important with the driver/woods/hybrids than the irons. The system uses the club data (face to path) as well as ball data to help determine spin. The dont directly measure spin yet but the data they have s more than enough to very accurately determine spin. They are soon to add a second "spin camera" that will exist with the Swingtrack club camera that will solely focus on ball spin through logo/dimple measurement. They are also looking at a side camera that will look at angle of attack etc.
    You can add several cameras that will look at your swing in general from the side, behind or above. The technology is very nice.

From all the sims/launch monitors I have tried including th GC2 and HMT, Trackman, Flightscope etc. I will say that the visual of the golf shot before, at and after impact is best visualized with this system. It's simply awesome. As you all know I am a big fan of club data. To me knowing what happens at impact- coined "the birth of a golf shot"- by the folks at Visual Sports ( I am giving them credit hear as I love the phrase) is massively important and this unit visually gives you that look. I think that's better than just getting numbers of loses 2 degrees and insid out x degrees. If they add horizontal face contact ( can easily b done now) as well as a camera for angle of attack then it will be better than the Trackman.

The unit is $30,000 and up for the full fit. They do retrofitting as well. If you have a setup already or want to source your own computer, screen, mat etc then they will work with one to obviously reduce the cost.

If anyone has this unit I would love to hear your thoughts.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    I don't have the unit, but it sounds like the holy grail of golf simulation, Wow, great post.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    They tried to sell me one when it was released. Just the hardware is as much as a Trackman. It mounts to the ceiling and looks like a me it'll really do everything but it's pricy. The other sports are cool.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Yes it is pricey mthunt. You can reduce the cost somewhat by sourcing your own computer, mat, screen, enclosure, projector etc. They are open to working with one to make customers happy. They are using E6 but seem willing to allow TGC.

Thread Information