CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road

aboutGolf Studio

I had several demos on aboutGolf (aG) and really liked the system, especially the course variety. It would be nice to watch a tournament on TV and councurrently play the same course on the golf simulator. However, the system was very expensive to purchase. I started reading golf forums/blogs, doing independent research and realized a DYI simulator will produce quite a cost saving. I put together a nice simulator with GC2. I am pleased with the accuracy of GC2 but would like to have better couse graphics and courses that host tournaments. It would be great to play hole 17 on TPC while your favorite golfer is playing that hole during the tournament. I have an excellent projector, screen, and computer; thus there is no further improvement on my end. I am contemplating purchasing The Golf Club (TGC) but I have not had a lot of feedback about using TGC with GC2. I have read all the related threads on The Golf Simulator Forum and on this forum. I am wary that perhaps Foresight will change firmware and preclude use of TGC in future. I have heard the the counter argument: "don't update firmware." This logic in my opinion does not seem to be a valid one. Now I am contemplating purchasing Ag Studio. Has anyone purchased and installed aG studio? If so, what was the price and do you any problems with installation?

Lob Wedge Minnelli is on a distinguished road
    Don't know much about AG but the courses look a little out of date graphically. I'm in a similar situation and have a GC2. I would love to use GSX with TGC but am afraid on the same thing on the next firmware or they force us to do a firmware update to get something basic to work. So I'm stuck because FSX doesn't look that great for $1k upgrade charge. Granted I've only demoed the 1.0 version of FSX but just not sure but has hope. I have been watching SkyTrak to see if they can work something solid out with a couple guys. TGC - then $2k gets you a solid sim (hopefully) with a ton of courses and probably the platform online play will go since it's sort of open. E6 Cloud - then maybe $20-50/mo gets us a bunch of solid courses with good online play. We will have to see how it all shakes out.

I will say this about FSX Compete - I did find myself hitting a bunch of shots to make it to the leaderboard, top 10 on a few of the holes. Should be nice until the top 10 are all within 2 feet and you don't have a chance. Then they need top for the day, week, month, all-time.

Soooo, just sharing my thoughts with you and community. Let us know what direction you go. You're not alone

Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar
    My advice, read more on GC2 and TGC. There are many, many folks here that have them. AG will cost you a few bucks. The graphics are outdated.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    There's a term in business called FUD. Fear Uncertainty Doubt.

You have experienced FUD. The GC2 send numbers using Bluetooth. That's how an iPad works. TGC takes those numbers and uses them to simulate. I demoed aboutgolf then bought a GC2 and TGC. There's no magic update coming to wipe out the. Gc2 users.

bk1106
    Same shoes here with GC2 + FS1, and looking to expand in courses. The TGC route looks better and better now that FSX has shown what it has to offer. For the many that has gone with TGC, do you like the Protee course pack? Do you still play them? Is that very similar to FS1 courses with a working minimap? (I like FS1 a lot) If all true, then FS1 shall remain as my driving range, TGC shall give me visual upgrades and a multitude of courses, and Protee course pack will be my fall back if TGC does not mature fast enough. What am I missing? Please kindly advise. Best regards.

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    I don't use Protee at all. It's like playing Nintendo when you have GTA 5 on Xbox one. The problem with TGC is it was designed to be a video game and as such it's missing things like a working mini map and practice mode. Protee has all the features you could ever want. I'm hopeful and confident that TGC will have the same features soon.

8 Iron torreypines is on a distinguished road
    I played aG this weekend and a bit underwhelmed with graphics and readings. The distances were off a bit in comparison to GC2 and play on golf course. I am going to demo FSX again but leaning towards TGC.

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    Optishot is premiering courses replicating those on the tour. This week, they introduced Jack's Dream, from Murifield. You can download them temporarily during the tournament play, then they disappear afterwards - unless you choose to purchase them. I played the first 9 yesterday, and was very impressed. Think I'll buy this one for sure!

Thread Information