+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Falcon Ridge

Sand Wedge molson09 is on a distinguished road

Falcon Ridge

Just curious if anyone knows the current conditions of Falcon Ridge? Thanks

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by molson09
    Just curious if anyone knows the current conditions of Falcon Ridge? Thanks
    Well, I'm sure it has dried up some since last Saturday when I played. There's one hole - 3-4-5 I can't remember that shouldn't even be in play. I think that 100% of what used to be fairway is currently bulldozed and covered with earth. You end up playing to the left of the 150 markers down what used to be pretty thick rough.

Overall, I was pretty disappointed with the course. Major re-working of a hole - in my 20+ years of observation of reconstruction - usually would be done in the fall. But I might be wrong and maybe something catastrophic happened to that hole.

If it's dried up, I'd give it a 6.5/10.

My opinion of course!

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmason31
    Major re-working of a hole - in my 20+ years of observation of reconstruction - usually would be done in the fall. But I might be wrong and maybe something catastrophic happened to that hole.
    I believe that is the 4th hole and I think something catastrophic did happen to it.

When I was there a couple of weeks ago just after the mini-monsoon season we had, I asked them how the course was. They told me they had major flooding on the course and some of the holes were closed. If I remember correctly, you played 1 & 2 and then skipped over and played 9 to 18. Sounded to me like the large water hazard between the 4th and 8th holes overflowed. The large water hazard at Raceview was over its banks at that time as well, though the course was still very playable.

Too bad really. Raceview is in great shape and the 1st & 2nd holes at Falcon Ridge (the two that run alongside Raceview) looked to be equally as good.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    I believe that is the 4th hole and I think something catastrophic did happen to it.

When I was there a couple of weeks ago just after the mini-monsoon season we had, I asked them how the course was. They told me they had major flooding on the course and some of the holes were closed. If I remember correctly, you played 1 & 2 and then skipped over and played 9 to 18.
    Interesting insight.

I played 18 different holes and none of them were Raceview's. That was Sunday the 8th - just double checked my records for the year. Maybe they just re-opened the course as a whole that day? If so, I guess they recovered decently from major flooding and for it to be soggy and wet in many places would have been expected. If that's the case, I shouldn't be comparing Falcon Ridge to ANY of the 7 other courses I've played this year.

Well, I guess we'll give it another shot late in the season. If you're a regular there, or if someone else here is, could you post an update in mid-June?

Thanks!
    Mike

Thread Information