+ Reply to Thread
    Sunster

Used or recycled balls in Canada?

Seen alot of used ball sites based in the US but just wondering if there's any Canadian companies selling used balls?
    May be easier than paying customs and delivery charges

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    I read somewhere that recycled or refinished balls can be relabeled as ProV1 etc but they could be any other kind of ball. Is that true? And if so, how the heck do they get away with something like that?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Knet for sure. Been ordering from them a lot and always excellent service and prices.I only buy mint or triple AAA balls cause refinished balls tend to lose there finish on them.

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    I've been a long time Golf ball planet customer. Depending on how many you order they'll normally throw in free shipping. They also regularly have discounts mailed out to customers for 10-15% off. You could try planet10 or planet15 to see if it is valid right now.

I've ordered everything from mint to grade B from them. I was pleasantly surprised on Grade B ProV1s as long as you can get by slight discolouration and marker writing. It was great for Legacy where I tended to lose 2-3 (or 10) balls per round in the long grass or bush.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Been using knetgolf.com for a couple of years. Great balls at a great price. I would agree with a previous comment that the mint recycled are better than the refinished.

And also agree with previous comment that many of these balls do seem to disappear when I play Legacy - but usually not in long grass - mostly in deep woods.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Pitching Wedge chucky is on a distinguished road chucky's Avatar
    Knetgolf has moved to Texas and is offering a 10% discount to Canadian customers but the cost of doing business with them has gone way up.Golf ball planet in vancouver gets all their used balls from the states which they pay in american dollars and sells their balls in american dollars.Is there any distributer of used golf balls that is canadian based that sells in canadian dollars.
    Thanks

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chucky View Post
    Knetgolf has moved to Texas and is offering a 10% discount to Canadian customers but the cost of doing business with them has gone way up.Golf ball planet in vancouver gets all their used balls from the states which they pay in american dollars and sells their balls in american dollars.Is there any distributer of used golf balls that is canadian based that sells in canadian dollars.
    Thanks
    KNETgolf was US based but did have a warehouse in Canada that serviced Canadian customers when orders were placed from here. Has it now centralized in the US?
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Knetgolf no longer has a warehouse in Canada.With the Canadian dollar being so weak I was hoping to find a Canadian disdributer of golf balls in canadian dollars.
    Last edited by chucky; 07-28-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Gunzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by chucky View Post
    Thanks
    Wouldn't that now mean there is no HST on KNET purchases now?? That makes a difference with the 10% coupon basically makes the us/cdn difference neutral....ish.

Gap Wedge MoneymanJP is on a distinguished road MoneymanJP's Avatar
    My recent Knet order took two weeks to get shipped to me because they bulk ship orders into Canada then distribute to buyers.

When they had larger operations in Canada the order to receive time was 2 days.

Still a good site to order from though.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    I've used Knet lots over the years and even with the crappy exchange rate its a good deal. My only beef now is I ordered 8 dz ProV1x and they sent all ProV1's. Now its a real pain trying to get it back. The company has been great and no out of pocket for me but dealing with Fedex and paperwork is not fun.

Gap Wedge justdoeit is on a distinguished road
    Only problem I've had with knet:
    1 dz Grade A ProV1x: 3 balls had significant scuffs. Grade B at best
    1 dz ProV1: Got a non-titleist ball as 1 of the 12...was an "alien" brand or something..

too small of an issue to bother contacting knet though

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Just placed a $350 order with GolfBallPlanet. They matched KNets price and they ship from BC. This is the 4-5th time I've used them over the past couple of years and I've never been disappointed. They are very prompt are replying to emails, are friendly on the phone and have a number of sale e-coupons emailed throughout the year.

Best of all I'm supporting a Canadian business, and don't have to deal with cross border shipments.

AAAA+ for GolfBallPlanet and their AAAA+ golfballs

I placed an order with Golf Clearance Warehouse (they used to be in Ottawa) in toronto. Did not find what I was lookihg for so I called,I was looking for pink pro v1 for the wife not something everyone carries they were extremely helpfull got me 6 dozen for $203.00 CDA including shipping took about 5 days. I find on the website you can't always find what you want but if you call toll free they are very helpfull. I will definitely use them again.

Thread Information