CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    We played Mont Pellier yesterday. There is a definite downgrade in all round appearance but for 40.00 all in it was worth it. They are not sure what will be happening next year---the same work crew is still there.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Pineview was decent yesterday. Perhaps not as good as it was last year at this time though. The greens were a bit inconsistent and the course is pretty dry and the ball is running a mile, hard to hold greens. The first hole is playing as a par 4 for the next couple of weeks as the grass over the filled in ditch has time to take. Looks like they are building a new tee on 18, not sure what that's about as it already plays plenty long as a par 4. They have also put in a new bunker in front of the first one in the fairway on that hole. All and all though for $20 you can't go wrong.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    The tees on the first hole have been moved back now that the work is done. The affected area is "ground under repair" but you can hit across it just not on it.

The work on 18 will convert it into a par 5. Should be open for late spring 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Pineview was decent yesterday. Perhaps not as good as it was last year at this time though. The greens were a bit inconsistent and the course is pretty dry and the ball is running a mile, hard to hold greens. The first hole is playing as a par 4 for the next couple of weeks as the grass over the filled in ditch has time to take. Looks like they are building a new tee on 18, not sure what that's about as it already plays plenty long as a par 4. They have also put in a new bunker in front of the first one in the fairway on that hole. All and all though for $20 you can't go wrong.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pine View View Post
    The tees on the first hole have been moved back now that the work is done. The affected area is "ground under repair" but you can hit across it just not on it.

The work on 18 will convert it into a par 5. Should be open for late spring 2016.
    thanks - i thought that might be what you are doing on 18. can i ask the reasoning behind it? it was a tough finishing hole, now it will be an easy par 5.

We like the idea of getting to par 72 (36/36). The hole is a very tough par 4. It plays long, uphill, and into the prevailing wind. It is also a tough green to putt and not receptive to long iron / fairway wood shots. By making it a par 5 we feel it will still present a challenge but might soften the general public's impression of the hole.

thanks - i thought that might be what you are doing on 18. can i ask the reasoning behind it? it was a tough finishing hole, now it will be an easy par 5.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    Awesome!!
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

We like the idea of getting to par 72 (36/36). The hole is a very tough par 4. It plays long, uphill, and into the prevailing wind. It is also a tough green to putt and not receptive to long iron / fairway wood shots. By making it a par 5 we feel it will still present a challenge but might soften the general public's impression of the hole.
    I thought it might be the par 72 thing. I'm not complaining mind you, it was a tough par 4 and yes, usually into the wind.

Gap Wedge justdoeit is on a distinguished road
    The tees on the first hole have been moved back now that the work is done. The affected area is "ground under repair" but you can hit across it just not on it..
    Saw this, booked a round yesterday, and completely disappointed to be hitting from mid-fairway on hole 1. The tees aren't moved back, and by the sounds of it, wont be for a little while still....and no updated sorecard? still showing par 5 500yards for 1. Is it that hard to print out some accurate ones (especially considering the "quality" of the scorecards in general)

A thing to improve at Pineview, Hole 9->10 always the most awkward drive

Albatross HoganWoods is on a distinguished road HoganWoods's Avatar
    Too bad about 18, that was a great hole. Par 5 could be really cool though if they back up in that narrow wooded area far enough to make it a test.

8 Iron Bodey is on a distinguished road
    Anyone played Upper Canada recently?

The tee blocks were ahead of the work while it was being completed. They have been moved back to about 460 yards so the majority of golfers can clear the ground under repair. Unfortunately we can't reprint scorecards every time we do a bit of work on the course and have a temporary tee deck.

What do you find awkward about the drive with Hole 9->10?

Quote Originally Posted by justdoeit View Post
    Saw this, booked a round yesterday, and completely disappointed to be hitting from mid-fairway on hole 1. The tees aren't moved back, and by the sounds of it, wont be for a little while still....and no updated sorecard? still showing par 5 500yards for 1. Is it that hard to print out some accurate ones (especially considering the "quality" of the scorecards in general)

Quote Originally Posted by justdoeit View Post

Is it so hard just to play with the existing card? Seriously.

Gap Wedge justdoeit is on a distinguished road
    The tee blocks were ahead of the work while it was being completed. They have been moved back to about 460 yards so the majority of golfers can clear the ground under repair. Unfortunately we can't reprint scorecards every time we do a bit of work on the course and have a temporary tee deck.

What do you find awkward about the drive with Hole 9->10?
    My mistake I guess for reading "The tees on the first hole have been moved back now that the work is done." as being moved back to their original position...It's still a significant change as you're teeing off from basically the "layup" spot on the hole..and still a Par 5 on the card. By the looks of the scorecards, I don't see why you couldn't print off temporary ones for significant changes like this. It's basically just a laser-printed sheet on card stock. Considering the signage at the holes and the cards don't agree, it'd be nice to know what's accurate.

The drive between 9 and 10 either goes back on a weird loop, or a quick shortcut off the path to 10. both result in weird uturns to the blues (or leave the carts "in the way")

Is it so hard just to play with the existing card? Seriously.
    Without proper signage otherwise, yes, it's annoying without a proper card. Seriously, what's the point of the card if par is 1 off, and the yardage is 50-100 yards off??

I like Pineview, but for $48 carted after 4, there's some room for improvements

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Have been playing golf for over 30 years now and played lots of courses with temporary changes on some holes and rarely do these courses reprint scorecards. I do not let this bother me. The other thing that most people might not like but I like is when a tee box is moved up for some reason. This makes the hole play different. Last thing keep up the good work Pineview.

Tees are in the original positions now. Newly sodded area is "ground under repair".

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Outaouais today...must say the course is in excellent condition...Fastest greens I've played this year...keep up the good work Outaouais!!

2 Iron smiths_falls is on a distinguished road
    Played Pineview today...there was a tournament today on both executive and championship course. After playing behind the last group f the tourney, found an entire set of rental clubs on the 9th hole...all sprawled on the cart path. i found 4 beer cans, and 2 bags of doritos all sprawled in around the clubs. SO i drove up to the group of 6 ing around in the greenside sandbunker, yelling, jumping up and down and taking selfies. I asked if they dropped clubs, this hammered kid (couldnt have been 18) came up to me and slurred..."are they lefty? they couldnt be mine...are they?" then he looks over at his playing partner who went to his cart and confirmed, no they cant be mine. After looking at the cart 3 carts, 2 sets of clubs on 2 carts, 1 set of clubs on the other....6 golfers...I said, "they are your clubs kid" i then gave them the empties that were thrown on the ground. So after all that i drove back to address my approach shot and missed the green and landed in the greenside bunker the kids were all in together at the same time. Ball landed in one of 20 footprints not raked from the sand from these kids. Hahahahahahah T blocks and farways were like clay, course is a little dry, but i just like to get out, and had fun nonetheless. Just a weird day!

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    I played Pineview on Friday, conditions were very good, greens and fairways, I stood at the tip of the 18th tee and is a very good looking par five with the new bunker (I wish it was a tree) I'll be looking forward to play it.
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

Sand Wedge skm69 is on a distinguished road
    Casselview is in very good condition, the greens were very good as well.

I also played Casselview on Wednesday---amazing conditions. The parking lot was empty at 2:30. 1/2 hour down the 417 from Ottawa---well worth the drive.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Heritage yesterday, just very nice from tee to green, $33 including cart with Golf Extra....... $40. for regular green fee with cart.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Mont Cascade was in great shape tee to green.Tee boxes and fairways a bit shaggy. Greens very nice,not too fast.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar

Larrimac...simply lovely....

Used to have a cottage as a kid at the end of the road that runs through this little golf course. Learned to downhill ski on its hilly fairways. It was a lovely little track then and it doesn't disappoint now. Immaculate albeit somewhat slow greens. Good fairways and tee boxes. Takeaway feeling amongst our foursome couples...simply lovely...Nice to know that some things that are good to begin with don't need to change!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by imozzie View Post
    Used to have a cottage as a kid at the end of the road that runs through this little golf course. Learned to downhill ski on its hilly fairways. It was a lovely little track then and it doesn't disappoint now. Immaculate albeit somewhat slow greens. Good fairways and tee boxes. Takeaway feeling amongst our foursome couples...simply lovely...Nice to know that some things that are good to begin with don't need to change!
    Used to be a member there back in the 80's and had a lot of good times at the mens night. havent played there in ages.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    not sure iwhats up at the Marshes but the greens were covered in unrepaired ball marks yesterday. Many mere inches fron the cup. Other than this the course is in nice shape.
    Last edited by Kilroy; 08-24-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    I have to say that I was disappointed with Emerald Links when I played it on Thursday. Fairways were not great, greens were punched on the West 9, and overall conditions were much inferior to my home course at Metcalfe but of course they are still charging a lot more. I used to really like this course but it has not been the same the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    I have to say that I was disappointed with Emerald Links when I played it on Thursday. Fairways were not great, greens were punched on the West 9, and overall conditions were much inferior to my home course at Metcalfe but of course they are still charging a lot more. I used to really like this course but it has not been the same the last few years.
    Could not agree more---I think this year we will see that the monopoly Patterson has on the east/south end will tell. His three courses have always been overpriced. I have heard a lot of folks playing other courses with better conditions for the $$$. Have not played Metcalfe this year but have always found it to be fairly priced in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Could not agree more---I think this year we will see that the monopoly Patterson has on the east/south end will tell. His three courses have always been overpriced. I have heard a lot of folks playing other courses with better conditions for the $$$. Have not played Metcalfe this year but have always found it to be fairly priced in the past.
    I live 10 min from both Anderson and Emerald and about 20 min from 25 min from Cloverdale. In fact I drive by Emerald Links everytime I go to Stonebridge or eQuinelle. I can't remember the last time I played any of these courses. Subpar conditions and uncompetitive green fees have kept me away.

3 Iron spuds is on a distinguished road spuds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Mont Ste-Marie is in great shape, but greens are a bit on the slow side.
    Played Ste Marie Saturday,you needed flippers on the back 9

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Played Chateau Cartier today. A couple of tee boxes were in rough shape, but the fairways and greens were very good.

Thread Information