CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    England Golf Referee AAA is on a distinguished road

2016 Rules & Decisions

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I see the USGA is also coming out with some new rules. One that caught my eye is that you cant play solo anymore and register your handicp.
    Is this correct?

England Golf Referee AAA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I see the USGA is also coming out with some new rules. One that caught my eye is that you cant play solo anymore and register your handicp.
    Is this correct?
    The Rules my post refers to are the Rules of Golf jointly published by the R&A and USGA.
    You are referring to the rules of the USGA handicap system which nothing to do with the Rules of Golf.

But what you say about solo golf is correct. But only applies to the USA at the moment as far as I know. Others will have more knowledge of what is or isn't happening in Canada.
    Coincidentally, the UK handicapping authority has just issued some new rules.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AAA View Post
    The Rules my post refers to are the Rules of Golf jointly published by the R&A and USGA.
    You are referring to the rules of the USGA handicap system which nothing to do with the Rules of Golf.

But what you say about solo golf is correct. But only applies to the USA at the moment as far as I know. Others will have more knowledge of what is or isn't happening in Canada.
    Coincidentally, the UK handicapping authority has just issued some new rules.
    I had no idea that the handicap system was not regulated by the rules of golf.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Golf Canada has confirmed that the new USGA handicapping rules will NOT apply in Canada.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Happy to see anchoring the long putter finally prohibited.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    I dont think anchoring is a big issue. I have only met a handfull of good golfers who use a long putter and put really well. By the same token, i know way more who use old school putters ( Bullseye etc..) and put very well. You either are a great putter or mediocre. I know witch one i am.LOL.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    But can you anchor a short putter with a large belly? If I put on a few more pounds it might not just be the shirt touching the putter.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    But can you anchor a short putter with a large belly?
    No, you can't. We'll be watching you.

Lyle, will you be going to a shorter putter in the new year or are you going to use your long putter without anchering it"

Lyle, will you be going to a shorter putter in the new year or are you going to use your long putter without anchoring it"
    Actually, I never used a long putter, such as Adam Scott or David Hearn. Mine WAS about 38" long and the upper part rested against my inner forearm, the way Matt Kuchar putts, and so the butt of the club was never anchored.

Half way through this season I "saw the light" and began putting, using the same length putter but with a longer grip, with my hands separated by about 6". The result for me was more solid contact, and better consistency in keeping the ball on line, and I actually made a few more putts than normal. Since putting was never my strong suit, it was exciting to get to the putting green, knowing that I had a much better chance of making the putt. Never too late to change and improve.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    Actually, I never used a long putter, such as Adam Scott or David Hearn. Mine WAS about 38" long and the upper part rested against my inner forearm, the way Matt Kuchar putts, and so the butt of the club was never anchored.

Half way through this season I "saw the light" and began putting, using the same length putter but with a longer grip, with my hands separated by about 6". The result for me was more solid contact, and better consistency in keeping the ball on line, and I actually made a few more putts than normal. Since putting was never my strong suit, it was exciting to get to the putting green, knowing that I had a much better chance of making the putt. Never too late to change and improve.
    Putting was never your strong suit!!! Holy crap.I hate to think what you will be able to do with your new set-up. I was shure you used a long putter. Either way, you will be a strong contender on the greens as usual. Will look forward to getting up to Greensmere next season and play with you and Gerry.We always enjoy your company and the fine play.

Putting was never your strong suit!!! Holy crap.I hate to think what you will be able to do with your new set-up. I was shure you used a long putter. Either way, you will be a strong contender on the greens as usual. Will look forward to getting up to Greensmere next season and play with you and Gerry.We always enjoy your company and the fine play.
    Already looking forward to a game with you and my harshest critic. Does she still think I am a wimp? LOL

I forget, was it "whimp" or "woose" LOL.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    That would be 'wuss'.

You're welcome
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

That would be 'wuss'.

You're welcome
    I stand corrected Dan.

Thread Information