CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Golf Club

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road

The Golf Club

Trying to get more info on the real courses on TGC. I reviewed website TGCTours.com but this lists the courses for PC based, PlayStation,etc. Is there a list of all courses ( with categories real, us open courses, new etc) for simulator golf?
    Also is their a user manual available on line for TGC describing basic operations of playing TGC on simulator. Is it tedious to have to identify a specific club for every shot? Is the round fragmented on account on using the mouth frequently to make such changes, etc. On fence. There is strong argument to purchase based on graphics but trying to weigh this against ease of play, lack of different tees, difficult to know precise yardage, etc.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    One of the amazing things about TGC is the course creator. It's taken on a life of its own and there are these guys that are creating truly amazing courses. This leads to a problem in that with so much out there, you also get a lot of junk. Unfortunately, there is no classification. There's between 80-90,000 courses which is a lot to sift through. All can played on a sim. Some are really long. Some are really too hard. A lot, and I mean a lot are great.

I don't know of an actual manual yet but it's pretty easy. There's a user forum/ online manual posted on the other forum. As far as precise yardages, it's a sim. The yardage is there. There's no working mini map yet but there's a scout cam that gives you what you need. You don't need to use a mouse that often and only select clubs if you have floor sensors. Most people use a cordless mouse/ keyboard the size of a cell phone. They work great and are Bluetooth.

The only thing I can tell you for sure is, if I did it again, I wouldn't change a single thing. It's the least buyers regret I've ever had.

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for info. Thus the courses on TGCTours.com are specific for PC based/Xbox etc medium. Or are these courses also used for simulators but of course formatted differently for simulator unique function.

All of the courses can be played on any system.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    ProTee has started an online database of courses that are simulator-suitable. I'm helping to build the content. I just emailed ProTee to ask if they're ready to make this "live" so I can publish the address...will post back here when I hear back.

Alright...you can check out the course database that has been started at http://tgccloud.com/courses/GolfCourses_view.php. People can PM me with the names of courses they'd like added here. No firm criteria...but courses that are simulator-friendly are the intention.

Thanks RDH. This is an amazing resource.

Just to be clear, a sim user that owns TGC can play any of the 80,000 courses but someone has been nice enough to suggest these as sim friendly. "Sim Friendly" is subjective. I've played Augusta at 7400 yards and it's very playable for someone that can play a 7400 yard course but it would likely not be deemed "sim friendly".

Just my 2 cents.

Yep - definitely aware of that. Folks like yourself that are good enough (I hate you for it) to find 7,400 yard courses playable don't really need protee's database. You can probably just use sites like the HB forums and TGCTours.com to find really good courses to play. For the mere mortals among us, those sources really don't come up with anything that we would find very playable...for me personally, 6,500 yards is about my limit before the level of fun goes swiftly downhill...so a list geared for that was needed.

There's nothing saying we can't add longer courses to the database though...people can just filter however they want.

I know you're aware of it but I don't want people to think there are only 37 sim courses. That's it.

Thread Information