100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pineview

Gap Wedge KoryB33 is on a distinguished road

Question Pineview

Has anyone played Pineview lately? I am wondering how good of shape the course is in. I am interested in the Championship Course.

Thanks

Pitching Wedge EWhelan is on a distinguished road EWhelan's Avatar
    Playing there this Friday, I'll let you know.

Gap Wedge KoryB33 is on a distinguished road
    I went yesterday, greens are not in good shape. The fairways are thin in some spots - in particular the par 5 fifth hole.

Hopefully the greens grow in.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Played today in was not in good shape at all. The greens have very little grass and your ball jumps all over the place. Most of the tee boxes were shaggy and had holes and the fairways were in pretty bad shape as well. Hopefully they will be able to get everything up soon because it is getting close to when courses should be making there turn around from the winter. My biggest complaint was that we had a grounds keeper following us the entire round cutting the fairways and the greens. If this was first thing in the morning I would understand but it was noon and we still had to either wait for him to finish cutting or he would wait with the lawn mower idling. This was not for 1 or 2 holes but for almost the entire round, I think we lost him on th 15th! Was not a good experince. Maintenance should be done first thing in the morning or late at night, I have played some early birds where you have this but this was prime time and there is no excuse.
    Denny

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I know most courses do cut the greens first thing in the morning before most golfers get started but this morning the temp. was -1 and there was frost so they can't get out until the frost has gone. We teed off at our course at 9am and they were cutting the 2nd hole when we got there and I saw them on 11 when we were on 17. Believe me it is more frustrating for them cutting than us playing as they have to wait every hole and we only had them there for two holes. Be patient when there is this stupid cold weather. Also golf courses have way too much grass to cut to be able to get it all done when noone is on the course.

Pitching Wedge EWhelan is on a distinguished road EWhelan's Avatar
    Like dbleber I played the exec course today and the greens were like bedrock. I don't mind that - in golf you have to adjust to the conditions, land the ball short 10 yard and let it releaae to the hole. But when I play on this course this morning it was like we, the paying golfers, were in the way of the maintenance crews.

Thread Information