CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pakenham

3 Iron spuds is on a distinguished road spuds's Avatar

Pakenham

I would like some input on this course,have never played it so any info is appreciated,thanks

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Course has 3 nines...all very challenging and unique in their own way. However, course has run into some financial difficulties recently and, as I understand, one or two of the nines may now be closed. Check the 'Summer Conditions' thread on this site for more info and definitely call ahead to verify no. of holes open. Sad...it used to be a lovely track.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    Course has 3 nines...all very challenging and unique in their own way. However, course has run into some financial difficulties recently and, as I understand, one or two of the nines may now be closed. Check the 'Summer Conditions' thread on this site for more info and definitely call ahead to verify no. of holes open. Sad...it used to be a lovely track.
    My thoughts exactly. I learned to play golf there. Always enjoyed playing there.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

8 Iron Nomoe is on a distinguished road Nomoe's Avatar
    Was there last Wednesday,they had ladies night on Canyon.18 being played on Lake-Island.Greens are far better than they were last year at this time...a step in the right direction but it`s not the course it used to be.
    Ping never misses...

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Played there last week - all nines are open, course was getting pretty dry but is in decent shape. Not great conditions, but far better than it was last year.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    I had heard a rumor last year that they did not have a head greenskeeper they hired kids to cut. Ever since TK left as the head pro the place has lost a step. There was also many past comments about too much focus on planting flowers the past couple of years and not using that time and effort on the greens and bunkers.
    I'd go back in a heartbeat if I started hearing and seeing positive posts. 'better than last year' won't get me there.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    We played this week & were quite satisfied with all the conditions. Pretty empty though. Two 3-somes of seniors walking and all done in 3.5 hours. Maybe only another 20 golfers there?

Beers were cold

Going back this afternoon. $20 after 3pm

Wannamaker brucestats is on a distinguished road brucestats's Avatar
    Played there today. Havent been for a while, but the conditions were fine. For $28, it was a good value. I was assured that there are no closures of any of the nines planned. I still find Pakenham one of the prettiest tracks in the region. The food was good too.
    My paycheck goes to my dogs.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brucestats View Post
    Played there today. Havent been for a while, but the conditions were fine. For $28, it was a good value. I was assured that there are no closures of any of the nines planned. I still find Pakenham one of the prettiest tracks in the region. The food was good too.
    This is good to hear...
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    just a heads up - Pakenham has recently punched their greens

Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    just a heads up - Pakenham has recently punched their greens
    Just to update - played Pakenham Sept 11th and the greens did not look like they had been recently punched. On another note, teed off a little before 4pm, made the turn at 5:30 pm, went into the clubhouse to grab a couple of beers and the bar was CLOSED! At 5:30 on a Friday night...yeesh

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    made my annual trek to Pakenham to see if the course is on the rebound ....greens were very good, fairways were in decent shape for the most part, rough was thick , tee boxes were shaggy at best some were brutal, traps are sub par. Still like the layout, played Lake / Canyon, but not the same calibre course it was 7-8 years ago.

Thread Information