CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Yes Rajah, my son was asked to tuck his shirt in also. They need to stay in tune with the young crowd after all that is the future.
    They have a dress code that very specifically says that shirts must be tucked in. They used to remind people of this when they checked in. If you don't like the rule, then don't play there.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    They have a dress code that very specifically says that shirts must be tucked in. They used to remind people of this when they checked in. If you don't like the rule, then don't play there.
    Understood, but anywhere else, its all good.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    After reading some of these posts I have to respectfully disagree with some of the comments directed to Outaouais..I am a member of EG and have played Outaouais many times the last few years and at least 6 times this year. I have personally not experienced anything but professional and courteous service from the pro shop staff right to the cart and restaurant staff. Granted the course may be suffering but this has not been evident in the service I experienced. I always look forward to playing there as the course is one of the best challenges in the region.

As for tucking in the golf shirts.....cmon guys, I don't think that this is the biggest issue....it is just common golf etiquette....if you were playing the Hunt or Rivermead would you complain if a marshall asked you to tuck in your shirt?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Try that at Clublink or any private course, tuck it in
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Try that at Clublink or any private course, tuck it in
    This reminds me of a Seinfeld episode .LOL Tuck or no tuck !!!

3 Iron spuds is on a distinguished road spuds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Arnprior was in financial trouble last year. Les Vieux Moulins is closing. Now Outaouais. It does make you wonder. There were a lot of courses built in the past 20 years during the economic boom. Perhaps there are too many.
    Played LVM Wednesday at noon,maybe 6 cars in the parking lot,with the hot weather lately the fairways were non existent but a 250 yd drive ended up 350 with the role,so I enjoyed it..

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    Why does a male golfer NEED to tuck in their shirt? Do women have to?
    This is just another reason why golf is a SNOB sport sometimes.
    If a course owner wants to stick to their guns and enforce a strict dress code and they end up losing customers I will have no sympathy for them. Business owners need to adapt when times are tough. Being stubborn will not work out in the long run.
    In my opinion, courses need to be private or public, they can't have an in between like Outaouais because SOME equity members will always have issues with public players and that attitude creates a negative vibe, like it or not.

If what someone else wears or how they wear it (tuck or no tuck) bothers you, then you are the one with issues.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I tuck my shirt in ONLY because it seems to pull my ponch in a little !!!!!!!
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    If a course owner wants to stick to their guns and enforce a strict dress code and they end up losing customers I will have no sympathy for them. Business owners need to adapt when times are tough. Being stubborn will not work out in the long run.
    In my opinion, courses need to be private or public, they can't have an in between like Outaouais because SOME equity members will always have issues with public players and that attitude creates a negative vibe, like it or not.

If what someone else wears or how they wear it (tuck or no tuck) bothers you, then you are the one with issues.
    But where do you draw the line? Is it OK for people to show up in flip flops, swim trunks, and a T-shirt full of holes?

Call it snobbery if you want, but the owner's / operators of the course can set the rules however they want. It's up to them to decide if they are losing money by relaxing the dress code or not.

FWIW, at Rideauview we actually allow shirts that are designed to not be tucked in to be worn that way.

@jvincent... I agree 100% that it is up to the owners and operators to set the rules... but like I said, if your rules cause you to lose business and cease operations, I have no sympathy for you...

And to use your example, if I was playing in the group ahead of you and was wearing flip flops, swim trunks and a tank top, would that bother you? And what if I was dressed like that playing to my 4 handicap? Now is it an issue for you?

I personally don't care what people wear.

However, there is a strong correlation to how people dress at the golf course and how they behave. Generally speaking if you are showing up in flip-flops and a ratty t-shirt you are also probably loud and obnoxious, not respecting the course (divots, bunkers, etc), and probably being disruptive to the other golfers. That I would have a problem with.

I'm not saying that properly dressed people don't behave that way as well, but you are more likely to see it in those that aren't and those people are going to drive others away from the course.

In all honesty I think the dress code thing goes too far today. It all boils down to respect for the sport---yep you can be sure that the flip flop guy will not be fixing divots etc and he should be told.........this may be profiling but the owners do have a bit of say in the direction of running their course.

This may come down to why there are private courses and non private but most businesses have signs saying what is proper to wear in their establishments. My .02

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    But where do you draw the line? Is it OK for people to show up in flip flops, swim trunks, and a T-shirt full of holes?

Call it snobbery if you want, but the owner's / operators of the course can set the rules however they want. It's up to them to decide if they are losing money by relaxing the dress code or not.

FWIW, at Rideauview we actually allow shirts that are designed to not be tucked in to be worn that way.
    I agree with you on tank tops flip flops etc... but dont you think that it would be o.k to play with your shirt not tucked in? Buckingham is a prime example of not having jeans,flip flops tank tops etc.. but do allow the shirt over pants. Bad etiquette is the one that bothers me. I think we are off topic so will get back to business of Outaouais and the financial situation.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    @jvincent... I agree 100% that it is up to the owners and operators to set the rules... but like I said, if your rules cause you to lose business and cease operations, I have no sympathy for you...

And to use your example, if I was playing in the group ahead of you and was wearing flip flops, swim trunks and a tank top, would that bother you? And what if I was dressed like that playing to my 4 handicap? Now is it an issue for you?
    the opposite is also true. some people join or play golf courses because they have a dress code, in that they prefer that people are properly attired to play the sport. there is a time and place for everything and yes, sometimes it can be taken to the extreme however the course owners make the rules. if they started allowing people to play in swim trunks and tank tops you can bet the management will hear about it from the members
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    100% agree, people that do not follow dress etiquette, are probably not the business you want. Picking garbage of the fairways, repairing divots and ball marks it all cost money.
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

My last comment on the clothing issue... Golf pants/shorts with a belt and a tucked in collared shirt is NOT the most comfortable attire for playing a sport... If it was, people would dress like that at the gym... How many of you have ever golfed in a pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt?
    It is actually very relaxing and I have played some great golf wearing a bathing suit, a t-shirt and my golf shoes!!! But I guess I probably offended someone...

Now back to the Outaouais issue... If dress code enforcement is costing them business, they may need to look at making changes to their policies... If prices are too high, they need to look at that... There are lots of factors but the reality is, I don't care how busy they get, I doubt the net profits generated in 10 years can equal the profits from the sale of the land to a developer...

3 Iron spuds is on a distinguished road spuds's Avatar

I always like to look presentable playing golf and the shirt is tucked in.Some guys cannot tuck it in because of the beer gut.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    To tuck or not to tuck:

Attachment 50468Attachment 50469
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    In five years time some golf courses locally will be so desperate for business that you will be able to wear whatever you want. On an aside, I don't tuck my shirt in because I have to, I do it because I want to. I haven't played a public course since smugglers glen three years ago, but understand the balance a semi private must strike when trying to appease both members and fee players.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    The exact same is true for some rich people who think maintaining the course is beneath them.

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    I played Outaouais Sunday Aug 9th, (shirt tuck) the course was very busy and conditions were awesome, not a flaw to be found, tee boxes in very good shape, fairways impeccable and greens rolling perfect at 10 to 12, I think everybody should tuck their shirt and go and play some nice course.HarveyTomBen.jpg
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I agree Guzman, anyone who disagrees can go tuck themselves
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I agree Guzman, anyone who disagrees can go tuck themselves
    Lol , Awesome
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Lol , Awesome
    Make that 2 LOL. Luc, you always know how to brighten our day.

Love it---hope no one speaks with a lispt !!!

Making Cuts habsfan is on a distinguished road habsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzman View Post
    I played Outaouais Sunday Aug 9th, (shirt tuck) the course was very busy and conditions were awesome, not a flaw to be found, tee boxes in very good shape, fairways impeccable and greens rolling perfect at 10 to 12, I think everybody should tuck their shirt and go and play some nice course.Attachment 50505
    No offence but I highly doubt they were at 12 I've played 13 in Toronto and have never seen anything close in the Ottawa area.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played it on Saturday.....maybe not 12..closer to 10 ish ...in any case the greens were absolutely amazing.

3 Wood fairway2k is on a distinguished road
    He had outer wear on in the first pic over his tucked in shirt... lol...but I see your point

Putter Persanyu is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I agree with you on tank tops flip flops etc... but dont you think that it would be o.k to play with your shirt not tucked in? Buckingham is a prime example of not having jeans,flip flops tank tops etc.. but do allow the shirt over pants. Bad etiquette is the one that bothers me. I think we are off topic so will get back to business of Outaouais and the financial situation.
    I agree with you.

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar
    Any word on what the new year holds for Outouais?
    Someone must have heard this seasons plans.

Thread Information