CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Callaway HX HOT

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Callaway HX HOT

I found a box in the basement---hiding behind my Pinnacle Gold which I normally play. Pinnacle is a 2 pc ball---Callaway HX Hot is a 3 pc.

I figured I would give them a try. Now is this me or what ?? In 2 games (Casselview and Smiths Fall CC) never missed a drive--hit every fairway and the balls flew straight as an arrow. The one thing I noticed is that they felt harder when hitting them. Drives averaged 240 ( not too shabby for a 70 yr old ) I did find them a little harder on the iron use. Shot an 80 and an 83

Would this ball make that big a difference in my game---usually shoot around 87/88 but a 5 to 8 shot improvement with a different ball ?????

What is your opinion?

I have been looking on line for this ball but they seem to be only available through on-line orders---is it discontinued and what would be it's replacement ?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Par dlb is on a distinguished road dlb's Avatar
    HX Bite is a nice ball ( wait for a sale) ... softer and spins more. I just think you had a couple of good rounds ... the ball itself wouldn't make that much difference IMO ?! And btw - great scores for an "experienced" man like yourself !!! Keep it up Sir ....

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Thanks dlb---I agree--no need for the "sir"---makes me feel older
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Personally, as a B player (12 index), I find that the ball that best suits my game is the one that is working for me the best at the time. Although I know a lot about all of the technical 'gobblity goop' used to promote one ball over another, just because my Titlelist NXT Tour S ball works for me one week, my Taylormades may be the flavour of the day the next. Have fun with what you're hitting well at the time for at least that brief moment...the golf gods are smilin' upon you!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Consistently present bobbyc is on a distinguished road bobbyc's Avatar
    HX Hot was a great ball !! distance and feel in a 3pc. too bad it's gone now i have switched and prefer Titleist ProV1X in warmer weather and the 2 pc Titleist Velocity in cooler temps ..... like this time of year. I have found a few extra yards with Titleist. Another great 2pc is the Callaway Diablo.

Thread Information