CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    8 Iron waughar is on a distinguished road

Anyone ever used Golfavenue.com to purchase clubs

I have been trolling looking for some items to come up but nothing has surfaced(makes me think they must be good) and I noticed someone suggested golfavenue.com to people in the WTB category.

Has anyone ever used it to purchase clubs? Overall how satisfied were you with what you got and what you paid?

Any insights would be appreciated,

Cheers

Gap Wedge justdoeit is on a distinguished road
    I just picked up a small iron set from them. Brand new, awesome discount. Ordered Canada Day and swinging them on the 3rd. Definitely recommend

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Is it just me or do these prices look a bit too good to be true??? (The website is .ca not .com)

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    They're legit. I've used them too. Love how we have a Canadian site to use now. Very fast shipping to Ottawa. Item comes in 2 days.
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

2 Iron Hooterguy is on a distinguished road
    Prices are good, phenomenal selection (website has lots of LH) and they run a good business. I've been to the old warehouse, and they take pride in accurate club description. Worth a shot.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    The web page is under construction right now. Will have a look later on.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    I've ordered a number of things from them, and had quite a bit of communication. They're a good bunch of guys/gals to deal with, with (C)PGA certified staff who inspect the clubs, they have tons of inventory and frequent specials if you register with your email for promos, etc.

They have an eBay site as well, but you only get free S&H with $150+ orders (plus the odd coupon codes like "Buy 2 Get 1 Free Wedge") if you order from their website. The other good Canadian eBay seller is sweetspotdiscountgolf out in SASK

8 Iron waughar is on a distinguished road
    Thanks everyone for the feedback, that was one of my biggest questions @KOKO72 because the prices did look to good to be true. Also great to know free S & H with purchases over $150 @SnazzyD, is that only through the ebay site though???

I feel a lot more confident I can pull the trigger now

Cheers everyone and good luck with your next round

Ace Felix is on a distinguished road Felix's Avatar
    Drove to there warehouse just this side of Montreal. They must have 5 to 10 thousand clubs there. Brought a bunch of my unused clubs and they buy them from you and subtract it from your purchase right on the spot. Very nice people to deal with
    Hope this helps

Wait....I just realized you are referencing golfavenue.com which is just a placeholder site with golf links. The real one is golfavenue.ca which you probably were referring to.

And just to clarify, their direct site (golfavenue.ca) is the only way to get free shipping and take advantage of coupon codes they'll send you in emails if you register with them.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    GOLFQC10
    Will get you 10% off at the moment
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Just hot a driver from them today and have to say i am impressed. The price is right and the shipping is not rediculous like other companies in the States They will be getting all of my business from now on. Thank you guys for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    GOLFQC10
    Will get you 10% off at the moment
    I wonder if that is/was a St Jean Baptiste thing. I really want them to run that Buy 2 Get 1 Free promo on wedges again....

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    I bet this is the company that takes all the trade-ins from Golftown.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar

Pick-up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooterguy View Post
    Prices are good, phenomenal selection (website has lots of LH) and they run a good business. I've been to the old warehouse, and they take pride in accurate club description. Worth a shot.
    Does this mean you can pick up at their shop ? Would be really convenient as I am in Lachine on a regular basis.

Gap Wedge justdoeit is on a distinguished road
    Yes, they have pickup option at checkout

Can you browse their clubs? Sometimes they have 10+ of the same model in various conditions...would be nice to be able to have a closer look and pick the one you want, but I imagine they have way too much inventory to make that feasible.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I beleive they liquidate all of the trade-ins from Golf Town, I also visited the warehouse and it is very legit
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I also visited the warehouse and it is very legit
    Are you free to walk around and find something you like? How is it organized/laid out?

My son loves planespotting and Montreal airport has the only such dedicated park near the runways in all of Canada (fun fact for today). It's a bit of a journey just for that, but if Dad can have his own field trip in GolfLand, we'd be sure make it down that way more often.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    When I was there the front office was very small but I was able to walk around a bit, it was giant.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Team Match Play Champ 2011 quinner is on a distinguished road quinner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I beleive they liquidate all of the trade-ins from Golf Town, I also visited the warehouse and it is very legit
    I actually overheard Ian say that the trade-ins go to a company in Montreal when i was in there on the weekend.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I have only bought through ebay, I have always had a good experience with them....same with sweetspotdiscount as well in Moosejaw, Sask I believe they are located.....

Putter slowmo is on a distinguished road
    Yeah these guys are awesome! My son bought himself a driver last year and I bought Vokey wedges recently through them. Had them within a couple of days. The ads are very accurate and their warranty is also legit. You can call them anytime and they'll gladly help you out. Look out for the sales too. They have some pretty good prices on stuff.

3 Wood boylebj is on a distinguished road boylebj's Avatar
    Recently, I bought an SLDR Driver from them.
    Shipped and received within four days at a cost of $10.
    Oh,... the club cost only $137 and was in excellent condition.

If you're looking for new...and older clubs, they have a large inventory at decent prices.
    However, they do seem to have a lot more LH clubs than RH clubs in their selections.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Anyone have any issues with their condition ratings? Looking at a few clubs and see lots of marks in the pictures that they are taking as good and very good.

Gap Wedge Dixie is on a distinguished road Dixie's Avatar
    I ordered an excellent condition hybrid and it was in really good shape. I will say though it didn't match the picture on their website, the pic on the site you could see the white lines in the grooves and on my club they aren't there. The being said club was still in excellent shape, I would order again.

Later I found out they are also on ebay and I notice it says "actual picture of club"
    Last edited by Dixie; 03-31-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Anyone have any issues with their condition ratings? Looking at a few clubs and see lots of marks in the pictures that they are taking as good and very good.
    I think they pictures they take are always of the actual club so you can usually make a good estimate of the condition
    Lefty Lucas

Some of the clubs i ordered where o.k. but a few where a bit rough. Pics are of the actual clubs so best to have a good look at them.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Well this is one they list as very good.

Very Good
    Unlike our New condition, these item have clearly been used but are in fantastic shape. They may have a few scratches or show signs of wear if you look closely but will still look like the newest item.
    Attached Images

3 Wood boylebj is on a distinguished road boylebj's Avatar
    FYI...Play It Again Sports in Orleans (not sure if other locations do) gets in nice clubs (demos, slightly used) that they will price match with GolfAvenue and others.

Golftown's website used golf clubs section is actually GolfAvenue.

The clubs are good. There will be varying degrees of quality in the same range of Good, Very Good and Excellent. Just look at the different selections to see if you can find one that you would be happy with.

Thread Information