CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge Be-Com is on a distinguished road

Foam or almost golf balls

I have the P3Pro and need to buy a few more balls are the almost golf balls on ebay a suitable replacement for the foam balls that came with the unit...

Gap Wedge m3w is on a distinguished road
    Almost golf balls are better than the foam balls that came with the unit. But even better yet are Qolf balls. Yes, it's spelled correctly with a "Q". They are solid plastic, and give way more feedback than the foam balls. You can get them on Amazon.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Almost balls would work perfect for the P3pro as ball speed or spin of the ball has no effect on the club data that you use. I have a pile of new Almost balls I bought when I was using the P3pro but now use a GC2 and they don't work well with that. They are easy on a hitting screen also as well as other things you may hit with the odd miss hit.

They are more quiet compared to the more solid plastic balls like point5 balls. Only issue is after hitting any limited flight ball and then going and hitting a real ball, it feels like you hit a rock. So just don't practice with them right before you go play for real.

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    I find that the orange Callaway "Almost" balls are the best, but somewhat pricey. I tend to lose balls easily in my garage simulator, replacing them frequently. Cheaper "foam balls" vary dramatically in quality. I keep an eye out for good prices at local sports outlets. BUT - I examine them carefully for roundness and "solid feel" before purchasing. Also, I don't like the darkly colored balls, as they are harder to see in the simulator envt.

Lob Wedge cruz878 is on a distinguished road
    I'll add another vote for Almost Golf balls. I use them in my garage setup on an Optishot and have yet to damage anything. First I've heard of Qolf though so I may order a few just to try out.

Pitching Wedge Be-Com is on a distinguished road
    i picked some up they are working well better than what came with the unit...

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    I wonder how hard Qolf balls are on the screen. I use black out material with foam balls, the are easy on the screen material. Anybody have experience Qolf balls on a projector screen?

Gap Wedge m3w is on a distinguished road
    So far, so good! The fact that they're much lighter than real golf balls helps a lot. They're also better for your lower back. I find hitting foam balls causes too much over rotation.

Thread Information