CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron col forbin is on a distinguished road

The Golf Club with the GC2

I noticed that swingsense has the Golf club for $995.00 on their website. I contacted Foresight sports and they said that I would need to pay a $999.00 SDK fee to use third party software. I haven't heard of anybody who had the protee & golf club doing this.
    I'm just looking for more options because Foresight is a little slow in updating the FSX. I mean really slow!!
    Any info would be helpful

THanks

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Obviously Foresight wants you using their software. I suggest calling Protee for using their software and not foresight.

Swingesense emailed me back and said everything that was needed to connect with the GC2 is included with the Golf Club. I was in a roundabout way trying to see if Foresight was going to put a block on this in the future, but since they said you can pay a fee to use the software, my guess is they are well aware of people going to TGC and trying to get money out of people for doing it. It baffles me why they are trying to break into the software market since they cannot keep up with other companies in this area.

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    I am surprised to see TGC sold separately. Previously one needed to purchase the Protee software that included TGC. Are their currently mechanisms in place on Foresights end that prevents using TGC without the above mentioned licensing fee? Thanks.

Now that it seems it is available for $995.00. I have scene the graphics first hand, but on a simulator, does the avatar appear when you take a shot, or is it just a first person view like most simulators. I am assuming that wherever you hit into the screen, the ball takes off in the middle of the screen. Also, are there different camera angles for the ball flight. This information would be greatly appreciated. Any other feedback on The Golf Club options would be more than welcome!

Thanks!

No avatar. You see the ball. If you are playing someone online, you see an avatar when they hit. Camera angles have lots of options.

Thanks mthunt! That is exactly what I was looking for. FSX is very limited right now and the graphics look nowhere near as good as TGC.

Lob Wedge nicksez is on a distinguished road
    So if we buy just TGC without ProTee software will it work with the GC2?

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksez View Post
    So if we buy just TGC without ProTee software will it work with the GC2?
    Protee makes an interface that will let you play the older protee courses which are the same as what guys call the red chain courses (over 100 of them) and you can buy that package. It used to be that you needed to buy that package in order to get TGC but I think now they sell them separate. It used to cost $2000 to get both but now is cheaper and you can just get TGC on its own and the interface that lets you use a GC2.

It is not the same version you get when you buy the PC game or steam game of TGC. The sim version had to be made separate for things to work as a sim and they still release the updates for the sim as things change but usually a bit later to work out the bugs first.

Pitching Wedge Docpjk is on a distinguished road
    Will TGC work with 2 gc2s? I have left handed kids😔

TGC uses the Bluetooth on the gc2 so i don't think so. I suggest going to swingsense.com and asking them. They'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    TGC uses the Bluetooth on the gc2 so i don't think so. I suggest going to swingsense.com and asking them. They'll let you know.
    Thanks. I sent them an email

Quote Originally Posted by Docpjk View Post
    Will TGC work with 2 gc2s? I have left handed kids😔
    That is a good question but I think too that due to the Bluetooth they won't both work but let us know what you find out.

I also see you have both GC2-T and GC2. Is there any way to set up the GC2-T for left handed players and then as a right handed person take your stance with the GC2-T being somewhere close to your left foot. With the GC2 for irons and fairway woods, my foot wants to be right on the spot where the unit sits and have to alter my stance to make it work, which it can and it shows ball flight just fine but not good to alter your stance that much. It looks like the GC2-T has a different placement for the distance to the hitting zone and might let you straddle the unit.

Can you give some feedback on this?

I am not sure I know the GC-tee had a much smaller area of ball placement and my kids hated it. I didn't use it a ton but when I did I grew impatient with it. They were used to the gc2 and its on-screen directions as to where to place ball. They struggled with the GC-tee and I can confirm that it is not as user friendly as the GC2. Wasn't a huge issue and I'm sure over time we would have mastered it but I want my kids happy and hitting today! I emailed foresight and since it was new they allowed me to return it for a refurbished GC2. I was ecstatic that they bailed me out on what I consider a bad decision.

QUOTE=SFR;529317]That is a good question but I think too that due to the Bluetooth they won't both work but let us know what you find out.

I also see you have both GC2-T and GC2. Is there any way to set up the GC2-T for left handed players and then as a right handed person take your stance with the GC2-T being somewhere close to your left foot. With the GC2 for irons and fairway woods, my foot wants to be right on the spot where the unit sits and have to alter my stance to make it work, which it can and it shows ball flight just fine but not good to alter your stance that much. It looks like the GC2-T has a different placement for the distance to the hitting zone and might let you straddle the unit.

Can you give some feedback on this?[/QUOTE]

I was also told that TGC will not work with LH and RH units but I am not convinced that somebody cant figure out a way. I think I am going to buy it anyway.

Yes I Knew you couldn't use 2 units with TGC but was wondering instead of moving the unit back and forth, one can place it and just have the other person straddle or stand beside it to hit their shots. I will set mine up for a lefty but I am right so I am the one who stands beside, but the issue with the regular GC2 is that it sits right when I want to place my left foot. I need to alter my stance a bit. Works fine to pick up the shot shape this way.

I just wondered with the different placement of the ball with the T markers, that one may be able to take a better stance and not be altering your stance to do it. This would let left and right players play more easily together without moving the monitor.

You can stand behind it but may get too close it's short irons depending on placement.

Sand Wedge Scratch is on a distinguished road
    mthunt
    What version of FS1 software are you using TGC on your GC2? I am very interested in purchasing TGC and just want to make sure I have the correct software version. Thank you for your help.

Not sure what you mean. Firmware? I have the latest update as of two weeks ago. Fs1 and fsx are other foresight-owned playing options not related to TGC. But maybe I'm wrong - ?

FS1 is a sim software from Foresight. I don't have it. I'm using 3.5.1.1 firmware. I've tested 3.5, 3.7, 3.10 with myself and a pro. 3.5 is the closest to real in my opinion.

1 Iron FaultyClubs is on a distinguished road
    I'm using 3.10. How did it compares to 3.5? Thx.

It's very similarities not the same. 3.5 has a flash counter. 3.7 was really short on TGC vs the screen.

Thread Information