+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    1 Iron AJA is on a distinguished road
    Hi Tony!
    Try getting more help from ProTee to iron out the "crazy" shots that you are seeing. I used to get those a lot until ProTee suggested some changes to my set-up. Tell them that this is happening and I'm sure they'll make some more adjustments to your set-up. I had to reposition my vertical launch camera.
    This won't guarantee that these types of shots won't happen again. I had one happen the other day, but I've probably hit 1000 shots since the last one. The high club head speed is a mis-read and a give-away that something odd has happened. Sometimes though it can result in 340 yard drives from the 130 mph clubhead speed.
    TGC is not really more difficult that the ProTee courses. It just takes getting used to. Check the settings - there's definitely options for gimees.
    I haven't warmed to the putting yet, but with time you'll get the hang of it.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Glad you are enjoying it. Not a problem if the ball is above the box in the driver. Check in settings for TGC. There's gimmees there. You can save courses as favorites with the thumbs up icon.

5 Iron tonyd9366 is on a distinguished road
    Thank You I'll Check It out And Contact Protee Support About The Issues With The Misreads And Higher Than Normal Club Head Speeds.. Thank Again And I'll Keep You Updated.

Aj, did protee tell you to position the camera 7 feet away?? I don't have that kind of room. I have the camera perpendicular to the ball then 1 foot to the left which is about 70 inches from where the ball is.. and that's a strech.. because of my width being only 10 and a half feet that's all I got pretty much unless I move the camera even more to the left.. what do you think?? Also par2pro told me that the camera needed to be to the left and between 4 to 7 ft away which I thought I had plenty of room. So I'm a little confused. I can't afford a skytrak.. so hopefully I can make this work.. thanks

Have a look at this http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...tor-dimensions
    It shows the camera on the right. Most users however place the camera on the left (if they are right-handed), which works out to behind them.
    The relative position of the camera in the drawing is pretty accurate. It also shows that the camera is pointed slightly forward toward the screen.
    I'm sure that you can make it work. If you have room to swing a club, you should have room enough for the camera as well.

http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...tor-dimensions

That is how I have the camera pointing towards the screen.. protee suggested putting the camera behind me and point it towards the screen as well and then change the settings in the interface to reverse shot. I'll try that and see. I do have more room if I have it behind me. It won't look as nice because the wires will be across the hitting area but if it reads better I may no choice but to do that.. but that set up you showed me is exactly what I have in my room just that the camera is not 7 ft away. It's about 70 inches max.. thanks aj..

[QUOTE=AJA;530091]Have a look at this http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...tor-dimensions
    It shows the camera on the right. Most users however place the camera on the left (if they are right-handed), which works out to behind them.
    The relative position of the camera in the drawing is pretty accurate. It also shows that the camera is pointed slightly forward toward the screen.
    I'm sure that you can make it work. If you have room to swing a club, you should have room enough for the camera as well.

http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...tor-dimensions[/QUOTE

Thank you for the advise.. what I did was I kept the camera in front of me but I moved it more to the left which gave me exactly 5 and a half feet from camera to ball then I just put the ball in the box and only used the lighting for the protee. It seemed to work much better. I did not try to put the camera behind me due to the fact that I measured the distance and it only gave me about 2 more inches. But where I positioned it worked fine. I realize that it is a simulator and that mis reads happen from time to time. Even 30k systems mis read as well hence foresight sims that a local indoor driving range uses here in town.. As far as the gimmies and save to favorites I figured that out as well which made TGC more enjoyable as well as setting up the game to play on an easier setting ie; driving set at normal instead of difficult. So much better thank you. One question I did have is when I'm practicing on the protee 2.0 the ball tracer line is pretty big.. any way to adjust it to make it smaller.?? And how do I clear the lines after each shot so I don't see multiple shot trails. ?? Thanks for your help AJ..

Quote Originally Posted by AJA View Post
    Have a look at this http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...tor-dimensions

http://csc.protee-united.com/entries...tor-dimensions
    This is my set up in case you were wondering..
    Attached Images

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Nice setup!

Glad things have worked out.

As far as adjusting the size of the tracers and clearing them, I don't know of any way to do that.

Thanks bubba, aj I saw pics of your set up it looks great.. love how you painted the walls.. and your computer station looks nice too. Great job.. looks like you built up your whole floor and just dropped in your sensor pad. Very nice.. btw.. protee told me that you cannot adjust the size of the tracers or get rid of the shot tracers unless you exit out of the system and go back in.. interesting because it's the same software program as the p3 and on that system you could do that. I mentioned to them to upgrade that in the next software update. Maybe they will. Time will tell..

Thanks for your praise. I kind of lucked into the space. it was a room that was used as a warehouse for my business. The floor was uneven, therfore had to be levelled and built up. The niches where the monitor and computer ended up were already there in the walls. It's an older masonry construction with very thick walls.
    Getting rid of the tracers means exiting the program which is cumbersome so I just keep hitting until some of them disappear on their own.
    That software is the old ProTee (or Red Chain) software and they, in all likelihood won't be updating it.

Aj what setting do you have the vcam set on.. ?? My garage is dark and I just use the two protee lights.. What would you recommend? And I not sure if the settings go back to default when I power off or not. Can I save the settings once I change them.?? Seems like every time I power off then power back on I get different readings. Thanks.

Wrong person to ask. I don't look at my settings now that ProTee is set up.

Ask ProTee: http://csc.protee-united.com/home

Lol... ok thanks. I'll set up a remote with protee.. I think I'll do the same.. seems the more you mess with it the more wacky it gets..

Loading courses to play on the TGC have been taking for ever as of late. Before it didn't do that now it is. Anybody else experience this??? Anyway to fix?

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Mines normal. Played today.

Ok, mine took at least 5 min to load magnolia national protee version.. annoying...

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    Are you hard wired to Internet or do you use a routet. What bandwidth is your connection, whether hard wired or wifi, performing at? If wifi your bandwidth could be "overcrowded" depending on the number of devices used.

Something is up with the servers I suspect because today it was difficult to even get into TGC and then to get to the courses.

I have a very fast connection so I know the problem is not local. It seems to be at ProTee's end.

I agree with AJ we talked about it on another forum.. Def a protee problem because my connection thru WI fi is strong full bars.. for me it connects to the sever quickly just when I want to play it takes forever..

Im a fixture here rdh is on a distinguished road
    I really wish they would add the ability to download courses to your local drive so you can then play them without delay even when the server/connection is sluggish.

I agree 100% because I have 1tb of space on my e drive on my computer that's virtualy empty. Couldn't agree more..

Thread Information