CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge lazyjack is on a distinguished road

P3Proswing with Swingbyte with Vector X

Wanting to improve my golf swing, I first bought a P3Proswing, then later a Swingbyte and, in the last few weeks, have added a secondhand Vector X. Being able to compare one set of data with the other two seems to make the whole add up to much more than the sum of the parts. All together the three gadgets cost less than $1600 and produce a lot of data on my golf swing. I find the data analysis a challenge but interesting. There is too much data to list here but, if you are interested, you can see how the data from all three match up and how it is helping to improve my driver swing here:-

http://lazyjack.me/golf/

Has any one else done something similar?

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Very interesting results and comparisons. You are still using the old P3pro software. I have found this older version to be reasonable but rather optimistic. The older one seems to be based on older ball flight theory. The new one is based on the latest ball flight theory, Trackman based, and is much more realistic. Is there a reason you are still using the older version?

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    My advice, get rid of the Swingbyte. Use just the Vector and the P3pro with the new software. The Swingbyte is not accurate and the data its giving you will be off compared to the others. The problem is partly due to its lack of measuring towards the appropriate target line. It also often will slip on the club shaft and give errors.

No, in fact I did not realise that I was using an older version. Thanks for that, I will upgrade it. To an extent I am not too concerned about the ball flight algorithms as all I want from P3Proswing is club info through the hitting area. That said I would like the ball flight to match Vector X if possible and eventually I will fine tune my P3Proswing club speed to get it to match the ball speed of Vector X as close as possible.

I think you are a little hard on the Swingbyte. I have an early Swingbyte and I agree it can slip and has no idea where the target line is. However my Vector X or P3proswing both know where the target line is and Swingbyte used in conjunction with them is a lot of bang for the buck. There are many things that Swingbyte does very well that the other monitors do not do at all. Take tempo, only Swingbyte knows when you reach the top of your back swing and can measure tempo. I know from Swingbyte that my best drives often result from a tempo of about 4:1 and Swingbyte lets me groove this in.
    I suppose what I am saying is that Vector X measures the ball flight and P3Proswing the club over the 9” through the ball, but these are the result of the rest of my golf swing and only Swing byte tells me anything about that.

Quote Originally Posted by bubba22 View Post
    My advice, get rid of the Swingbyte. Use just the Vector and the P3pro with the new software. The Swingbyte is not accurate and the data its giving you will be off compared to the others. The problem is partly due to its lack of measuring towards the appropriate target line. It also often will slip on the club shaft and give errors.

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    Well good luck analyzing the data. I hope it helps you with your game. Keep us posted.

Lob Wedge ambi is on a distinguished road
    I'd be curious to see how the p3 Launch angle /camera feature compares with your launch monitor. You obviously don't need this as you have a dedicated system which is likely better, but given what you've spent on your setup already, adding this to your rig is nothing.

Would you add the p3 LA camera and share the results "for science?"

Good idea, will try and do that tomorrow.

Eagle SFR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ambi View Post
    I'd be curious to see how the p3 Launch angle /camera feature compares with your launch monitor. You obviously don't need this as you have a dedicated system which is likely better, but given what you've spent on your setup already, adding this to your rig is nothing.

Would you add the p3 LA camera and share the results "for science?"
    I had tested the P3Pro LA cam with a GC2 when it was first out and being beta tested. What I found was that you could set up the p3pro cam so that it created different LA as you moved and adjusted the cam. So you might set it up and hit a club that gave you a 22 deg LA and then adjust the cam a bit lower or higher and it would give you a 26 deg LA or 20 deg. Now once I had the GC2 set up along side of the P3pro cam and adjusted the cam to match the GC2 LA on a given hit, from then on the P3pro was matching each hit within a deg or even 1/2 deg. So once it is set up accurate, it is very good. The problem is unless you know what you just hit for LA, on it's own you will not know if it is set at the right height.

The other issue is that you might need to adjust the cam when hitting off the turf compared to hitting a driver off a 2 inch tee. So if you need to do that to play a round it may not get set the same every time unless you make a jig to easily adjust back to the same spot.

As a free option with the use of almost any web cam, it is a nice addition and for range practice would be very good. The slight delay it takes for the shot to register may also be an issue for course play.

Unfortunately I could not run Vector X and the P3Proswing launch cam together. The Vector X was in the way of the P3Proswing cam. I am sure SFR is correct though, it will be hard to get the P3Proswing cam aligned to within 3 or 4 degrees. A random error does not matter so much as you can average it out but misaligned the P3Proswing cam will give a consistent under or over read.

What I did though was to check the P3Proswing impact on club face by spraying dry shampoo on my 9 iron. Without any tape on the bottom of my Bridgestone J38 the P3Proswing was spot on every time. It was so accurate I wondered why P3proswing did not do a better graphic.
    Attached Images

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    SFR is of course right about the camera setup, although that goes for any system I'm aware of with cameras.
    I know my trackman Launch angle numbers and that does make it easier.

One of the things I do to make the camera setup easier/more accurate is graduate my screen. What I mean by that is I place pieces of tape on the screen representing various launch angles. You can do this as well by measuring the distance from the spot you hit the ball to the screen. Then measure various heights on the screen. You can then take the arc/inverse tangent of the height on the screen divided by the distance to the screen. This of course helps one calibrate the launch angle numbers. The farther it is to your screen and the lower the ball launch speed the more launch angle error will be introduced. I can see where the ball hit the screen and check that indicated launch angle against that measured by the launch angle in the P3proswing software.

The photo suggests your setup is very good. Club taping and selected tee heights are important for such consistent results. You obviously have that down.

Thread Information