CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter JoeyVB is on a distinguished road

Not happy with Optishot2

Hey guys.

So I finished my sim setup in my garage with projector and screen. We bought the optishot 2. Although the graphics are good and it is fun I wanted it for game improvement over the winter. I don't find it accurate for a left handed golfer at all. I had a friend over lastnight who hits under par and he had to really work at it for it to record him properly right handed.

So my question is this I want to upgrade to a more accurate system for both game improvement but as well to play rounds on during the winter. Can I get some recommendations please. I have been looking at the Protee 2.0 but heard it is not great neither. Any help or advice would be awesome.

Thanks again.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Who told you ProTee is not accurate? That is no true. Optishot is not accurate fo sure. Your options are ProTee, Skytrak, GC2, Flightscope etc. There is no right answer. You need to look at cost, setup etc.

Hey Bubba. So I have everything projector and all. I'd like to spend at at most 5-6k cdn. I am just looking for something we can enjoy but a sim that will help me practice and improve on. The opti I will have to adapt my swing to hit it straight or with light fade and then I'll go out next year and be in the woods. So I'm looking for opinions of a good all around sim. I really like the protee thus far it looks really good. And I want something that we don't have to move anything going from a left to right golfer in a game.

6 Iron Rickyg is on a distinguished road
    I have the p3 and for the cost find it very accurate al you have to do is foul around with the settings such as smash factor and launch angle it took me awhile but I have my clubs hitting the distance I do on the course

The P3 is ok but not nearly as accurate as the ProTee. Only issue with ProTee the setup is longer than say the Skytrak or GC2. Fo lefty and righty use the ProTee or the Flightscope ar your next best options. If you don mind moving the unit then the GC2 or Skytrak ar good option.

What would you recommend

For ease of setup I would say the GC2 and TGC. If you have many lefty and righties playing then the ProTee and TGC is a great option.

All my friends are right and my wife. But I am left. Iss there an option to get a second monitor so you could have both sides? What are the costs of the TGC and the GC2 can you recommend where the best deal will be gotten on those two systems? Thanks btw for your input I'm rather frustrated.

2 GC2's would be expensive. You can always try getting one an just moving it back an forth for lefty and righty.

Okay perfect. I may try that. Any recommendations where to purchase one? Can you get more golf courses for it?

Cory from Par2Pro. Pm mthunt on this forum for advice on GC2 and TGC.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    To me, if you can swing the cost, GC2 with HMT is the way to go. Great system.
    I've been a P3pro user for quite a while now. I agree with Rickyg above, the P3pro system is quite good and has to be in the equation from a cost,features and accuracy standpoint.

For a long time P3pro had their heads up their butts, but with Chuck at the helm, they are getting it together.

I have a friend with a Protee. We had a chance to compare the two. We of course could not swing on them at the same time, but could compare them from the standpoint of club data and simulated ball flight results on the same day at the same location. In this case, at his house. The p3pro system was a bit of a temporary setup, in partiqular for launch angle, but it was producing reasonable results, so, I think this was a fair comparison.

We sprayed the club heads of our drivers and 7 irons with DR Scholl's oderX foot powder. One can see just where the ball hits with this setup. My friend did not tape his clubs, he instead used my G20 driver and my Eye 2 7 iron on the P3pro.

From a club data standpoint, I/we had a hard time telling the difference between the two. Both seemed to be producing very accurate results. Of course, with the P3pro one must accuately tape ones clubs in order to get good results.

From a ball flight simulation standpoint, the Protee had a clear advantage. The launch angle measurements were more consistant. The Protee also appears to simulate shots like a pull cut better then the P3pro and distances were more accurate. Don't get me wrong, with the new ball flight simulation they are using the P3pro was not bad at all, but the Protee simulator's ball flight display was clearly more accuate.

Besides taping clubs, I have also found the P3pro simulator a bit frustrating for a new player, at least until they get their swing under control. With swings that are to much out to in or in to out, it will often not display results.

Good luck on your choice.

Thread Information