CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge faktor is on a distinguished road

GC2 and bluetooth TGC connection

What is at TGC delay between the stroke and the reactions computer? I'd like to buy TGC, but using bluetooth with GC2 has delayed uncomfortably long! Does anyone know if u ProTee not work on USB driver?

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    GC2 will only work with Protee/TGC on Bluetooth. On my system, I'd say the delay is somewhere between 1/2 a second and a second and a half. Is that too long? It's not noticeable.

The only time I ever noticed a longer delay was when the my Bluetooth dongle was too far away from my gc2.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    With a good computer setup there is basically no delay.

However I had once been playing without the power supply plugged in and just on the GC2 battery. All of a sudden during the round there became a major delay of 4 to 5 seconds for the shot to show. I realized it was the battery getting too low and as soon as I plugged the power back into the GC2, the delay went away.

So if your using your GC2 on battery, and if the battery voltage goes lower (I can't find the exact number but might be) than 7 you need to re charge or plug in the unit.

Just in case that was the issue.

Sand Wedge faktor is on a distinguished road
    It's a bit stupid that there was no agreement between ProTee and Foresight Sports. I sent an email to ProTee asking if ProTee Golf Simulator 2.0 supports GC2 and got no answer. I find it a bit risky to buy software without official support hardware. Does anyone of you have this configuration? I mean ProTee Golf Simulator 2.0 with GC2? What version of firmware for the GC2 using?

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    I am running the old foresight software with the range and 1 course as well as protee and TGC. As far as firmware, the newest 3.7.0.0 took away the ability to see the flash count and I did not like that so I still use 3.5.1.0. As far as I know there are no ball flight changes by using the latest firmware but more designed for the Kiosk setups and the new GC2T markers. I use an older GC2 that does not have the apple app ability which is not a big deal for me. If the FSX software down the road proved to be a better deal I would also look at that option.

If you want to search the other protee forum there is more info. Also right now I think I read that protee is closed for a bit while on holidays so that may be a reason for the slow response.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    I use Protee/TGC with firmware 3.5.1.0. I had the current one but switched because people said it worked better.

Faktor, to answer your question, it works great. Foresight sells a hardware device which has production and inventory and supply chain costs associated with it as well as software which has none of the above costs. In my business software is where everyone makes money. Foresight will never support Protee/TGC for one reason. They make more money with their own software. Foresight's device puts out numbers through Bluetooth and Protee captures those numbers. There may be legal battles. I don't know. What I do know is my Protee software captures the numbers from my GC2 and my TGC shows exactly the same thing on the screen that I see in real flight. I tested it outside extensively.

If you don't want to go the route of piecing this together, get FSX. It's more money, it has less than the 72000 courses on TGC and the graphics aren't as good. I tested it and the ball does go where it does outside.

Have fun.

Thread Information