100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road

PROTEE EDGE Practice Ranges for TGC

I know people have complained about the limited practice options in TGC. Today I've published six new practice ranges to hopefully improve the situation. Here's a recap of the info I posted on the ProTee forum...

PROTEE EDGE RANGES

I've published a set of six practice ranges for the simulator edition of TGC. There are distance, accuracy and straightaway pin versions of the range in two different themes. These were a huge exercise in patience, laying down the lines and distance numbers board by board. After throwing around some ideas i settled on the "Edge" naming/branding.

ProTee Edge Distance Range
    ProTee Edge Accuracy Range
    ProTee Edge Pin Range
    ProTee Edge Distance Range - Autumn
    ProTee Edge Accuracy Range - Autumn
    ProTee Edge Pin Range - Autumn

I've attached a screenshot of the overall range, and then more zoomed-in screenshots of the three versions. I've also attached a screenshot that has labelled distances to the various practice greens for the Distance/Accuracy versions. For the "Pin Range" there are pins straight ahead set out at most of the "5" distances - i.e. 25, 45, 65, 85, 105, 115, 125, etc. To practice distances on the tens (50, 60, 70, 80, 90, etc.) use the Distance or Accuracy range and rotate your view to the appropriate green from the legend. The idea with all of these ranges is to stay on the first tee in auto rewind mode and hit from that center position.

The Accuracy Range has a line up the center to serve as a dispersion target. There are also yardage signs up the center to try to hit if you'd like, as well as diamond shaped targets at 25 yard increments.

The Distance Range has a cleaner center. No signs, no line up the middle, no diamond targets. Just yardage tick marks.

The Pin Range has, as stated above, a series of greens directly in front of the tee with pins starting at 25 yards and then in 20 yard increments up to 105 yards, then 10 yard increments after that. There are a few long-distance greens over 200 yards as well. The longest green is 245 yards i believe. If anyone complains that they needed a longer distance green than that, I have no pity for you. If you're able to hit greens 250+ yards away, you're good enough at golf and can be done with practice now...so move along.

Full Range Shot.jpg

Distance Range.jpg

Accuracy Range.jpg

Pin Range.jpg

Range Pin Distances.jpg

5 Iron tonyd9366 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks For Doing This. I just bought the protee with TGC and that was one of my concerns about the system. I'm setting it up next week.. I did not get the protee 2.0 software with it just the TGC in hopes that practice ranges and practice modes would be upgraded

To the software.. but Thanks the ranges look cool cant wait to try them out.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    TGC practice mode is basically what you get a range. You can hit shots over and over anywhere you like and see the number only after each shot. Some software will track all shots and let you export and get averages. Tgc will not.

Do you think TGC will have a software upgrade in the near future that will have an actual practice mode with stats and multiple tracers like other sim software??

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    It's on the list of future upgrades so yes. When? Don't know.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    It is definitely coming.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I don't have the inside scoop, but I don't expect it to be in the January update. The next update will be march/april...so fingers crossed for that. Maybe i'm wrong and it will be sooner (wishful thinking!).

Well that's good to know. That would be outstanding because then you'd have it all. Just gotta be patient and wait.. can't wait to get it going. I ordered it from par2pro and its in route. I'll send pics of the my new set up.. it's gonna be much better than my P3. And can't wait to start playing with you guys online..

Thread Information