100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: cold"pops"

Barnie
    [/QUOTE] I like more than a few in the proper context. But if you're drinking enough beer at the course that you need to sneak them in to avoid the financial costs, you've got bigger issues.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me. Not all the people who play golf have unlimited cash flow. I'm a student (read tution) with a part time job and the price of a green fee is retarded in the first place.. I don't have an extra $10 bucks to toss to the beer cart girl for a couple of drinks. I'll sneak em in thanks. I love these people with their moral issues. Brainwashed, brainwashed, brainwashed.. it's amazing!!

Driver Adska is on a distinguished road
    It's also amazing that you can't go 4.5 hours without having a beer.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Beer with golf is the applesauce on my porkchops, the popcorn with my movie. To me, bringin it onto the course is like speeding in my car. everybody does it.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba
    Beer with golf is the applesauce on my porkchops, the popcorn with my movie. To me, bringin it onto the course is like speeding in my car. everybody does it.
    EVERYBODY does it!!?? Really!!??

'Cuz in 6 years and hundreds of rounds of golf with hundreds of different people, I can only recall ONCE seeing someone pull a beer out of their golf bag (I declined their kind offer since I thought 8am was just a tad early for a cold one).

True, I play the vast majority of my rounds before noon - I'm sure it happens more frequently in the afternoon. But EVERYBODY!!?? I don't think so.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    'Cuz in 6 years and hundreds of rounds of golf with hundreds of different people, I can only recall ONCE seeing someone pull a beer out of their golf bag (I declined their kind offer since I thought 8am was just a tad early for a cold one).
    You're just not playing with the right guys el tigre
    I've seen it, I've done it , will continue to see it done, and more than likely still do it occasionaly.
    IMO as long as you keep the cans and throw them out and not on the course, take care of greens as if they were your own and make sure not to damage anything, who is it really hurting?
    There are many courses who take advantage that some of us like a cold drink on the course and charge way too much. Played a few CL courses and at $8 a beer (600% mark up), who wants not to bring their own?
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    You're just not playing with the right guys el tigre
    Yeah, we'll have to do something about that. Geez, I've seen you on the course often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    I've seen it, I've done it , will continue to see it done, and more than likely still do it occasionaly.
    IMO as long as you keep the cans and throw them out and not on the course, take care of greens as if they were your own and make sure not to damage anything, who is it really hurting?
    Yeah, I don't have a problem with it. I just don't think it is as common as Sakuraba makes it out to be. In my experience, most golfers (myself included) buy their beer at the course.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    I was the ONLY person you saw in 6 years??? LOL....

Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by el tigre
    EVERYBODY does it!!?? Really!!??

True, I play the vast majority of my rounds before noon - I'm sure it happens more frequently in the afternoon. But EVERYBODY!!?? I don't think so.
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

7 Iron PinHigh is on a distinguished road PinHigh's Avatar

Talking good point

the fact that some courses charge to much for a beer is a good point. I think it is prolly the real point. I think I stopped buying beer from the cart tarts when I realized (pretty early on) that they are charging strip club prices but they were not getting naked, and I didn't see no champaign room!! I can't wait till the weekend after next. I am going to play The Mark O'meara course, Deerhurst and Bigwin Island (got to brag). Now each of those costs well over a $100 for a tee time, do you think I am now going to say "well whats $5 or $10 more??" hahaha
    - I actually bought a bigger bag.....more beer.

I can also say I am probbably paying for that weekend with the money I saved last two years alone in BYOB,

ta ta,

Pinhigh
    "Well, I got a lot of stuff on order. You know... credit trouble"

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I ALWAYS buy a beer on the course, especially if I'm packing a few of my own.

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    O.k, interessting posts.

When i asked about opinions on drinking beer on the course,i was not aware that
    some folks "drink...."
    Any more than 2 beers on a hot day on the links,and i'm sun buzzed!
    Dont get me wrong,I can drink beer like crazy!,but never more than a few on the
    course.
    Personaly,i have never seen anyone drunk while playing(what a sight that would be!)
    As some of you have wrote,the price some carts cost is insane!
    Thats the only reason i sometimes bring a couple of cans.
    At the cost some green fees are,they should include a free beer!
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Thread Information