100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    4 Iron akyyyy is on a distinguished road

Best way to hang impact screen?

Just getting my Sim room ready and I'm having issues hanging my screen. Too many wrinkles. Any tips..? I have the screen from Foresight.

Should I hang screen so the bottom barley touches the ground or should it be 6" on the ground.

I'll include a picture. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

TIA
    Attached Images

6 Iron psyflyjohn is on a distinguished road
    Harbor Freight has little black clips that will attach to the edges of your screen. They also have small bungee chords that you can then attach to the clip, wrap around the pvc, then attach back to your screen. The effect is to have dynamic tension on all parts of the screen at once, eliminating sags, creases, etc. Works very well for me, though I use foam balls. I don't see any reason it wouldn't work with real balls also. May cost you all of $20. Good luck !

Albatross mthunt is on a distinguished road
    Go to Home Depot and get 8 foot lengths of angle iron stuff with slots. Screw to wall on all the way across top and sides. Use small bungees. Tons of them. The tension takes out the wrinkles but not too tight...just enough to remove wrinkles . Let the bottom hang.

I have angle iron on each side of the screen. Top is on a cable that's tightened with a turnbuckle. Bottom is loose touching the ground and still have wrinkles. R u saying the top should be attached to angle iron also with bungies?

John, I have grommets on the left and right sides already

The wrinkles are from it being too loose. Do you have it installed the way foresight says to do it? You need to tighten the turnbuckles until the wire goes straight without sag across the top completely. Angle iron works on top,when there's gromets. You need bungee cords on the side. Yours are too loose. Make them a lot tighter.

I followed fs instructions. Only thing I couldn't follow is to use 8" bungee... I can only find 10" so that's what I went with. Will this makeup difference if I'm tightening really tight?

Top turnbuckle is tight as it can go. There might be a slight sag, but very slight. Should I shorten top cable so I can make it tighter?

Side bungees are really tight. Any tighter it will pull screen towards iron angle making more creases and wrinkles.

Do I need to let screen rest of ground? How many inches?

This is really getting frustrating... Help!

Thanks for the help guys...

I don't know how your bungees are set up but your screen is sagging a lot so your bungees are loose and your top wire is not tight. Shorten the cable. It needs to be dead straight. Here's a picture of my bungees. Run the bungee through the gromet.
    Attached Images

My bungees are tight as urs are busy top cable is definitely not in a straight line. I'll try making it straighter

Thread Information