100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Played Marshes today. Greens were fantastic. Fairways good. A few tee boxes need some work. Bunkers are horrendous. I hear they are re-doing them and it can't be soon enough.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Have to agree with Jeff---I was also there---the bunkers were a disgrace for a course of this caliber---fairways and greens were great.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Casselview today---great conditions---really worth the 30 minute drive.

Lob Wedge ottylaker is on a distinguished road

Calabogie

Whats goin on with Calabogie?....shut down nine holes ...re configuration of course ..got rid of at least 4 good holes.....course is not the same , not in good shape ...fairways tee boxes, greens shaggy but playable....sad to see.

Lob Wedge ottylaker is on a distinguished road

Oaken ham

Also heard Pakenham closed nine holes.....membership has dropped off and according to a member I spoke to conditions there are not good.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Montebello, greens are a little rough and slower than normal or what we are used to there over the years

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Golf course saturation..... No money for maintenance. We will begin to see capitulation in the valley within a year or two.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    it is too bad what has happened to Pakenham over the course of the past 4-5 years. Ten years ago it was one of the better courses in the Valley. Always busy on the weekends , three good 9 hole layouts, decent membership , they hosted their fair share of tournaments and did a nice job. Each of the past 4 seasons I have played it once to see if it is on the rebound and vowed not to go back due to sub standard conditions. As JohnyC said its a matter of time before some of these course are no longer sustainable.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    played Pineview today for the first time in years , now I understand the buzz , the greens are very , very nice. I also find this course to be strategically bunkered , both fairway and green side. Will definately be going back.

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    Thanks for coming out. Glad to see the hard work is paying off.

Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    played Pineview today for the first time in years , now I understand the buzz , the greens are very , very nice. I also find this course to be strategically bunkered , both fairway and green side. Will definately be going back.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    eQunielle at the weekend was phenomenal , fastest greens I've putted on in years yesterday @ the Fl@gstick open , worth the drive
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Shagging Balls Wayne is on a distinguished road
    How is Lock March mosquito this year?
    Birdie put

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    Nice course, I found there was no deal last time I played there the fairways were dry and they charge full price, is almost four years, is the sort of thing that leave you with a bad taste, with limited time/funds to play is hard to keep supporting.
    it is too bad what has happened to Pakenham over the course of the past 4-5 years. Ten years ago it was one of the better courses in the Valley. Always busy on the weekends , three good 9 hole layouts, decent membership , they hosted their fair share of tournaments and did a nice job. Each of the past 4 seasons I have played it once to see if it is on the rebound and vowed not to go back due to sub standard conditions. As JohnyC said its a matter of time before some of these course are no longer sustainable.
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Anyone been to Carling lake lately. tks

Lob Wedge JCLefty is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ottylaker View Post
    Whats goin on with Calabogie?....shut down nine holes ...re configuration of course ..got rid of at least 4 good holes.....course is not the same , not in good shape ...fairways tee boxes, greens shaggy but playable....sad to see.
    What day did you play? I played on July 17 and the greens rolled great, speedy. The fairways from the old nine hole course need work, they currently have no irrigation systems on those holes. But I did really like the holes on the 18 course that they got rid of, they were super nice.

It's an ok layout but I liked the old layout better.

Ace Felix is on a distinguished road Felix's Avatar
    Do not go to Carling Lake KaK was there 2 weeks ago and it is in terrible shape. Lots of rocks in the bunkers, Greens all have winter kill, Fairways are brutal. Just not what it use to be 20 years ago when I played there. Not worth the drive up there

Need a Caddy solstrum is on a distinguished road
    Pakenham and Calabogie.. the owners have a new hobby. The race track! Calabogie Motorsport. And it is crazy busy. I would think this has led to "loss of interest". The owners used to be at the courses every day... now not so much.

plus, as mentioned above... the golf community is dying. Getting older, retiring and not much new blood coming into the game. The dollars are being split into to many pieces of the pie.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    The new west nine at Hunt Club is in near perfect condition. Aside from the tee shot on 1 west, I absolutely love the layout and the condition is on par with Royal Montreal. The new driving range and practice facility is exceptional - as good as I have seen at any club I have ever played or visited. I can't wait until the south nine opens later this year!

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Gatineau this afternoon ... Course in great shape to to green. Traps need to be turned over as they are like concrete on every hole though. Only negative is the amount of gnats buzzing around. I thought that they would have all burnt off by now...but I think they simply all relocated to Gatineau!
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Played Mountain Creek today for the first time this year (slow year due to moving last fall and baby this spring) - great condition, greens rolling true. Nice and green tees, fairways and greens. They cut off most lower tree limbs helping out the finding of balls and pitching back out to the fairway if you hit a wayward shot. Despite the heat and humidity today, it was nice to be back!

Bouche
    Played Le Sorcier yesterday.

Greens were the slowest I have putted on in a long time. 4-5 footers were hard because they didn't roll true and broke like crazy around the hole when they lost speed. Greens were aerated two weeks ago and they have not completely filled in making it a bumpy road to the hole.

Tee decks hard and chewed up. Fairways looked like they had some disease and it was very hard to get a good lie.
    Layout is amazing and could be such a better course if the conditions were better.

At the price they charge I will not be back. I would prefer to play other courses in that price range like Loch March where I will get a better bang for my buck

I have to agree 100 %. For folks paying 68.00--it's too much. I had a decent game but could have been a lot better if the greens were in better shape. Very bumpy and extremely slow. Hopefully they will recover before the end of the season.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Get up to Renfrew, the greens are fantastic, smooth, quick and true and the course is in great shape. Worth the trip. Best course conditions in years. $40+HST for 18 with a cart weekdays.
    Andrew

Bouche
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    I have to agree 100 %. For folks paying 68.00--it's too much. I had a decent game but could have been a lot better if the greens were in better shape. Very bumpy and extremely slow. Hopefully they will recover before the end of the season.
    Hit 6 out of the first 7 greens. 16 putts LOL

5 Wood gdwlkspld is on a distinguished road
    Got to agree with Sakuraba about Renfrew... it's in great shape and greens are better than I've ever seen them!

At $40.00 plus HST for 18 and cart, a no-brainer.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Played Le Geant for the first time yesterday. Beautiful course tee to green. Slick greens deceiving wrt their slope and roll-out. Only complaint would be their sand traps. They are more like rock quarries filled with stones...many in the 3/4" range! Why such a beautiful course would be satisfied with this type of blemish, I don't understand. Would definitely play again...however, with Vokeys in the bag, never again out of their traps.
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Renfrew Thursday---greens a tad slow but otherwise great conditions. Bearbrook this morning---for 20,00---no complaints and hardly anyone there 3 1/2 hours.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar

Perth

Played Perth for the first time and it is really nice. Few puddles here and there in the back 9 due to the passing thunderstorm last night but it drains quite well

The green was excellent and rolling true. Front 9 is full of doglegs and short but and back 9 open up a bit.

Ottawa G. Now's early bird 30$ cart included..what a deal..worth a driver from Ottawa
    Last edited by Gobble_It; 08-03-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Gatineau greens in excellent shape. Nice and quick !!!

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Played Mississippi today. It was in fantastic condition. $40 cart included at 12 PM twilight is an almost unbeatable deal.

Thread Information