CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    3 Iron spuds is on a distinguished road spuds's Avatar

golfboard? what is this game coming to!

Who else saw the report on these things...as for me I enjoy walking,it keeps you fit and relaxed.I am 61 in age have always walked unless it is mandatory for a cart.Is it becoming too hard for people to walk anymore,and one thing I wonder about these boards is stability,hit one big bump and some doof is going to fall off and injure themselves badly..keep the game traditional

Consistently present bobbyc is on a distinguished road bobbyc's Avatar
    Played EQuinelle yesterday with some friends in 2 4somes. The second group tried the golf boards, while we walked in first group. Took a few holes to get used to them but they indicated they had fun . Nobody fell off .... no twisted ankles or broken bones . But at $30 a pop to rent you can share a riding cart cheaper. Another thing is that there is no 'cart path only 'rule with these. Go where you want in any weather. Our buddies stated this was a fad and they tried them, but walking is much better.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Lol ,can't resist

image.jpg
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Lol ,can't resist

Attachment 49909
    Get off my lawn!
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    I can't believe that these things are not going to grind up some 'wetter' fairways. We'll see what happens wrt insurance rates once a few boys try these with a few 'wobbly pops' under their belt.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

3 Iron spuds is on a distinguished road spuds's Avatar
    Premier Wynne will most likely allow them on 400 series highways eventually

Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    I can't believe that these things are not going to grind up some 'wetter' fairways. We'll see what happens wrt insurance rates once a few boys try these with a few 'wobbly pops' under their belt.
    There's been plenty of stupid things done with a golf cart since they bacame available and they've not gotten rid of them.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Haven't had the pleasure of tring one out yet, but they look pretty cool surfing the fairways at Equinelle. This can only speed up the game..Each individual going directly to their ball. Carts can be time consuming especially the Cart Path Only rule...As long as they are used responsibly, I can't see these being just a quick gimmick....

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    There's been plenty of stupid things done with a golf cart since they bacame available and they've not gotten rid of them.
    True...but there's a lot of fibreglass surrounding them in the carts. With these things....not so much!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Nice idea but doubt that many courses will take it up.
    It would be fun to go down on Nation's 18th

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I think this is crazy---at 30.00 a pop ????? Looks neat etc--but are you playing golf or surfing---and at 60000.00 each I doubt many courses will buy a complete fleet. As Gobble_It says imagine it at Sorcier as well.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    $60k??? Is that confirmed?? If so, that is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    $60k??? Is that confirmed?? If so, that is insane.
    $6k

6 Iron Keeler is on a distinguished road
    $6500.. or lease one for $145/month!

http://www.golfboard.com/buy-lease/

Now hear is a good and valid use for these things. My wife happens to be a Stage IV cancer patient. 'Tumour-free' for now, thank God. We've played golf together for now for 35+ yrs ... But she can no longer walk the courses. She'd love to...especially on cart path only days...just not physically possible. She said to me that if courses would allow you to bring your own board to the course, she would love to have one of these. The mobility issue would literally disappear and she could play the game again the way she did previously.! Now that's a realistic use for these things to me...bring your board to the course. Will definitely cut into proshop revenues but may keep more people on the game longer?

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    6000.00---my bad
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    They have 4 of them and it is $25/18 holes and $15/9 holes.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    $6k
    I wouldn't mind a review of the golfboard please Jeff.
    Andrew

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Three of us took the golfboards out and all three of us had a great time on them. They take a bit to get used to the movement especially tighter turns or coming down hills but once you do they are a joy to be on. They are basically noise pollution free and like Jeff said in another post they aren't like taking carts as you are still able to just focus on your ball. I for one will definitely be doing it again 100%

Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    You can't compare these to a cart, think about the weight in a cart with 2 guys, 2 sets of clubs and the weight of the cart. There is no way these things can do damage to a course under normal use by people with brains in their heads. We took ours out on quite a wet day and it was essentially the same as pushing our bags on our carts.

The course told me that even on wet days, when it is Cart Path Only, you can take them on the fairway as they are treated the same as a pull cart. As stated above, they are a lot of fun, don't take long to get used to and allows you to still play your own ball and not zig zag across the course as you would in a cart. You do get a little workout compared to a cart as well as you use your bodyweight to steer, similar to riding a snowboard or skateboard. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    I went off as a single at eQuinelle the other day as there was a gap between groups, and a foursome of those guys zipping along individually caught up to me so I think they have the potential to speed up the rounds. And I wonder if they're better at keeping you loose given the subtle body movements you're making as you surf along the fairway - especially for those whose backs tighten up after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyD View Post
    I went off as a single at eQuinelle the other day as there was a gap between groups, and a foursome of those guys zipping along individually caught up to me so I think they have the potential to speed up the rounds. And I wonder if they're better at keeping you loose given the subtle body movements you're making as you surf along the fairway - especially for those whose backs tighten up after a while.
    They are fast. In between holes you zip to the next hole and I can get to my ball much faster than if I was walking. I can be at my ball and ready to hit my next shot a lot faster. They do 19km/hr which is 3-4 times faster than walking. In terms of keeping you loose, definitely. It requires some effort with your core, your legs and feet to steer them (the board pivots like a skateboard) so you aren't just sitting still like in a cart. We finished in just under 3 hours with a threesome and had four holes open behind us - we play fast anyways but not crazy fast. Of course if it was the middle of the day we may have been waiting a lot.

As someone with a fairly horrid lower back problem i can attest that carts are one of the worst things for it, these however were absolutely perfect. If i was a member at a course and could store it there i would probably buy one!

Driver moneymaker is on a distinguished road
    Tried these for the first time last week.

If you are young & mildly co-ordinated this is the coolest thing you will have done in a long time.

The first hole or two you get used to it then it is nothing short of awesome.

It's a good core/balance workout for the day, though if you are a purist walker you will notice the "cart attitude"

I always carry and noticed a huge difference in how I felt at the end of the round.

They definitely speed up time to play - we were 3 in a shade under 3hrs, no one in front all day and we dropped a two some in carts on the late front.

The bonus vs carts is everyone goes right to their ball - no side to side motion, everyone clears the hole quick.

We treated them like pull carts for course etiquette.

I can't believe they aren't more popular - I thought it was awesome. will 100% do again.

Gap Wedge enconicado is on a distinguished road
    I wonder if golf courses would allow us to bring our own golfboard.

eQuinelle got rid of theirs, you would have to call the course and ask.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1800Duffers View Post
    eQuinelle got rid of theirs, you would have to call the course and ask.
    what the? I had it on my bucket list to head down there and play on them. any idea why?
    Andrew

I loved using them, lots of fun. Not sure why they got rid of them. They could only be rented once per day due to charging and they had limited inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by 1800Duffers View Post
    I loved using them, lots of fun. Not sure why they got rid of them. They could only be rented once per day due to charging and they had limited inventory.
    I am pretty sure they were leased. Likely brought them on to test the market. I’m sure if they made $ they would have kept them so that’s probably your answer

Thread Information