+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Bentley is on a distinguished road

Best Simulator for Game Improvement

I was looking at a GC2 with FSX software -but then I came upon TGC, which looks like better software. My question is whether one software package is better than the other for actual game improvement. Although I want to be able to "play" golf on the system (and TGC definitely looks better for that), my main purpose in buying a simulator is to really work on my swing - not to play a video game. Is one software package better suited to this purpose than the other - or perhaps there is a better one than TGC or FSX? I have an 8 handicap and want to get closer to scratch, so I want a system that will show me the data that matters so I can fine tune my swing.

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    As far as game improvement, the software is important for sure, but I think the important thing, for game improvement, is good feedback and appropriate ball flight. For game improvement, ball and club information is tough to beat. To me, GC2 with HMT is great. I have a P3proswing and even it, at its low price point, has club and ball data.(launch angle only)

I started out with a handicap similar to yours a few years ago. I've had to pinch myself of late because I now have a handicap of 1.2 and have been playing to scratch over the last few weeks. The P3pro system had a lot to do with that, although a good teaching pro is just as critical, if not a bit more. Protee seems to be a good choice as well.

I guess the point is, don't go with a system that only gives you one piece of the puzzle. That is ball or club data, but not both.

Good luck on your choice.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    In my opinion, both software products are awesome but the graphics and course selection on TGC are off the charts plus it's waaaaay less money. And there is the answer.

5 Iron tonyd9366 is on a distinguished road
    Get the protee vs the p3. Get it with the protee 2.0 software and TGC. The protee 2.0 software has two driving ranges a chipping range and a putting range with great data feedback to improve your game. And for playing both softwares are really good. Protee 2.0 has 100 courses to choose from and has Augusta as well. TGC has 70000 courses that have been made from the course designer that is built in to the software. Pretty cool and the graphics are sweet. Also there is no club taping with the protee which is one drawback to the p3. It is more expensive but it's well worth it. You def get what you pay for. The protee also comes with a vertical launch camera which gives you the correct launch of the ball. So you can practice high and low knock down shots which displays right on the screen. If you can afford it get the horizontal camera as well to add to your accuracy as well as the putting sensor for added accuracy to putting. AlL in all your looking at about 5500.00 for the protee 2.0 with TGC the two launch cams, putting sensor and the regular sensor mat plus the lighting system. Plus protee's online support is off the charts.. good luck

Thread Information