CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge ambi is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb P3proswing + slickthings(jagmanjoe) shell/turf

Has anyone successfully made the slickthings/jagmanjoe Soft Shell work with the P3proswing(Standard turf)?

Joe says that this shell will only work with the rubbertop which i don't believe is a purchase option these days (or if it is, well it's too late for me).

Does anyone have any tips on how to make mods to either the P3 standard turf or the shell to make both work?

Stripping the P3 turf: will shaving/scraping the turf off clear enough space to work ? can it be peeled off? looks to be glued on the unit pretty well.

Mods to the Shell: are there any that can be done on the shell instead and still have decent height for the sensors?

Appreciate any help here - thanks!

5 Iron jagmanjoe is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ambi View Post
    Has anyone successfully made the slickthings/jagmanjoe Soft Shell work with the P3proswing(Standard turf)?

Joe says that this shell will only work with the rubbertop which i don't believe is a purchase option these days (or if it is, well it's too late for me).

Does anyone have any tips on how to make mods to either the P3 standard turf or the shell to make both work?

Stripping the P3 turf: will shaving/scraping the turf off clear enough space to work ? can it be peeled off? looks to be glued on the unit pretty well.

Mods to the Shell: are there any that can be done on the shell instead and still have decent height for the sensors?

Appreciate any help here - thanks!
    I know that I have sold a few of these units to others that had the original P3 turf not the rubber top. I seem to recall someone mentioning gently scraping the original turf top off and thought they were on the Ottawagolf forum. I would also appreciate hearing of any experiences removing or modifying the original turf top so mine can be used as a replacement. Thanks in advance!

Lob Wedge ambi is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for chiming in Joe!

Would you mind sharing your internal height measurement for the shell - i.e. how much height will it take?

The thick black material under my standard turf seems to be about 1/2 inch. I didn't measure the base but I assume it is the same as the rubber top version. (it seems a little thinner though on the part where it ramps down)

From your video, I see that the shell has some "flaps" underneath one side that keep the unit tucked *inside* the shell. Other than the height potentially being a sensor issue (that can be adjusted in the software it seems?), if the shell were to simply "sit" on top of the unit vs enclose it, would that still not work since the current turf adds like a 1/2+ inch or so of height?

Sorry I keep asking about possible workarounds - I really want this combo to work
    Last edited by ambi; 05-26-2015 at 02:49 PM. Reason: typo

Thread Information