CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    6 Iron Rickyg is on a distinguished road

P3proswing spin software and adding a camera

Hi wanted to find out if anybody has purchased the spin software and added a camra and how much better is the set up and is the ball spin software worth the price at $199 or should you just set up a camra for launch angle and also what happens if you play on line and you play someone who does not have the ball spin and you do

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    The launch angle makes play much more realistic and more like real golf. There are issues with it, like missing launch angles even with a good setup. I have not found out why, but it is not bad and the misses to not impact play for the most part. Also, the tee height difference between a driver and an iron make the launch angle of one or the other not read correctly or not read.

To me, the spin is not accurate enough to make it worth while and useful. It seems some shots are reasonable, while others seem well off. I have not compared it with other simulators, so I don't have any data to back that up.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    The added cost for spin numbers is not worth it. These are calculated numbers and are only accurate if you hit a perfect shot. Without that added cost you still use the same ball flight when you play but you just don't get to see the estimated spin numbers. Still not sure why they picked this feature to add a cost to when it is only back calculated from club data.

6 Iron Rickyg is on a distinguished road
    And do you play on line and how do you like it and is the 92 course all you need

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    I've played quite a bit on line, but not recently mainly due moving. My P3pro is packed away and will be until the house is built. I think I've played close to 100 rounds on line. Great fun and the sight is well done. I only have 38 of the courses, but for the current pricing, I would suggest you get them all.

As golf simulators go, P3pro has a very low price point for what you get. I don't see how one could go wrong with this system unless you don't like club taping.

5 Iron tonyd9366 is on a distinguished road
    I had it and sold it. I hated the taping part of it.. I upgraded to the protee with TGC

Quote Originally Posted by tonyd9366 View Post
    I had it and sold it. I hated the taping part of it.. I upgraded to the protee with TGC
    Plus the grass top where you place the ball the hole was too big and the ball sunk down in like hitting out a divot every time which I'm sure effected the readings.

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    Ball spin is a waste of money. It makes no difference playing online against someone with or without ball spin. Playing online is pretty simple. I think if you can get the older unit that has the rubber base and then put on an aftermarket top, it's way better.

I tried that first. I had a divot action top and it ripped the turf off after a few uses. Then it cost 50 bucks to replace.. what a waste. I saw the protee sensor pad and it looks great. I get it next week and it looks a lot thicker and more durable and less busy that than the p3 retrofit top. So I'm sure to be pleased with it.

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    You need to get the jagman joe/slickthings cover for the p3.

Protee is a whole different setup with the base unit, cameras, overhead lighting and putting sensor if you go with that as well. Completely different price range, and as such a much better system.

Each step up in pricing generally gets you a much better system. The P3 is a good system for the price, but as with anything, you need to know what each systems capabilities are and it's limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by wbond View Post
    You need to get the jagman joe/slickthings cover for the p3.

Protee is a whole different setup with the base unit, cameras, overhead lighting and putting sensor if you go with that as well. Completely different price range, and as such a much better system.

Each step up in pricing generally gets you a much better system. The P3 is a good system for the price, but as with anything, you need to know what each systems capabilities are and it's limitations.
    I already sold my P3 and ordered the protee with TGC. I've been told the difference is night and day.. looking forward to setting it up. Thanks though foe the advise. I actually did check that website out. Pretty cool.

Thread Information