100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spuds View Post
    Played Ste Marie Saturday,you needed flippers on the back 9
    It does get quite wet after rain on the back.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Played le Sorcier this am. for the first time in 4 years Wow !!! What a change. Beautifull flowers, stone steps to tee boxes, excellent greens.
    Very impressed.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Played le Sorcier this am. for the first time in 4 years Wow !!! What a change. Beautifull flowers, stone steps to tee boxes, excellent greens.
    Very impressed.
    other than that, how were the tee boxes and fairways marc? how were the greens running?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Medalist imozzie is on a distinguished road imozzie's Avatar
    Sun Scramble tomorrow at Le Sorcier, Marc. Good to hear that we have good conditions heading in...
    "If profanity had any influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be a lot easier than it is" - Horace Hutchinson (1903)

Jeff, tee boxes where good, fairways also good, not exceptional but just good. I was amazed at what the new owners have done. Greens where running fast, as my playing partner who played last week told me.Hope this helps.

Driver Muddler is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    I have to say that I was disappointed with Emerald Links when I played it on Thursday. Fairways were not great, greens were punched on the West 9, and overall conditions were much inferior to my home course at Metcalfe but of course they are still charging a lot more. I used to really like this course but it has not been the same the last few years.
    Played it on Sunday. It was embarrassingly bad. We were scheduled to play East-West. East 9 had almost no grass on the fairways, greens had huge punches and no top-dressing. Pace was atrocious. We were a threesome behind two twosomes and had to wait on every shot. We begged the marshall to go out on South and it wasn't much better pace-wise, at least the conditions were a bit better. Overall, a terrible overpriced experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Jeff, tee boxes where good, fairways also good, not exceptional but just good. I was amazed at what the new owners have done. Greens where running fast, as my playing partner who played last week told me.Hope this helps.
    based on the video I just saw of the Sun Scramble event there today, the first tee box looked horrific. I trust the rest of them look better than that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    based on the video I just saw of the Sun Scramble event there today, the first tee box looked horrific. I trust the rest of them look better than that one.
    What you saw Jeff was the first tee under repair. They moved the tee box down from there to the second level. All the other ones are very good.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    There were a few rough tee boxes , but it's the best I've ever seen LeSorcier , very nice and the greens were quick too , I hope to be back there at least once before the end of the season
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Played Stonebridge last night. The greens were pretty bumpy and it looked like the pins hadn't been moved in a few days - tons of spike marks, etc. all around the holes - a shame really as other parts of the greens looked good. The rough is the thickest I have seen it in a long time there. The bunkers could really use some more sand, there is about a half inch of decent sand over top of some pretty hard sand making bunker shots really tough as the club just bounces off it. Fairways were fantastic. Tee boxes were quite good as well. I feel sorry for whoever bought that house to the right of#5 - it's going up right now.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Oak of Cobden

Never disappointed---well worth the drive---20.00 a Sunday---no one in front and no one behind. 3 1/2 hours
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Pitching Wedge chucky is on a distinguished road chucky's Avatar

Pineview

I have been playing Pineview for over 40 years and have never seen this course in better shape, the new owners in two years have turned this course into my opinion one of the best places to play. We were there Saturday and could not believe the condition the course was in, if there are weeds of any kind don't remember seeing them,no more hitting off clover,fairways well definded and narrowed, and even though they punched the greens on tuesday they were in great shape,I am not a member at a private club but what these guys have done in two years is amazing.With all the improvements they have made and more still to come, and the location they are in, they are a driving range away from getting us to become members.
    GREAT JOB PINEVIEW see you again Saturday.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I had the pleasure of playing Deep River yesterday, the course was in excellent conditions, and the greens were perfect and very fast. It is a long drive for sure (it was an inter-club tournament) but if you are ever out that way, it is worth it. Hands down the best 9 hole course I've ever played.
    Andrew

Thread Information