100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Optishot 2

Putter Foofighter is on a distinguished road

Optishot 2

Was about to purchase a garmin gps then started thinking
    What is the best purchase to help my game?
    Been back at it for almost a year can almost shoot 90.
    Took a lesson here and there.
    With budget being an issue.
    I have a mat and net set up in spare room apartment.
    Most my free practice time is late at night when the girl is asleep.
    What's a better purchase an Optishot, Arcoss Golf or the gps?

3 Wood Stonebattle is on a distinguished road
    Hmmm, I would say none of the above. If you want to play better golf, I would say use that money to go to a club fitter with a trackman or like simulator and get your clubs, including the putter, fit for lofts and lie angles. This will give you the best chance to get the ball started at the target and hit them with the right distance gaps.

Optishot 2 can help, but to me it is limited. GPS devices are ok, but one has to know how far one hits the various clubs and do it consistently in order for those to help.
    Last edited by Stonebattle; 05-22-2015 at 09:33 AM. Reason: More readable

Lob Wedge ambi is on a distinguished road
    I have the P3proswing (went with that vs Optishot since it is more accurate) and the Arccos - and the answer will depend on what you are looking to get from them. Both are very helpful as long as you know what to expect from them.

P3Proswing/Optishot - this is for working on your swing mechanics, especially if you want to make sure you are working on things like release, making sure the clubface hits squarely, etc. Frankly, for average golfers, this type of info is very helpful with this. The ball flight and other things in the simulator I believe can be tweaked/improved with the launch monitor and you have to upgrade quite a bit to get more pinpoint accuracy on club face analysis, etc. But again, if you are woking on getting the face square at impact, this can only help.

Also, for me, this for those days when you can't go to the range or course - and being from the North East, I have quite a bit of those.

Arccos - this is a stats tracker for the golf course, and won't help you with your swing mechanics other than keep track of where your ball lands. It helps you identify your distances and tendencies - and frankly overall strengths and weaknesses. It being GPS based, is accurate up to a certain point (as with all GPS based devices), but for most golfers, it is accurate enough. I find it very useful.

Also, the Arccos app gives you GPS based distances to the center and back of the green, so if you have this, there is no need for a separate GPS device. To get the most accurate distances on the course however, best to go with a laser rangefinder.

Both are quite helpful for what they are designed to do.
    Last edited by ambi; 05-25-2015 at 12:25 PM. Reason: typo

Thread Information