100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road

ProTee and The Golf Club

Not looking to start a discussion here. I just wanted to post a testimonial for ProTee and how great they've been (Dennis especially) helping me get set up for The Golf Club. Some of you know I am on an older Golftek simulator and I wrote my own integration to the red chain software several years back. My hardware supplier went out of business so i'm on my own and I was looking to integrate with The Golf Club. I contacted ProTee about that, and I wanted to let people know how great they've been to work with. I needed them to make some changes to their interface to enable me to use it, and they've gone above and beyond what I needed. It's pretty amazing as their total market for this work is basically one install...just me and my Golftek.

So, kudos to ProTee for their amazing support and willingness to help out. If anyone is on the fence for a system or to add TGC to their existing setup, don't hold back!

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing rdh.

5 Iron tonyd9366 is on a distinguished road
    I'm thinking of getting the protee with TGC. Did they get any better practice options and when you hit the ball into the screen is the result instantaneous or is there a bit of a lag. Thanks

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Yes. Better practice options and no lag.

Quote Originally Posted by mthunt View Post
    Yes. Better practice options and no lag.
    So is there an actual range to use?? Or do you have to have to pick a hole and keep hitting from the same spot???

1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    There are several ranges that have just been made available. Only thing that's lacking, I believe are multiple tracers and shot averages.

I expect that with time, there will be more features added, but that is up to Protee / TGC.

There are multiple ranges. ProTee and TGC show no lag. Instant shot to show.

Thanks guys, and last two questions before I take the plunge... how much more acurate is the vertical launch camera from the sensor pad. And hows the putting on the regular sensor pad.. Hopefully it's better than the p3 proswing I used to have... Thanks again.

You are referring to the 2,995 USD plunge for the ProTee TGC sim right?

Not sure why you ask about the vertical launch camera since it's included in this package. The vertical launch camera is used to determine the launch angle. I'm not even sure that the sensor pad can provide this data on it's own.

On the subject of cameras, adding the horizontal camera will add to the accuracy. The one offerred on the Swingsense site is pricey. I found one elsewhere for much less.

Can't comment on the putting as I have the separate putting sensor.

The vertical launch camera is needed for better accuracy. Horizontal cam also helps. If you don't have the horizontal camera then the sensor pad can pick up horizontal azimuth but not vertical launch angle. The putting on the sensor pad is good but one needs to be careful not to block the light with your body. The putting sensor is better for that.

Ok thanks you guys. Yes the 2995 version does come with the light and the VLC. I just wanted to know how much better the accuracy was with the VLC working.. good to know these things before making the purchase. And as far as the putting, I tested my putting stance against where the sensor pad sits in relation to the light above it and I don't interfere with the sensor area so I should be fine with the putting.. not to say I may get the putting pad at a later date if I have the funds to do it. But trading up from the p3 which I sold last week, I should be very happy with the protee with TGC.. and my son is going to love the graphics of the TGC.. it is pretty amazing and sets a new benchmark for home simulators.. AJ and Bubba.. thanks a lot for your comments and advise.. Ottawa golf is a great forum especially for guys like me who are relative newcomers to the simulator market..

Enjoy your ProTee!

All those that have TGC should join in the tournament fun. Check it out in tournaments in the game software.

I just ordered the protee with TGC. Im getting it the first week of December. I had two questions. I have 20 ft of length and 10 ft of width. I have a right hand only set up. Does this require an off center set up ? Or standard? With my P3 I hit with a standard set up.. and second question was does TGC have multiple shot cameras when playing ie: fixed, ball cam, fixed ball cam, reverse ball cam... etc... thanks guys..

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Protee sensor will require the same space the p3 did.

Camera options in TGC are not as robust as others. But they have some options. They have options to jump to ball cam after it reaches peak height, or to not. A few others as well.

They do not offer reverse ball cam or a camera that zooms up to the ball flight after peak height like red chain did.

7 Wood wbond is on a distinguished road
    At 10' wide, i don't know how you can't be offset from the middle of the screen/room. Very upright swing maybe?

That's tight and offset for sure. TGC is coming out with offset in the next update.

[QUOTE=goatbarn;529641]Protee sensor will require the same space the p3 did.

Camera options in TGC are not as robust as others. But they have some options. They have options to jump to ball cam after it reaches peak height, or to not. A few others as well.

They do not offer reverse ball cam or a camera that zooms up to the ball flight after peak height like red chain did.[/QUOTE

Ok so it has a setting where I can just use the ball tracer all the way until it lands then?? That would be what I would prefer to see. Also how would I find the driving range?? Would I just type in driving range in the course search engine? Or does TGC have an actual option for it like the P3.?? I read that Protee had a contest for driving ranges wondering if they implemented some of those into the TGC. Thanks.

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE=tonyd9366;529675]
    Quote Originally Posted by goatbarn View Post
    Protee sensor will require the same space the p3 did.

They do not offer reverse ball cam or a camera that zooms up to the ball flight after peak height like red chain did.[/QUOTE

Ok so it has a setting where I can just use the ball tracer all the way until it lands then?? That would be what I would prefer to see. Also how would I find the driving range?? Would I just type in driving range in the course search engine? Or does TGC have an actual option for it like the P3.?? I read that Protee had a contest for driving ranges wondering if they implemented some of those into the TGC. Thanks.
    I created some ranges. Search for "ProTee Edge".

Ace goatbarn is on a distinguished road
    Yes and yes.

Search for Protee range. I think you can just favorite it too, to find it in a favorites list much quicker.

The "range" is just another "course" that is made in such a way to resemble a driving range. For all practicable purposes it is a driving range. But you find it by searching for it just like any other course.

TGC does not have a "practice" mode. Which you see in other established simulation specific softwares. TGC started as a video game and that's why this is. Imagine hitting shot after shot on a driving range on TGC the PS4 video game, there is no use for it. Hence, why it never was built in.

It may have a practice mode down the line, but I imagine thats a bit more heavy on coding than adding in the auto-rewind function, which is just automatically applying a mulligan after every shot.

Ok cool and thanks.. that works for me I just want a place to warm up and see some stats on the screen before I play a round of golf on it.. Or if I just want to hit some balls, see my ball flights and keep in shape.. If TGC makes a practice feature in the future for the software then it's just a bonus. Also read some threads on my set up and I never had my P3 set on an offset. It was always strait on. Even though I only have 10 ft of width on my single car side (3 car garage) nothing interferes with my swing . I took the rails off my garage door and my side panels of my frame are 5 ft long and swing out 30° so where I stand in relation to that the club never comes close to hitting anything. And it's a right handed set up only. Thanks for the inquires.. If it does need to be offset then I'll let everyone know when I finish the set up next week.. I'll also submit some pictures of my set up. Any advise is welcomed.. thanks again..

Your ball is 5 feet from the wall behind you and you can swing a driver? How tall are you?

No no.. my single car side is 20 ft long by 10 ft wide or 200 square ft... I have the ball right in the middle of that, 9 and a half ft from the impact screen and 9 and a half ft from my back wall. The sensor pad is located right in the middle of that 10 ft width and my side panels of my frame are 5 ft in length with the ability to swivel 30° outward if need be so there is no interference with the swing.. And my impact area is 8 by 10 ft. I have 9 ft ceilings.. it's a big garage.. 625 Sq ft all 3 bays.. I can have my two cars parked in the garage and still hit balls in the single car side where the sim is located.

I'm 6 ft tall btw..

Not offset means in the middle of the width.

Understood.. that's what I'm going to do since I have enough room..

Ok guys, I just installed the protee with tgc. Got the security key from protee for the interface. Now I'm waiting on the security key for the TGC. My questions are there a lot of settings in the interface. Do I start on all the defaults or is therela recommendation from any of you to put on to start? How do I know if the sensor pad is working properly ? Where do I find that ? And the vcam as well how can I find out if the computer recognized it and how to set it up properly. Unfortunately there is no written instructions that came with it only the pdf file user manual which is confusing at times and it's hard to find this stuff when You have to go back and forth from the manual to the interface to figure it out. I've had the system for 5 days and have not taken one swing on it yet.. thanks

Schedule an online with Protee. There are recommended a settings at the golf simulator forum.

Thanks. I'm a member there too. I'll check it out

Got my system up and running with the help of online support from protee and they were awesome. Couple of issues. The protee software 2.0 is great however sometimes I get a mis read that shows a very high club head speed then the ball dissappears for a few seconds then comes down and lands about half the distance. I have the launch camera connected right with the ball in the box however with the ball teed up the ball is above the box... could that be the issue or is it something else?? Also is there an easier setting for the TGC? Seems that's software is much tougher than the protee 2.0.. and is there a setting for gimmies?? The putting is tough.. and how do you save courses on your favorites? Be nice if it came with instructions. Thanks

Thread Information