CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road

FSX software.......what is going on?

I have several courses and in general like them. I don't think the graphics are even close to the Golf Club, but the courses look nice. However, when I do a fly by they stutter or now show a black sky with a moon on the screen. I think I have the minimum requirements exceeded by a lot and only use my PC for this setup, nothing else. It is very frustrating especially when you sink so much money into the software. They haven't put out an update since May and I think they are preparing a patch in a couple of months with new courses and a new interface. Cash grab. I don't really care except I have been loyal to the FSX since the beginning and it is just one let down after another. Hopefully, they can work with me remotely and I can get an answer. I have heard that this slowdown and pop ups are not uncommon.

Just looking to see if others have heard why this happens! Thanks

5 Wood js1010 is on a distinguished road
    I have also seen the black sky and some weirdness with clouds while playing - not sure why. I have a i7 and a gtx680video card and it runs decent except for the sky issues. If you call support they might have you tweak some 3d settings in Ati or nvidia settings that might fix these issues. I dont really play the courses on fsx - just use the fitting software which works well. I do have tgc which is great for playing golf but lacks the range features that fsx has.

In the spring i was sort of impressed as they released fsx updates for a few months in a row - but as you stated nothing since may.

Curiuos if you have any more details as to what they are changing?

They are supposed to be adding 3D grass, sound!, and elevation? That is what I have been told. The last updated alluded to a whole new interface coming, but who knows when. Some of the courses that will eventually come out are Carnouiste, Scottsdale National, Cobble Beach, Innisbrook, Abu Dhabi, and Hazeltine from my questioning, but they have no set date. I wish they would update time of day, weather, camera angles, and the ability to play a ball from anywhere on the course. That's just a small list of what I would want. I am losing faith in FSX and think The Golf Club is the way to go as it is sold for just $995 now at Swingsense. They seem to update things faster and the list of courses is endless.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Consider TGC col forbin. Every GC2 owner that has TGC are very happy with that choice.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Where was $995 when I bought? Lol

Called support at Foresight. They told me that they have heard of the black background and ball or moon appearing in the sky. Their answer was no fix currently. I have to wait for the next patch, but they could not give me a release date. I have bought 18 courses from them, and their answer is wait for a patch at some point. Wonder if I can return the courses and get The Golf Club!

Pitching Wedge Docpjk is on a distinguished road
    I'm about done with FSX. Considering Protee tgc. Like my old foresight software better than the new.

So I bought TGC and I am a little disappointed. I know I need to spend more time with it and maybe I am doing it all wrong. It's a lot more complicated for a new user and I'm not a dummy. It takes a LONG time to load and get running and I have a hard time finding a course that I like or that is familiar to me. My yardages are not as consistent as they are with the FS1. Graphics are definitely better but I've got to figure out the tweaks to get it working optimally. Their support is amazing - they have logged onto my system 5 times already. I find myself playing my old software more and more.

Here's some pointers that will help:

TGC Manual

Putting view/ overhead view

After your pressed Q (SCOUT CAMERA):

- LEFT mouse click and mouse move to move forward/back/left/right.
    - RIGHT mouse click and mouse move to rotate left/right/up/down around target
    - W key to move forward
    - S key to move backward
    - A key to move left
    - D key to move right
    - V key moves the camera to the green <- this is handy! (only works when used AFTER the Q)

You can also use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in/out.

The V key without the Q will cycle through a couple of camera positions. Handy when on the green.

With these keys and mouse moves you will be able to explore the entire hole or course from every angle, height and/or position.

Display settings:

VSync ON -> This is important to show a smooth ball flight.
    Depth of field OFF -> This gives you a blurry view in the distance. You like it or you don't.
    Anti Aliasing ON -> This gives the best images. It will round the edges.
    Object Detail 1 -> This looks great. No need to set this higher. Number of triangles(like pixels) to render objects like benches.
    HQ Tree Count -> 1000 is more than enough HQ trees to show within your camera view.
    HQ Tree Distance -> 614 is good to make sure 500 yard holes have HQ Trees rendered at the back.

For courses Google TGC Tours. They review courses. Also, search for "Protee" in the course search text box. That'll bring up a lot of sim friendly courses.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me which software you use my experience has been the opposite of what you are saying. Some features are you slacking but they are not hard to work without

Thanks for some great tips. I spent a few hours today with it and feel a little better. I made a lot of rookie mistakes that frustrated me. I had the sub I use for the fs1 software connected and it was screwing things up. I took some time and read these forums and got things working much better. I'm still having delays and issues getting the gsx connected. I will tweak the settings later and see if it improves the graphics. I also can't figure out why a 270 yard drive on the gc2 will sometimes end up as a 150 yard drive on TGC. All other clubs are pretty close. Thabks for your help. QUOTE=mthunt;529874]Here's some pointers that will help:

TGC Manual

Putting view/ overhead view

After your pressed Q (SCOUT CAMERA):

- LEFT mouse click and mouse move to move forward/back/left/right.
    - RIGHT mouse click and mouse move to rotate left/right/up/down around target
    - W key to move forward
    - S key to move backward
    - A key to move left
    - D key to move right
    - V key moves the camera to the green <- this is handy! (only works when used AFTER the Q)

You can also use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in/out.

The V key without the Q will cycle through a couple of camera positions. Handy when on the green.

With these keys and mouse moves you will be able to explore the entire hole or course from every angle, height and/or position.

Display settings:

VSync ON -> This is important to show a smooth ball flight.
    Depth of field OFF -> This gives you a blurry view in the distance. You like it or you don't.
    Anti Aliasing ON -> This gives the best images. It will round the edges.
    Object Detail 1 -> This looks great. No need to set this higher. Number of triangles(like pixels) to render objects like benches.
    HQ Tree Count -> 1000 is more than enough HQ trees to show within your camera view.
    HQ Tree Distance -> 614 is good to make sure 500 yard holes have HQ Trees rendered at the back.

For courses Google TGC Tours. They review courses. Also, search for "Protee" in the course search text box. That'll bring up a lot of sim friendly courses.

Personally, it doesn't matter to me which software you use my experience has been the opposite of what you are saying. Some features are you slacking but they are not hard to work without[/QUOTE]

Another question. I'm used to never having to walk over to keyboard or use mouse in between holes. What is a good solution for this?

Go on eBay and buy a wireless keyboard/mouse. They are the size of an iPhone. Also, you don't need to adjust anything. The software suggests clubs and aiming. You only need to intervene if you want to aim, say, left and fade it.

I find my carry is within a couple of yards of the gc2 given even elevations. If you're seeing something different, post it. Ie, spin, carry, ball speed on both TGC and gc2. It's likely you have a set up issue. Also, what version of everything are you using?

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    On the course topic, there is a database at http://tgccloud.com/courses/GolfCourses_view.php that I've started to populate with simulator-friendly (and decent quality) courses. It's only a start.

There is definitely room for improvement on some of the little things like auto-advancing after each hole and the way shot analysis information is presented. I have different hardware and (with a programming background) wrote my own integration software that I have auto-advancing after each hole and doing some other things to improve the experience. Hopefully that will be added to TGC or the ProTee interface at some point.

Thread Information