100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron Rickyg is on a distinguished road

help with P3 putting

set up my p3 after talking with support irons and driver work great putting is another matter takes 6 to 8 putts to put in the hole tried different putters tapping nothing I try to do works getting really frustrated can any one help also they said I can have gimme have the all in 1 software installed cant find the gimme setting does any one no where it is

Thank You

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    For the putter, the black tape on the bottom needs to be very flat black. As in all other clubs, the center of the reflective tape needs to be very close to the sweetspot and very closely aligned with the club face.

I assume you are playing a round. To get to gimmies, click play at the main screen, click customize at the next screen, then click custom play on the next screen if you want to play a round. Then click the course you want to play and then next on that screen, on this screen click the number of holes you want to play and click next, on this screen double click the players that are playing and then hit next, on this screen click the tees you want to play from and then click next, on this screen you can choose various course conditions including gimmie length and click next, on this screen you can choose time of play, weather and wind conditions, you can click save the conditions for this round and use these as defaults for your next rounds, then click play and start your round.

To make putting more realistic, you can experiment with the ball roll scalar and green roll scalar. To get there click options on the main screen, and then clicking game on the next screen. You will see the scalars. Setting of 2 and 5 respectively are common.

6 Iron Rickyg is on a distinguished road
    Thank you very much for the help I will try this during the week I also noticed that tapping the irons are better for playing I would like to try playing on line but not to much info on this when playing on line does every player gave the same default distances I have tweeked mine for my swing does this work on online play or do you revert back to the default values sorry for the ? Going to be knew at online
    Thank you for all the help you can give me there site is very vague on the online play

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    I have found all clubs must be taped and taped accurately to get accurate and consistent results.

For putting I might also suggest you try putting without a ball. This seems to work better for short putts.

Your club settings will transfer to on line play.

For on line play, I might suggest you try the daily competitions before setting up your own games. They have longest drive, closest to the pins and a par three they play every day. Great fun and gets one tuned up. I might also suggest you go to the forum and get to know folks that on there. There is not much activity as yet. I guess people are still playing outside. I know, I am since it was 70 degrees F here in Indy today.

I would play a round with you, but my simulator is packed away. P3pro has a good system and I am going to miss playing until I get it set up again.

Thread Information