Here is what I know so far after talking to the reps:
    Will Directly read:
    Ball Spin
    Spin Tilt Access
    Ball Speed
    Launch Angle
    Launch Direction
    Club Head Speed

Has 2 Cameras and 4 Doppler Radars. This is done because the ES14 had half as many and had to be tilt adjusted for difference ball launches. With 4 it will cover the entire LA spectrum as well as still the Club Head.

It is going to be integrated with The Golf Club Simulator for and additional price.
    And will cost tentatively $2500.

Will be demoed at the PGA Show coming soon.

Hope I provided some new info.

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Interesting. Let's hope they provide a little transparency on how such things are captured so that people can comfortably believe their claims.

Cuz, it wouldn't be the first time a sim hardware manufacturer "pumped up" the truth, or flat out lied.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    I have had the good fortune of being able to converse with higher folks at Ernest sports to help clarify some misunderstanding about the ES16. This will serve as a mini pre review. I am hoping to get a test unit in the near future and will give a formal hands on review at that time. The ES16 is the real deal here folks. Let's keep in mind that Ernest Sports have put out some top notch products and have a great track record.*

Hardware

The unit will have 4 dopplers and multiple cameras triggered by microphone and utilizing flash and Infrared to allow for high speed imaging. Yep, they are directly measuring a bunch of stuff. The Doppler will measure ball and club speed and aid in angle of attack and horizontal azimuth. The cameras will measure launch angle, spin, spin axis and horizontal azimuth as we as angle of attack. Smash factor will be determined obviously from this data. It's the best of both worlds. In fact they claim the horizontal azimuth will be more accurate than the traditional side mounted launch monitors because the Doppler will aid in its accuracy. Distance from the screen needed is only 6-8 feet. Data is calculated instantly so no delay.

Club selection is not needed but suggested in the range software for club grouping and gapping and also to allow for better camera timing. Club selection has nothing to do with spin measurement.

They are working on measuring club face angle and club path. I suspect that may be a future update either software or new hardware is, ES18 or ES20.

Software

The ES16 will have a nice driving range included that will allow for club fitting etc. They are also going to integrate with TGC for simulation. Chipping is working now and they are working on putting which will come.*

They will integrate with other devices such as the Swing Gurhu.

The launch date will be in the new year most likely at the PGA Merchandise Show. At present they are doing more formal testing with big name manufactures as well as in house testing against other products. Like I said, hope to be formally testing and review in he near future.

It will combine the best of Doppler and camera technology. It should work well for both clubfitters, teaching pros, home users and will act as a good launch monitor and simulation unit. This is the real deal her folks. It will provide some serious competition to Skytrak/GC2/Flightscope/Trackman.

Full review to come once I get a beta test unit.

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Yup! Still waiting for someone to develop a better Launch Monitor for $800-$1000. Not just one that reads ball and club speed.

It would be nice to have a lineup like this that covers multiple price points:

ES12 $200 Reads ball speed.

ES14 $500 Reads ball and club speed.

**ES-Whatever $900 Reads ball and club speed AND Another important measurement(spin, LA,)

ES16- $2500-$3000? Reads Everything

Something to fill in the gap. After testing out all the "budget" Launch Monitors ball and club speed are only useful if you had swung like the machine intended you to. De-lofting or hitting draws, fade or anything else throws the readings off way too much.
    If we had just one more parameter I'm sure it could help lots. And that is a huge gap between $500 to $2500.

Tonybrown32
    Quote Originally Posted by golfun View Post
    Yup! Still waiting for someone to develop a better Launch Monitor for $800-$1000. Not just one that reads ball and club speed.

It would be nice to have a lineup like this that covers multiple price points:

ES12 $200 Reads ball speed.

ES14 $500 Reads ball and club speed.

**ES-Whatever $900 Reads ball and club speed AND Another important measurement(spin, LA,)

ES16- $2500-$3000? Reads Everything

Something to fill in the gap. After testing out all the "budget" Launch Monitors ball and club speed are only useful if you had swung like the machine intended you to. De-lofting or hitting draws, fade or anything else throws the readings off way too much.
    If we had just one more parameter I'm sure it could help lots. And that is a huge gap between $500 to $2500.
    That would be pretty great... I think dopplers have gotten more inexpensive making club/ball speed measurement less costly. I think once you get into measuring spin/direction though, things get complicated and expensive. I doubt we will see a middle tier between measuring speed and measuring most everything. Once you can add in spin/LA to ball/club speed you have everything you need aside from club path... so maybe thats the seperation...

Ball speed only $200
    Ball/Club speed $500
    Ball/club speed/direction $900
    Ball/club speed / direction / Launch angle $1500-2000
    Ball/club/direction/LA/face angle $3000

Who knows... professionals and fitters can use all that data. I just want good range/compare software and ability to accurately measure ball speed, carry distance, and yards offline or sidespin. If I could just get those three things, under $1000 without some annual fee, I would be very excited, and have a very serviceable way to practice into a net. LA and face angle are nice upcharge items for professionals/fitters though..

Caddy golfun is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonybrown32 View Post
    Who knows... professionals and fitters can use all that data. I just want good range/compare software and ability to accurately measure ball speed, carry distance, and yards offline or sidespin.
    That's the thing, in order to know direction you we need to know horizontal travel and horizontal spin. Horizontal Travel wouldn't be enough because unlike LA(which is pre-calculated LA and Spin based on selected club in the ES14 and ES12) there is no way to do that with direction and spin. It all has to be read.

It will be interesting

Lob Wedge Lawyer is on a distinguished road

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Cool looking box. It'll be interesting how they launch. Hopefully it's priced right.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Anyone else get the email regarding the ES16. Looks like one can order it now, although it may be risky given no reviews yet.
    Phone number provided was 855-354-4653. I have not called.

Putter dk10438 is on a distinguished road
    newbie here and looking to build a garage practice range. Been looking at GC2's but price is stopping me. Skytrak is probably the most viable option because of pricing but reviews seem to be either hot or cold. spoke to ES today and the ES 16 is shipping soon. MSRP 5900 but pre order pricing 4300 until the day they ship. I'm a little hesitant to drop that kind of money on something that hasnt been released. Opinions??

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone even seen an ES16 work? Who would buy something without ever seeing it work?

Putter dk10438 is on a distinguished road
    yeah, you're right. at 4300 I'm better off buying a used known product like a GC2 (if one can be found at that price)

Putter kenny 1 is on a distinguished road
    I have the E16 trying to find a way to install golf courses TGC has anyone been able to make this work

Putter s42000 is on a distinguished road
    OMG Kenny!

Folks on another forum are having difficulty with this piece of gear. Wish you luck.

Thread Information