CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Today

3 Iron spuds is on a distinguished road spuds's Avatar

Today

Who was lucky enough to get out today,it was pure awesome weather.Might be the last day like this till spring.Kingsway was in nice condition and pretty busy

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    It was indead a great day to be out and playing.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Who was lucky enough to get out today,it was pure awesome weather.Might be the last day like this till spring.Kingsway was in nice condition and pretty busy
    Double digit temperature are the forecast for next week..Still some golf left. But darn I envy the people that can get out today. Perfect weather, no wind and blue sky..Saw many players on The Marshes today.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Seems a bunch of courses are wrapping it up this Sunday. I suppose you can't complain about golfing on November 1st, but still....

Some courses are just telling you to show up,first come first serve,no tee time reservations necessary...

I played at eQuinelle last week and despite it being a beautiful, fairly warm day they were backed up due to the 1-hour frost delay in the morning. It was a schmozzle and people were teeing off out of order since they were ready to go and those scheduled weren't, etc. I just want one.more.round...

Frost is common this time of year yet they still take tee times and thus the back ups,so how long did it take you to play 18

We were supposed to tee-off at ~2:05 and went out 10 minutes after that, following the group that was supposed to be the 2:14 group....go figure. The weather was nice so the course was a bit backed up with people so there was a bit of waiting at times - took about 4.5 hours and it was mighty chilly and quite dark as we walked off 18 around 6:40.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Today was quite challenging with high winds and my wife who was "speed" golfing. LOL.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Today was quite challenging with high winds and my wife who was "speed" golfing. LOL.
    you are crazy!

weather looks great mon-wed next week, so great equinelle is staying open an extra 3 days rather than close on sunday.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    you are crazy!

weather looks great mon-wed next week, so great equinelle is staying open an extra 3 days rather than close on sunday.
    Good news . Got to get out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    you are crazy!

You guys would have been proud of us. 2 half hours walking and carrying the Gatineau, !! Slept well. LOL. On a side note for anyone who plays the Gatineau, number 18 hole used to have a leaning cedar tree to the left of the traps that could come into play off the tee,its gone. The wind took care of it. Kudos to the Gatineau ground crew for chopping it up and getting it off the course in record time.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    You guys would have been proud of us. 2 half hours walking and carrying the Gatineau, !! Slept well. LOL. On a side note for anyone who plays the Gatineau, number 18 hole used to have a leaning cedar tree to the left of the traps that could come into play off the tee,its gone. The wind took care of it. Kudos to the Gatineau ground crew for chopping it up and getting it off the course in record time.
    it was not the wind that took it down but my drive,thank me

Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    it was not the wind that took it down but my drive,thank me
    LOL. Thanks Spuds

Thread Information